Help with ITH and Amairo Islenauts

So, I've been using ITH to hook text from Amairo Islenauts, and I've been having significant difficulty with doubled text. It seems to vary by sub-chapter, where in some sub-chapters, every single line will have doubled characters, in others, there will be no doubling at all, and everything in between. I've tried messing around with the options and such but that doesn't seem to help at all. Well, if I untick the "automatically suppress character repetition" box then every line gets doubled in stead of just some, but other than that, none of the options seem to have any effect. I've found a temporary work around which I've been using which is every time I find a doubled line, I go into the text log and jump back to the line I'm currently at. If I do that, then the text gets hooked correctly, but I have to do that every time I come across a doubled line and it's really slowing me down. 

There may not be anything I can do about this, but I thought I'd ask here, just in case there was some magic fix or something that I'm unaware of.

TLDR: Help! doubled text in Amairo Islenauts

I appreciate you spending the time to read and (hopefully) answer my question

First of all do not use ITH for Amairo*Islenauts, go with Visual Novel Reader instead.

Now to fix this problem of yours:

1: Open the left side panel and click on menu => text settings. (in VNR)

2: Tick "Eliminate finite repetiton in the text" and "Ignore infinite cyclic repetition in the text"

3: A pop-up will appear. Click on "Yes"

4: Click on "Save"

5: Enjoy the Game!