Attention all Osu! players! - Poll Update

Stanleys

Would you prefer the 53 minute beatmap or the 35 minute one?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the 53 minute beatmap or the 35 minute one?

• 53 minute beatmap
    • 35 minute beatmap

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll is now closed! With a lead by one vote, the 35 minute beatmap has won! I will still leave the links to both in the first paragraph for those that want it. I will send out a PM to each group so we can work out times on June 1. Anyone is still welcome to join!

Me and RainHeaven have decided to host an event of sorts. We have found a fairly long beatmap and would like to have a group challenge with the members here. The link to the beatmap is here. The marathon one of course. Sorry for the delay, here is the link to the 35 minute beatmap.

And this is open to all game modes. Standard, Catch the Beat, Taiko, and Mania. All you have to do is post which ones you would like to participate in. I plan on making the dates for each group different so you can play in however many modes you like. If there are enough members, we can split the groups into more than one room. Each room will also be a private room with a password which we can decide on in the PM.

We would like whoever wants to join to post by the 1st of June. After that I will send out a PM to each group in order to set a date. You can still join after that, its just preferred that you do so before to be apart of the planning from the beginning. After each group has finished, they can take a screenshot of their results and post it hear and I will condense all of them to show up side by side to compare scores.

The beatmap itself is not hard, it's just extremely long, just under 53 minutes. I myself have played some of it in CTB. I'm positive that it won't prove too difficult to anyone, maybe even new comers to Osu! I would like to keep this mod free as well in order too keep everyone on the same standing, but if anyone has an argument for the use of mods, I would love to hear it. So if you want to compete with your friends here, or just want to see what you can do, sign up and start practicing!

And just to add a goal of sorts, here are the max combos for each mode as shown on the leaderboards:

Osu!Standard: 9289

Catch the Beat: 9225

Taiko: 8312

Osu! Mania: 8030

Participants 

Osu! Standard

Nosebleed

Suzuki-san

Jptje

maefdomn

Catch The Beat

Stanleys

RainHeaven

Kaguya

Yukiru

Ohiowar

Yume

Taiko

suikashoujo

Osu! Mania

Zephryion

Oh wow, that's some big combo.

If there is enough people i'm in.

I'm terrible at marathons though. Are we allowed to play it before the set day ?

I'm terrible at marathons though. Are we allowed to play it before the set day ?

I don't see any reason why not. I don't think any amount of practice can prepare you for nearly an hours worth of playing.

... That map is so long xD

I didn't realize until I actually played it ^^"

Edit: Tried DT to make it shorter ... Nah ... Bad idea. I lose 1/5 in

Edit2:

he beatmap itself is not hard, it's just extremely long, just under 53 minutes. I myself have played some of it in CTB. I'm positive that it won't prove too difficult to anyone, maybe even new comers to Osu!

Yes it is.

On osu! standard the 9000 combo one is really hard.

The first song is really easy...

I'll do mania. Does this marathon have an insurance policy?

Of course! For every 10 points of brain damage, you get 1000 points added to your score. And if you pass out you get 100,000 points.

Also, I'm think of changing the beatmap to one that is only 35 minutes long to see if we can attract more people. Should we keep it the same or use the new one?

Of course! For every 10 points of brain damage, you get 1000 points added to your score. And if you pass out you get 100,000 points.

Also, I'm think of changing the beatmap to one that is only 35 minutes long to see if we can attract more people. Should we keep it the same or use the new one?

If you do, get rid of the second song (the 1200 combo one) which destroys 95% of my runs.

If I can play on a weekend, I'm in.

I need to know what modes you two want in on.

I hate really long beatmaps. 53 mins... yeah that's going to be a pain.

I can imagine the amount of pp you can get if you S it though.

I'm in for standard hopefully but I might also not be able to participate due to exam studying.

For the effort needed to S or A this map, the pp gained is very extremely totally super bad hahaha It's around 200 only xD

I know osu! is a big time waster but isnt 50 mins pushing it a bit? LOL

Anyways, GL to everyone that participates~

For the effort needed to S or A this map, the pp gained is very extremely totally super bad hahaha It's around 200 only xD

I know osu! is a big time waster but isnt 50 mins pushing it a bit? LOL

Anyways, GL to everyone that participates~

That's pretty crappy :(

Even with FC?

That's pretty crappy :(

Even with FC?

There are only 2 FC's, and god knows it's not worth to spend X times at least 10 minutes to FC this even if it was worth the same as any map.