Futa x girl = yuri ?

Hanako

I didn't expect you to actually make a thread for it.

Well I still believe it raises an interesting question though the answer is kind of obvious.

First we need to define what a futa is. The general term futanari (futa for short) is used for hermaphroditism in japanese.

Hermaphroditism in human beings can be displayed in a couple different ways but for the sake of this thread let's assume a hermaphrodite human being has 2 fully functional genitalia (one female and one male). 

This rules out some types of futas like the ones where the male genital grows from inside the female genital. 

Let's also assume the main physical characteristics are predominantly female.

This means that the hermaphrodite in question looks like a girl in every way physically appart from their genitals.

Then we need to define yuri. For the sake of simplicity yuri as a word can both mean content (of a manga, vn, etc.) as well as a whole genre that primarly focuses on relationships between 2 females.

Now going by the definition of yuri, futa x girl can not be considered yuri as it is not 2 females but 1 female and 1 hermaphrodite. 

But there's yuri as content. Generally speaking yuri as content is also meant to describe something that involves an intimate relationship between 2 females, but there's several different types of content.

If we go by more superficial content, something ligher like shoujo ai that doesn't involve a sexual relationship then again by definition it's not yuri since, again, it's not 2 females physically.

But what If we mean sexually, can futa x girl be considered yuri? Assuming the girl and the futa in question only use the female counterpart of the futa's genitals for said act? I don't see anything to deny this. It would be just like a regular female on female sexual act (assuming you ignore the male member). That by definition would be a yuri act wether you like it or not.

So generally speaking. A futa and a girl by definition can not be considered yuri. But if you go into specifics there can be yuri elements.

I could have just wrote a short sentence, but long paragraphs are fun.

I didn't expect you to actually make a thread for it.

Well I still believe it raises an interesting question though the answer is kind of obvious.

First we need to define what a futa is. The general term futanari (futa for short) is used for hermaphroditism in japanese.

Hermaphroditism in human beings can be displayed in a couple different ways but for the sake of this thread let's assume a hermaphrodite human being has 2 fully functional genitalia (one female and one male). 

This rules out some types of futas like the ones where the male genital grows from inside the female genital. 

Let's also assume the main physical characteristics are predominantly female.

This means that the hermaphrodite in question looks like a girl in every way physically appart from their genitals.

Then we need to define yuri. For the sake of simplicity yuri as a word can both mean content (of a manga, vn, etc.) as well as a whole genre that primarly focuses on relationships between 2 females.

Now going by the definition of yuri, futa x girl can not be considered yuri as it is not 2 females but 1 female and 1 hermaphrodite. 

But there's yuri as content. Generally speaking yuri as content is also meant to describe something that involves an intimate relationship between 2 females, but there's several different types of content.

If we go by more superficial content, something ligher like shoujo ai that doesn't involve a sexual relationship then again by definition it's not yuri since, again, it's not 2 females physically.

But what If we mean sexually, can futa x girl be considered yuri? Assuming the girl and the futa in question only use the female counterpart of the futa's genitals for said act? I don't see anything to deny this. It would be just like a regular female on female sexual act (assuming you ignore the male member). That by definition would be a yuri act wether you like it or not.

So generally speaking. A futa and a girl by definition can not be considered yuri. But if you go into specifics there can be yuri elements.

I could have just wrote a short sentence, but long paragraphs are fun.

0131-the-mad-scientist.png

• 1 month later...

Personally, in my mind, I consider it yuri content because it still gives off the sense/feeling of two girls together (at least just from outer looks alone).  Just like Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate, a guy crossdressing as a girl... but he looks completely like a girl in disguise, so in my mind it's almost yuri-ish...  it just plays tricks on my mind  :wacko:.  I can still enjoy it as yuri content, but at the same time, part of me knows it's really not.

Technically, I don't think it would be categorized as Yuri, because in reality it's not two 'girls' (actual female parts included!).