Tell us about the game no one played!

Thought I'd start up a thread like this, just for curiosity sake.

Tell us about the rare gem that no1 knows. except you.

I'm going to use a visual novel as an example, but you don't have to. You can use any game.

One of my favourite visual novels is one called Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no Japanese only :(/>

http://visualnovelaer.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/an-introduction-to-some-visual-novel-classics-by-clephas/

Particularly the daughter chara in this game called Miyabi. it is the only daughter chara ive played that isn't just plain wrong.

The age gap between the male protag and the heroine is about... 11 years?

G7HZq.jpg

she's just awesome! Same with Tsukasa (the male protag). their relationship is like father and child. (except they have sex lol). end of intro

(edit: clephas wrote a paragraph on this game here)

Well, back in its day, it was a very popular game (regular game not VN) but nowadays it seems that alot of people I talk to haven't even heard of it. It's called Star Control 2, and it was simply an amazing space adventure, with a battle system set up within also. Star Control 1 was a simple, space battle simulator with the thinnest of plots to go along with it, but was well received, so in Star Control 2, they really put their all into it, and made an amazing game. Star Control 2 is about the enslaved human race leading a fight against a host of ridiculously powerful enemies, for the freedom and salvation of not only the human race, but all races in the galaxy. #end-fanboy-hype

images.jpg

Well, I don't know if the game is popular here, but it's not-so-popular in other communities (as far as I know).

The title is [Riviera: The Promised Land], it's a wonderswan game, remade into GBA, and then re-remade into PSP version.

It's an RPG that focus on item management. You can only have 15 (if im not wrong) items in your inventory, and only 4 items into battle. It's impossible to attack without any item, and each item has its own number of uses before it breaks. Seriously, I had a hard time managing my inventory.

But what's interesting about it is, like VN, you have choices, and although it rarely affects the in-game story, it affects the 'love points' of your teamates, and will result in different ending. It's harem, by the way.

Great game, definitely one of the best I've played in my life.

Well, I don't know if the game is popular here, but it's not-so-popular in other communities (as far as I know).

The title is [Riviera: The Promised Land], it's a wonderswan game, remade into GBA, and then re-remade into PSP version.

It's an RPG that focus on item management. You can only have 15 (if im not wrong) items in your inventory, and only 4 items into battle. It's impossible to attack without any item, and each item has its own number of uses before it breaks. Seriously, I had a hard time managing my inventory.

But what's interesting about it is, like VN, you have choices, and although it rarely affects the in-game story, it affects the 'love points' of your teamates, and will result in different ending. It's harem, by the way.

Great game, definitely one of the best I've played in my life.

I've played that game when I was in uni :D! It was one of the prettier games on the GBA, if I recall correctly. I remember going with the red haired girl B).

• 3 weeks later...

Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn. It was one of Working Designs' localizations, and I've yet to find a more addictively fun strategy game.

As for VNs... definitely Yurikago yori Tenshi Made. A relatively recent release (only about a year old) but I've yet to find anyone else in the english-speaking community that has played it.

• 2 weeks later...

Browsed through my old computer and found another one. It's [Ahriman's Prophecy] by Amarath Games. Well, it's your usual RPG except that although it can have up to 4 party member at a time, the gameplay is like Zenonia where you spam the attack button or use spells. The interesting thing about it is that after a party member execute an attack or cast a spell, he/she switched to the next party member.

About the party member:

Each has unique traits, not only skills but also joining requirement. There's one thief you can invite, but if you replace him with other members in the party, he stole ALL your money

:P

Well, another game that I have played that was an amazing game, and although not a VN, it is a graphic adventure game, mostly, the Quest for Glory series, I-IV, dont know about V as I never played that one, at the time the games were coming out my comp wasn't good enough to run with it's graphics, but anyways, I-IV were just amazing adventure games, at least thats what nostalgia tells me. You should check them out, they are pretty good.

As far as visual novels are concerned, Symphonic Rain seems to be somewhat underrated in terms of popularity. It rarely gets recommended despite being top-tier utsuge (in my opinion, but then the votes on egs and vndb are also in agreement). Heck, it isn't even on fuwanovel.

In terms of other games, the X series by Egosoft is my favourite sandbox game, ive probably sunk over a thousand hours into it already. Paradox Interactive's grand strategy games (Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, Hearts of Iron) is also quite obscure but is addictive once you get the hang of it.