Visual Novel/Anime OP Translations

astro

So it's true translators only translate 'important' work

To be fair half if not more than half of all visual novels have adult aspects to them so it's kind

of a pointless sentiment.

Astro is translating an 18+ visual novel that is story focused. Nukige has mostly sexual content and very little story in case you are unaware. I also do not like nukige, but will play 18+ visual novels.

Missing an important note ?

If you want me to translate or transliterate anything for you, post it here and I'll consider doing it if it's kawaii enough.

Just because there is some story doesn't mean he isn't translating a piece of fap-fiction

Your initial comment was in response to my reluctance to TL nukige, so whether or not a game is 18+ is kind of irrelevant. Might want to pull up a dictionary if you're not familiar with Japanese or visual novel terms. Maybe this would be a good reference source for you: http://tay.kotaku.com/the-beginners-guide-to-visual-novels-1541975662

That being said, what I choose to (and not to) translate, and when I actually get about doing it, is up to my discretion. So stop whining.

>Linking Kotaku after GamerGate

What does this have to do with anything. It's not like people magically realised Kotaku was stupid once gamergate started. Oh and if you read the site you'd realize it was a user-based blog so it effectively has nothing to do with Kotaku besides being posted from some guy with an account there. Doesn't in any way invalidate the terms and definitions said there. 

Astro, what is your opinion on the translation for Dekinai watashi ga,kurikaesu from the previous page?

I'm curious if they did a good job or not towards translating the philosophical lyrics.  :ph34r:

The translation is very... literal? And also not very analytical. It's not terrible, but it could be a lot better.

過去の想い 記憶の彼方

幼き日 残した悔い

胸の奥 刻む心音

心だけ置き忘れたまま

kako no omoi kioku no kanata

osanaki hi nokoshita kui

mune no oku kizamu shin on

kokoro dake oki wasureta mama

Thoughts of the past,distant memories  kioku no kanata = lit. edge of your memory = "always on the back of your mind"

The regrets that I had on the days of my youth, nothing wrong with this i guess

Are engraved in the depths of my chest with the sound of my heart beat 刻む心音 ~ 時を刻む音 >> likening the beating of your heart to the ticking of a clock metaphorically. could be suggesting that singer's feelings are timeless (not bounded by the concept of time). If we TLed it more liberally, it could mean "the feelings engraved deep inside your heart". I could be wrong about this though.

As,i only forgot my heart kokoro >> heart is a metaphor for 'feelings' >> lit. left only my heart [feelings] behind = living on without minding about your own feelings/suppressing your feelings (signs of heartbreak maybe?)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

pls translate this OP Aries "Ore no Kanojo no Uraomote"-Knowing

I actually have that song somewhere in my computer. It's a pretty good song. Tell me if you need me to hardsub it into the video, but I hope this is good enough.

『幸せです』と言葉で
Do you remember how many times
何回言った 記憶あるだろう?
I've said the words, "I'm happy"?

言葉にするともどかしい 
If I try to put it into words, I can only come up with frustrating things
事ばっかりでずっと避けてた
So I've always avoided it

『ただいま』って あなたに言う瞬間
The moment I tell you "I'm home"
私は私へと 戻れる気がして
I feel like I can be me again

「 強くなる必要なんてない
You don't need to become strong
ありのままで輝いてる
Shine bright just the way you are
生まれた時から
Starting from the moment you're born
ずっと まっすぐ
You must always look ahead
変わりたいって願った時
Just simply wishing that you could change
もうすでに変わってるんだよ
Shows that something inside you has already changed 」

教えてくれてありがとう
Thank you for teaching me that
信じたい
I want to believe

Too bad I lost my translation I have done about Oniichan Sharing.... I translated and made the subtitles for many many hours, but seems like all is lost :(

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to redo since you've already done it once - unless you did some crazy typesetting or something. Lol

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to redo since you've already done it once - unless you did some crazy typesetting or something. Lol

Translation took like few hours because got stuck in few silly sentences, trying to find right words. I did do like 10h+ typesetting and that makes me quite sad that i lost the file...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/27/2016 at 4:17 PM, astro said:

I don't see any problems

thank u :)

On 8/27/2016 at 5:06 PM, wyldstrykr said:

i only see the indo sub. and cant read indo, can you post the eng sub? ty

still working on it, i using indo because it more familiar to me than english :D

• 1 month later...

My version for Gensou no Idea by 3rd Eye

I saw that this section is a bit dead so I'm trying to revive it, I like translating opening and make karaokes so I think it's perfect. However, I am not a native English speaker so if you find a fail let me know