Visual Novel/Anime OP Translations

astro

I translate/transliterate OPs of visual novels and anime - but mostly visual novels.

If you want me to translate or transliterate anything for you, post it here and I'll consider doing it if it's kawaii enough.

NOTE on the 'purpose' of this thread:

Spoiler
I guess it's about time I explain the point of this thread.
The purpose of OPs is essentially to pull people in and catch their attention, and many have certainly caught my attention.
In most cases, the animation matches with the lyrics very well, and I feel like this gives the OPs even more meaning. It's too bad not everyone is able to understand the lyrics, though.
Similar to translating games, translating OPs allows me to share what I love. To promote games, and possibly inspire someone to want to fanTL it.

The lyrics really say a lot about the games, after all.
For example, Golden Marriage is evidently a pure love story, like the ones you see in fairy tales.
Imouto route banzai (she's the one with silver hair).

As for KoiKano, I feel like the theme of the game is really about finding yourself, overcoming your fears, and reaching towards your dreams - no matter how far-off they seem to be.
I really like duca's songs. She has a nice voice. This OP was fun to sub, and I really like Kantoku's art so hopefully someone picks up a TL project for this game.

This list might get pretty big, so I suggest you use Ctrl+F to find what you are looking for. Everything is listed by publisher name + game name.

Clicking on a link opens the player in a separate tab or window.

Featured

[Purple Software] Amatsutsumi

[Front Wing] Corona Blossom Vol. 1

[Cube] Koi suru Kanojo no Bukiyou na Butai

[Giga] Shirogane x SPIRITS

[Akabei Soft3] Akatsuki no Goei Trinity

[Ensemble] Golden Marriage

[ALcot] Clover Day's

[3rdEyeGensou no Idea ~Oratorio Phantasm Historia~ 

[Front Wing] Grisaia no Meikyuu

[Purple Software] Mirai Nostalgia

Visual Novels

[Giga] Shirogane x SPIRITS

[ALcot] Clover Day's

[Cube] Koi suru Kanojo no Bukiyou na Butai

[Ensemble] Golden Marriage

[3rdEyeGensou no Idea ~Oratorio Phantasm Historia~ 

[Tigre Soft] Reminiscence

[Tigre Soft] Reminiscence Re:Collect

[Front Wing] Grisaia no Meikyuu

[Front Wing] Grisaia no Kajitsu

[Purple Software] Mirai Nostalgia

[ALcot Honey Comb] 1/2 Summer

[Hook Soft] Lovely Quest

Anime

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru

Requests

[Favorite] AstralAir no Shiroki Towa

[sugar Pot] Koisuru Doll to Omoi no Kiseki ~Poupee de Souhaits~

[sprite] Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

• 2 weeks later...

Uhm hey astro, what kind of codec did you use? All of my installed players failed to play the video properly ( sound go ahead, crash, sound only, blah blah... ) and format factory even failed to convert it   :huh:

It should be playable on VLC or WMP.

I will translate Koisuru today, and maybe Da Capo III tomorrow. Don't expect the lyrics for either of them to make much sense, though (way to pick two songs that are a pain in the butt to decipher into coherent English).

Poetic? Don't songs normally try to have line endings that rhyme? Or do you mean poetic in another way? Anyways, the translation makes sense to me based on the story. I appreciate you taking your time for doing something you don't have to. Also, I am looking forward to your translation of Clover Day's

Poetic? Don't songs normally try to have line endings that rhyme? Or do you mean poetic in another way? Anyways, the translation makes sense to me based on the story. I appreciate you taking your time for doing something you don't have to. Also, I am looking forward to your translation of Clover Day's

They use metaphors and references that make no sense outside the story. I had no idea what was going on (and I'm probably not the only one), since I've never even heard of the game.