Clover Days Translation Project

astro

• 2 weeks later...

And for the news you've all been waiting for. I've finished translating Anzu's route which means the game is now 100% translated. Ruu \o/

https://cloverdays.wordpress.com/2017/07/31/anzus-route-and-whole-game-translation-100-complete/

Quote from the above post to save me time repeating myself:

So now we play the first rule of fight club. We don’t mention Clover Day’s. We don’t ask when the patch will be finished – I don’t know. We don’t ask if we’ll be releasing an unedited preview patch – we almost certainly won’t. We don’t ask if we’re going to be doing Clover Day’s plus – we may be; it’s only more H scenes. All those decisions are up to Astro.

10 minutes ago, skrewball717 said:

Congrats! Great job sticking with it and finishing it off after the other TLers turned it down. Haven't heard from Astro in a while though. Is he around? Either way congrats and the milestone and look forward to the next progress update on the editing front.

Thanks :) I'm regularly in contact with Astro on IRC and I know he's working on professional translation work which is what's been keeping him busy. However with the hordes of drooling fans that have been waiting on Clover Day's, perhaps he might have to force himself to take some time out to give it some attention. This VN is too good to release with my embarrassing first pass translation only so definitely don't expect a full 1st pass translation preview patch the way I did with To Heart 2 (I think that ended up being a mistake since many used it despite its poor quality.)

4 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Thanks :) I'm regularly in contact with Astro on IRC and I know he's working on professional translation work which is what's been keeping him busy. However with the hordes of drooling fans that have been waiting on Clover Day's, perhaps he might have to force himself to take some time out to give it some attention. This VN is too good to release with my embarrassing first pass translation only so definitely don't expect a full 1st pass translation preview patch the way I did with To Heart 2 (I think that ended up being a mistake since many used it despite its poor quality.)

What about selecting a few people to beta test the patch and give you their feedback on any errors they find if Astro finds himself unable to pull away from the official stuff? Instead of releasing a preview patch, this might be of help as well without the feeling that your work was seen unfinished by the masses. You are indeed correct that there are hordes waiting! Either way, great job!

First of all, congratulations for 100% translated first in regard of Clover Days. I see that apparently it'll be going longer if we talk about editing here, so maybe perhaps you could consider in regard of recruiting the editor by yourself then (Of course by consulting Astro as well). Although if Astro himself was had another idea in regard of this (ie no recruiting the editor) and therefore disagree with my idea, then it's okay then and hope that it'll be see the release someday in the future. Good luck nonetheless to whatver lies ahead in regard of this projct.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Nah, you're being far too optimistic. Your prediction implies progress is happening when in fact nothing is.

I have no problem with waiting and I am really looking forward to read Clover Days but I have a question: 

The current problem is that astro is really busy and you need someone to help out with TLC or editing.
In other words the probability that the patch will come out this year is really low, or not? 

3 minutes ago, -soraa said:

I have no problem with waiting and I am really looking forward to read Clover Days but I have a question: 

The current problem is that astro is really busy and you need someone to help out with TLC or editing.
In other words the probability that the patch will come out this year is really low, or not? 

Looking at what astro's up to, I'd say really low.