Clover Days Translation Project

astro

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

@ittaku I think I'm not regretting it, and in fact I'm thankful that you translated 2 routes for Clover's Days. Thanks for the answer by the way, and good luck for last remaining half of Izumi's route translation.

Well, if Astro is allowing him to translate then he must be doing a decent job.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m pleased to announce that I’ve finished translating Izumi’s route.

This was an even more enjoyable route to translate than the last one, as Izumi ended up being my favourite route in the game. This is also the reason my progress was faster than last time.

Izumi is a complex tsundere that is very passionate and sensitive. There were more tears in this route than you could poke a stick at, yet I found it hard not to weep myself when they were tears of joy. It was also pleasant translating different bodily fluids for a change.

Alas Astro still seems to be snowed under so I can’t give you an estimate of when he may do a translate check on my routes and if he’ll create another patch or not. I’ll be travelling shortly so I don’t anticipate I’ll be translating anything for the next month or more. As there are translators for the other routes I don’t anticipate having more input into this project (though one can never be sure). It’s been great fun and I hope people will get to play it in English some time in the not-too-distant future.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Me again. By now you probably know what it means when you see me post on this thread. That's right, I'm adopting the translation of yet another route. This time it's the H*k*ru twins. Which is both good and bad because it means we'll keep making progress towards but it also means more of my translation quality. The translator allocated to this disappeared a long time ago after finishing just two scenes which, from what I can see, needed a lot of fixing anyway. Since I'm one who always comes through with what I've promised, it means that at least this other route will also be finished in the foreseeable future. I guarantee the quality of my work will justify the peanuts I'm being paid to do it. Ruu \o/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm pleased to announce that I have now completed translating the Hekiru/Hikaru twins' route. Once again this was a most enjoyable route to read and translate, and to the person who complained my progress was quite slow... you clearly have no idea how long it takes to translate a whole route and throwaway comments like yours are how the community ends up losing what few translators it has that do this gratis out of passion for the art form.

1 hour ago, ittaku said:

I'm pleased to announce that I have now completed translating the Hekiru/Hikaru twins' route. Once again this was a most enjoyable route to read and translate, and to the person who complained my progress was quite slow... you clearly have no idea how long it takes to translate a whole route and throwaway comments like yours are how the community ends up losing what few translators it has that do this gratis out of passion for the art form.

Nice!

Can't wait for the finished project! :sacchan:

1 hour ago, ittaku said:

Good job ^^.

Looking forward for the release.:mare:

On 11/8/2016 at 5:57 AM, ittaku said:

As for my comment earlier there I'm terribly sorry about that. That was idiotic of me earlier there. And for that, I'll just edited my blogpost later on here.

PS - By the way, congratulations on finally had the twin's route fully translated there. I'm still grateful okay, even if you may hate me so much.

Edited by littleshogun

Does anyone like plus over the original?

I personally don't really like plus cause when they emote they had to remove a lot of expression sprites making some lines look weird when they use the wrong expression. Or maybe it's just me

On 13/11/2016 at 6:54 PM, iamnoob said:

Does anyone like plus over the original?

I personally don't really like plus cause when they emote they had to remove a lot of expression sprites making some lines look weird when they use the wrong expression. Or maybe it's just me

We were lucky in the original that every single line of dialogue was associated with 2 expressions, so they clearly put a lot of effort into it. I did not find the emote version in plus to be any more expressive as a result, though I did prefer the H scenes with the motion... occasionally the motion was more than a little unnatural, but then there's very little natural about most H scenes in VNs.

2 hours ago, ittaku said:

We were lucky in the original that every single line of dialogue was associated with 2 expressions, so they clearly put a lot of effort into it. I did not find the emote version in plus to be any more expressive as a result, though I did prefer the H scenes with the motion... occasionally the motion was more than a little unnatural, but then there's very little natural about most H scenes in VNs.

Well I haven't seen the  scenes yet but I usually ignore them anyway...

But judging by looking at the normal conversations looks like you also spotted what I did which is that they removed a lot of sprite expressions from PLUS. I actually found it less fun to play the PLU version than the original. Though maybe the H scenes may look better with plus ( haven't seen them yet )