Clover Days Translation Project

astro

According to an update on their blog, Astro has found another translator for the Izumi route, so I guess you now have two additional translators? This is great news, I'm really looking forward to the progress to come. :)

• 1 month later...

Well I was waiting for Astro to update this thread but I may as well post myself since he hasn't in a while, though he did update the website.

I've joined this project as a translator and so far have "signed up" to do Tsubame's route.

I'm already about 40% of the way through it and I gotta say, she's blowing my mind. It'll probably only take me 3 months to get through her entire route since it's so enjoyable.

Well I was waiting for Astro to update this thread but I may as well post myself since he hasn't in a while, though he did update the website.

I've joined this project as a translator and so far have "signed up" to do Tsubame's route.

I'm already about 40% of the way through it and I gotta say, she's blowing my mind. It'll probably only take me 3 months to get through her entire route since it's so enjoyable.

Nice to hear and good luck both of you with the project. :sachi:

Now that you're free of ToHeart2 you're able to play actual good moege. :P

That's harsh :( ToHeart2 is a classic and the project is still very much active... But I know it's only (part) tongue in cheek.

The quality change over a decade between TH2 and this game is very evident, but the writing in ToHeart2 is better. They're not entirely the same genre though with a little more emotional scope in TH2.

The H scenes with Tsubame so far are hard going (heh). If I survive this route without looking like I've been sucked dry by a vampire and still have energy I may move onto another route. However since my translation skills are far below those of the other translators, the translate check process will be more work for Astro.

• 5 months later...

I've finally finished translating Tsubame's route and uploaded my changes so it's 100% complete (except for text on graphics). As stated previously, I'm not that strong a translator so the translate check/editor will have their work cut out for them but I feel it's reasonably solid. There's a fair amount of Kansai dialect from both Tsubame who tries to disguise her accent and much more so from her brother who does not, but fortunately I've done work with Kansai before (twins in To heart 2) so it didn't present the most difficulty.

This was a mostly fun route to translate. Her story was very easy to get involved in and she's absolutely adorable. The drama is very light and easily resolved but serves as a nice counterpoint to make her story more fulfilling. The H scenes start out very hot right from the start and then... become quite absurd by the end. I think I lost millions of brain cells on that last one. One part I did not enjoy was translating H sound effects which drove me mad in this and ended up being the main thing delaying progress. I can only face so many sucking and slurping sounds before questioning why I was wasting my time translating what looks crap by the time it's in English and this VN has more than I've ever seen. Fortunately most people gloss over the sound effects when faced with an H scene so you wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't pointed it out. Anyway I'm going to take a rest from translating having finished this route since I'd rather actually play the rest of the game through than translate it now.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2016 at 11:57 PM, ittaku said:

Anyway I'm going to take a rest from translating having finished this route since I'd rather actually play the rest of the game through than translate it now.

Well I'm back from that and have to give away a little secret. While I was translating Tsubame's route I fell for Izumi so decided I would play her route last (since I always save my favourite for last). After playing all the routes, they were all great but Izumi's was as awesome as I was hoping. So for my next magic trick, I'll be translating Izumi's route too.

EDIT: This means I'll be replacing the other translator who volunteered for Izumi's route but has disappeared without doing any of it.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Kirashi said:

Wow, that's good work, but are you currently translating this alone?

The homepage for the project is linked in the top post; you can check out who the other staff are and the progress there:

https://cloverdays.wordpress.com/

Though having said that I've been the only one active recently after Anri's route was completed. Astro, the team leader, is busy with work and school for the time being according to the IRC channel. I just happen to be at a stage in life where I have intentionally given myself lots of spare time to do this since I enjoy doing it.

2 hours ago, ittaku said:

I just happen to be at a stage in life where I have intentionally given myself lots of spare time to do this since I enjoy doing it.

you´re the hero the fanlation-scene doesnt deserve. undoubtably so. yep.

Good progress. Sorry for slightly uncomfortable question here, but will you translating twins and the 51% of Anzu's route after finishing Izumi? If not that's okay then, although I'm still thankful that you decided to translate 2 routes though.

27 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Good progress. Sorry for slightly uncomfortable question here, but will you translating twins and the 51% of Anzu's route after finishing Izumi? If not that's okay then, alhough I'm still thankful that you decided to translate 2 routes though.

Both of those routes have translators allocated, one of which is Astro himself (for Anzu's route) so hopefully that won't be necessary. While I've found myself alone on other projects before and had to finish most of the work myself, I don't believe that will happen here. Plus I'm doing Izumi's route now because it's my favourite so I might find it hard to get the motivation to go backwards. Having said that, I plan to continue translating something after this so who knows. Then again, you may all regret me translating anyway since I don't think of myself as a great translator.

4 hours ago, ittaku said:

Then again, you may all regret me translating anyway since I don't think of myself as a great translator.

Well, maybe you're not great, but after seeing your ToHeart2 TL I can easily say that it was pretty simple(easy to understand/read) and enjoyable. You made some errors and typos ofc, but nothing too dramatic.

If I had to say you're perfect for moeges, or maybe moeges are perfect for you? Good luck, hope you'll have fun.