Muv-Luv crashes during ending theme

Crimson

I just finished Meiya's route in Muv-Luv Extra a few minutes ago, but when the ending theme started playing, the game suddenly crashed. I tried reloading the scene a few times, but it always crashes at the very same point, 3-5 seconds after the Ending theme starts playing. I get the same error message when I try to skip the ending.

The error I get is always this:

dc62lspv.png

The text in the window is in German and it says:

rUGP does not work anymore

The program is not being executed correctly due to a problem. The program is being closed and you will be notified if a solution becomes available.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this? Since I cannot finish Meiya's route like this, I won't be able to unlock Unlimited if things stay like this :/

I had a look at the link and it seems my probably is exactly the same as yours. My PC is running on Windows 8 too, so I guess that is the issue here... So you're saying, if I rinse and repeat this enough times then at some point the game won't crash during the ending theme?

Well I'm going to go through the game once more with a virtual Machine which has XP set on it.

I tried changing compatibility but it didn't change anything.

I tried launching from the CD (which doesn't load the english translation) and it's the same.

• 1 month later...

I actually managed to get Unlimited to work!!!!!!!!!!! B)

For those of you struggling with the rUGP not working error at the end of Muv Luv Extra, here is what I did:

- Click on Muv Luv Icon on your desktop

- Click on settings

- Uncheck settings for BGM, Sound Effects, Voices, Graphic Effects

I also moved all of my Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited files to one single folder on the desktop of my computer before doing this. I'm not sure if moving this stuff around actually played a role in getting Unlimited to work, so I advise you to just follow the three steps above first.

Good luck to you guys!!! Only a few minutes in and Unlimited has a cool atmophere and more voice acting compared to Extra.

• 6 years later...

I know it's a bit late, but I solved the same problem on windows 10 (crash during Sumiko's ending)
I've checked all possible subreddits and forums, but nothing worked (windows' capability, in-game settings, reinstallation from other sources etc)
So the last thing to try was the Virtual machine. I've run the same game installation on windows 7 and everything was alright
I know setting up  the VM takes a lot of time, but once you do it you won't have any more problems with any of the old VNs

2 hours ago, ahmadbatya said:

I know it's a bit late, but I solved the same problem on windows 10 (crash during Sumiko's ending)
I've checked all possible subreddits and forums, but nothing worked (windows' capability, in-game settings, reinstallation from other sources etc)
So the last thing to try was the Virtual machine. I've run the same game installation on windows 7 and everything was alright
I know setting up  the VM takes a lot of time, but once you do it you won't have any more problems with any of the old VNs

It's indeed very late. The new (official) release doesn't have this problem.