Visual Novel Reader problems

John117

I wanted to play 空飛ぶ羊と真夏の花 -When girls wish upon a star using ITH and TA but they won't hook and no h code is available anywhere.

So as recommended by a user here I used Visual Novel Reader(VNR) and it will hook.As I am very new to VNR there are some things I can't figure even when consulting a guide(http://sakimichi.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/vnreader-advance-features/).

Here are my questions

1. How to parse words in VNR. I have installed Edict on VNR and enabled on the preferences to parse but the window wont come out. All I see is the english translation. When I mean with parse pls refer to the picture below where you can another sentence other than from the game system with kanji and romaji on top of it. I want something like that but in addition I want when I mouse over the word there wouls be an individual translation like in Translator Aggregator.

game-window2.jpg

2.How can I replace certain words with another on. For example in Translator Agregator there is a textfile where I can just edit and put the japanese name and its equivalent English name.While in VNR I use Atlas so Atlas did not recognized the character's Name as a name but as a word making the translation weird.

Okey

First question. If you mean to use the phrase book, please see the second headline in this post. You click or hoover with the mouse over the word depending on the settings. Or you can set the furigana to English effectively making VNR use Edict (or whatever phrase-dictionary you use) lookup on every word.

Second question. I also miss/haven't found that game-specific substation thing in VNR yet, I'll search for it some more.

I'd just turn off all the translation things, turn on auto-copy to clipboard, and run translaton aggregator if that's what you're more used to. The parser in VNR is notoriously bad to be honest. Auto copy to clipboard is on the option settings on the small bar to the left when it's running with a game, and turning off translation is in settings of VNR. 

• 1 year later...

i got problem with the installation..

i've disabled the anti virus , before extracting the rar i've unblock the security from the properties file too.
 soo it was like
  first.. when i went to extract, diagnostic message appears just like http://puu.sh/iHSn9/f75d2ef68a.png. it has tons of errrors and said operation failed at the bottom.

when i click "close", and go to the folder, it became like http://puu.sh/iHSI8/49ab48abe8.png
as you see the icon is weird, it has 0 bytes size even when i've set the compatibility into xp sp3 and set the previlege into admin. and i'll get the invalid win32 application error if i click it.
.. i wonder why i'm the only one who get error like this > <

Does anyone know where I can report bugs for VNR? Because the text reader is broken since the latest update.

main.py:MainObject:showTextReader: load text spy
kagami.qml: createMirage: status: 3
kagami.qml: ERROR: failed to create mirage component: file:///C:/Users/(user)/Desktop/Visual Novel Reader/Library/Frameworks/Sakura/qml/apps/reader/textreader/mirage.qml:995 Syntax error

kagami.qml: createMirage: leave
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Library/Frameworks/Sakura/py/apps/reader\main.py", line 1969, in showTextReader
  d.mirage.show()
  File "Library/Frameworks/Sakura/py/apps/reader\../../../py/apps/reader/qml\kagami.py", line 661, in show
  def show(self): MirageBean.instance.show.emit()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'show'

http://prntscr.com/7ooetg

Its only reading Names of characters. not whole text. Anyone know how to fix it?

I think that has something to do with the text you are grabbing, go to preferences> embedded> preferred text to embed in the game: and change those options

Does anyone know where I can report bugs for VNR? Because the text reader is broken since the latest update.

main.py:MainObject:showTextReader: load text spy
kagami.qml: createMirage: status: 3
kagami.qml: ERROR: failed to create mirage component: file:///C:/Users/(user)/Desktop/Visual Novel Reader/Library/Frameworks/Sakura/qml/apps/reader/textreader/mirage.qml:995 Syntax error

kagami.qml: createMirage: leave
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Library/Frameworks/Sakura/py/apps/reader\main.py", line 1969, in showTextReader
  d.mirage.show()
  File "Library/Frameworks/Sakura/py/apps/reader\../../../py/apps/reader/qml\kagami.py", line 661, in show
  def show(self): MirageBean.instance.show.emit()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'show'

here I think http://sakuradite.com/topic