Introduction

Kygrykhon

Hello.

The name's Kygrykhon. Gregg Kygrykhon.

I got a one month break and decided to look for some VNs, which I haven't even touched for a year (haven't touched my laptop for six months now, glad I endured). Searching for Key's work Planetarian, google brought me here. My first thought was "oh my gosh this is the site I've been looking for," and without a second thought I registered.

I started reading VNs last year and practically fell in love at first sight. And after finishing only Clannad, Kanon and two routes of both Fate/Stay Night and Katawa Shoujo, schoolwork left my hands full of project works and whatnots, leaving no time to play at all. So I consider myself a beginner and I would appreciate any assistance in enjoying VNs (did I sound to formal?)

I tried making VN using Ren'Py, and failed terribly. My drawings, to put it simply, suck, compared to a primary school average student's. Thus I borrowed various pictures from various source, like BGMs from Clannad and the girls from Katawa Shoujo, and I changed the story to suit what resources I have. The result? A ridiculously confusing story with lame jokes everywhere and a failure of actions scene. It's not even finished yet, but when I got my hand on good pictures for it I think I'll continue.

I will gladly help this site in any way I can. 100% support for Visual Novels.

Welcome! I'm also new here but I've been following the blog a lot and also this community is awesome.

I just wanted to say that I can't wait for Kii.re to come to public beta, because I have so much use for it :)

Now I need to search hard for sprites from games I want just to make myself a simple wallpaper or whatever ;(

Well, I'm going to be original here.

Welcome to Fuwanovel....maybe not quite as original as I had planned...hmm...

Anyways, if it's fine for me to ask, which two routes did you finish in Katawa Shoujo? Did you only finish the two due to a distaste for the game?

I ask since Katawa Shoujo is probably my favorite of the small number of Visual Novels I have read, but I won't take it personally if you didn't like it, so don't think that way.

Welcome!!!!... i guess...

I'm stucked at the second route of Fate too, work doesn't give too much time to read or for anything, but I'll find a way to make some time.

You will find that there's some people around here that also works on their own projects, including myself!!! or so i would want to say, but in my case I have only ideas, nothing done... yet.

Anyway, feel free to share what you got, at least I'll be willing to check it out smile.gif

Anyways, if it's fine for me to ask, which two routes did you finish in Katawa Shoujo? Did you only finish the two due to a distaste for the game?

I ask since Katawa Shoujo is probably my favorite of the small number of Visual Novels I have read, but I won't take it personally if you didn't like it, so don't think that way.

I finished Lily's and the track & field girl route (forgot the name, sorry..). Well, my main reason for finishing only those two is that I am unable to enter another route and always ended up murdered by that Harry-Potter-faced madman. I suck, basically. Not to worry, I am planning to continue from now on.

You will find that there's some people around here that also works on their own projects, including myself!!! or so i would want to say, but in my case I have only ideas, nothing done... yet.

Anyway, feel free to share what you got, at least I'll be willing to check it out smile.gif

In my case it was an incomplete work. Seriously, I don't even have ideas about it and just thought "might as well make one myself," ended up in complete mess. It's a miracle even if I can continue bit by bit.

Well, until some decent improvement is done to my work, I am afraid the only one that could survive playing my work is me alone. Not to offend or anything, but it's very lame.

Hi & welcome! I see you're a Key fan.. have you seen the anime versions of Kanon and Clannad? :)/>

Keep working on your own vn! It's always great for new creativity & ideas to be brought to the community.

Oh yes, I am. I watched those anime before I learnt that they have VN version. That's about the first time I played a VN, Kanon being my first.

Oh yes, I am. I watched those anime before I learnt that they have VN version. That's about the first time I played a VN, Kanon being my first.

Awesome! So do you like the anime or game better? Or can't choose? :P I just got Kanon last month, haven't played it yet.. loved the anime though.

Also, have you seen Air? It's my favourite anime evereverever~

Awesome! So do you like the anime or game better? Or can't choose? :P/> I just got Kanon last month, haven't played it yet.. loved the anime though.

Also, have you seen Air? It's my favourite anime evereverever~

For Clannad I like the game better because there's much more into it. Kanon I reallt can't choose; both are beautiful to me.

Air? I haven't seen, but I'm interested. Do you like the anime or the VN better?

For Clannad I like the game better because there's much more into it. Kanon I reallt can't choose; both are beautiful to me.

Air? I haven't seen, but I'm interested. Do you like the anime or the VN better?

I can't wait to play the games for them :) Just don't have much time right now :(

I haven't actually played the game for Air.. kind of because I don't want to be disappointed! But I will play it eventually. The anime is absolutely beautiful. I find it's quite underrated; everyone's seen Clannad & Kanon, but not so many people have seen Air. And imo Air is the best of the bunch!

I can't wait to play the games for them :)/> Just don't have much time right now :(/>

I haven't actually played the game for Air.. kind of because I don't want to be disappointed!

Huh? Why would you be disappointed?

The anime is absolutely beautiful. I find it's quite underrated; everyone's seen Clannad & Kanon, but not so many people have seen Air. And imo Air is the best of the bunch!

Then I'll see the anime first. Thanks for the opinion.

And imo Air is the best of the bunch!

Air for me was really awesome, but too rushed or quick, to compress long Key VN to 12 episodes (or something like that, some ovas) probably wasn't a good idea, at least from my standpoint.

I loved it but I just can't wait for the translation project to finally finish as I want to know more about the whole universe where the story takes place, in the anime there was almost nothing on the past events, there was one ova that seemed very compressed and for me as someone who hasn't played the game it felt really confusing.

I tried making VN using Ren'Py, and failed terribly.

I've tried to write fiction in the recent past... and every time I try, I end up RAGEQUITTING after a short amount of time. So I've decided that the best ways that I can help fandom are 1) to offer comments and criticism, and 2) to purchase niche products which I consider interesting.

The Lemma Soft community wiki will help you find art / music / sound assets which the creators offer for free, with few restrictions. If you browse the English DLSite, you can find a few more which are relatively inexpensive.

I'm late to the party but welcome!

I only watched the Air anime as I can't read japanese and it's great but a little to rushed because of only 12 episodes, I want animes to atleast be 25 episodes or it's too short.

It's worth it to watch it anyways if you can't read the VN. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Kygrykhon! I have a lot to say, and I'll try and say it as quickly as possible:

#1) For being so new to the forums, you've filled it with great content and been very welcoming to other new members. Thanks for being awesome.

#2) VN creation is a hard and lonely and sad and expensive and thrilling path. Don't give up! Thanks for your awesome PMs about the plot contest : )

#3) Welcome!

Welcome Kygrykhon! I have a lot to say, and I'll try and say it as quickly as possible:

#1) For being so new to the forums, you've filled it with great content and been very welcoming to other new members. Thanks for being awesome.

#2) VN creation is a hard and lonely and sad and expensive and thrilling path. Don't give up! Thanks for your awesome PMs about the plot contest : )

#3) Welcome!

Thanks Prof. Tay..

#1) Well, I was warmly welcomed here, and instantly felt comfortable, so the least I can do is to let the new members feel the same way as I do.

#2) Yeah, I really felt the hard and lonely part.

#3) Thanks again, Prof...