Kancolle (Kantai Collection) Thread!

OriginalRen

Kancolle is really taking over the globe right now. I'm unsure what the situation is at the moment, but back when I tried to play it, the page says anyone outside of Japan is banned. A lock out like that really leaves me with a bad taste. I know you can work around it, but that's not the issue here.

Maybe they have an explanation for why they ban foreigners, but I never really looked into it. I have yet to share anything related to Kancolle on any of my social media pages. If they say I'm not welcome as a foreigner, okay, that's fine. I got the message.

On the other hand, the Love Live! smartphone game got translated into English. Their acknowledgement for us overseas fans is appreciated.

The characters do look interesting and cute, though :).

Maybe they have an explanation for why they ban foreigners, but I never really looked into it. I have yet to share anything related to Kancolle on any of my social media pages. If they say I'm not welcome as a foreigner, okay, that's fine. I got the message.

Current situation with Kancolle, to put it bluntly, is really complicated. Kadokawa never thought that game might bring such an interest; they weren't prepared for that, both technically and financially. The reason why they ban the oversea IP's is because the game is japanese and for japanese market only and it's servers are overloaded. I doubt this will change, as Kadokawa does not associate any bigger plans with Kancolle. The sole fact the game's legal situation is complicated as well, does not make it any better.

Kancolle is a perfect example of wasted potential. It's a fun little browser game, but with better management it could definately become a lot more than that.

Current situation with Kancolle, to put it bluntly, is really complicated. Kadokawa never thought that game might bring such an interest; they weren't prepared for that, both technically and financially. The reason why they ban the oversea IP's is because the game is japanese and for japanese market only and it's servers are overloaded. I doubt this will change, as Kadokawa does not associate any bigger plans with Kancolle. The sole fact the game's legal situation is complicated as well, does not make it any better.

Kancolle is a perfect example of wasted potential. It's a fun little browser game, but with better management it could definately become a lot more than that.

They could actually make this an stable franchise if they transition it into a handheld game. At least, I hope they make a real SRPG out of the Vita game they are planning and not an straight port. Something like Super robot wars with all th extra aspects included in Kancolle would be quite nice.

Is there any reason to keep chitose/chiyoda as AV after getting their subs to use on my CLTs? Their light carrier versions seem better, just want to make sure I'm not missing some other use for the AV class...

Well, from my experience, i remodeled chitose at 50 and so far have not found CVL to be of much use, just for maps or expeditions that require CVL like 5-2 (though cheaper than CV, for me CV>CVL). On the other hand AV worked nice to help level my new ships with preemptive torpedo + zuiun making a smooth leveling with little to no damage (just fatigue).

CVLs are very good for resource optimization. You get a arrier that can bring 55-60 planes with halve the consumption of ammo and fuel than a normal CV. That plane count is enough in most cases if you have Reppus to get air superiority and let the rest of the fleet take care of the damage in the shelling phase with much less posibilities of being critted by Wo and Nu carriers planes.

Chiyoda and Chitose and closely Ryuujou (all on Kai Ni) are the best CVLs.

That's cool. Thanks for the explanation! Well, despite all that, the franchise is already going crazy strong. I see magazines of it everywhere in Kinokuniya.

All I would like is to hear the creators give acknowledgement to their fans overseas, explain the situation, and then we're all cool.

To be honest, I had the same troubles with Narcissu. The game got greenlit on Steam. I read some diary entry on Stage Nana saying something like, "Oh yeah I heard Narcissu is on some platform called Steam or something". Obviously, how we translate that is subjective, but that was the tone I got. This is a forum where I feel comfortable being truthful. A lot of creators, including me, are struggling to get on Steam. For someone to talk like "it's some thing" really blows. His next post was far more gracious so we're good :).

Dojin circles - as usual - will be the only ones who will profit from Kancolle, given their stuff is good enough and becomes popular. The lax attitude japanese hold regarding derivative works helps maintain a really healthy market teeming with life.

Narcissu getting on Steam was just a minor thing, since it already got a lot of praise and attention long before people even considered it would be fun for vn's to appear on it's lists; an additional effort, to make it even more accessible, with regards to modern standards.

As for the Steam access and Greenlight system, I'd say it depends on the developer. It's not entirely true it's hard to get onto Steam nowadays. It used to be like that in the past. Right now it's actually very easy, provided you're already known or established, have a lot of fans or produce high quality work. A lot of it actually depends whether you're able to sell and distribute your product. Right now everyone and everything gets on Steam, so it's not that much of an achievement anymore. For new devs it even became more of an obligation, than anything else.

You're absolutely right IceD. Tragically, just about all media people, including YouTubers, still only pay attention to games if they're on Steam, as if Steam remains the standard holder it perhaps once was. I have some other thoughts on Greenlight but I'll keep them to myself :P.

Can't wait for maintenance to end and see what new has been added!

I really want to get Furutaka... she's holding up me completing like 5 composition quests.  I'm thinking I'll try to farm her on 2-2 and double up with completing transport ship daily/weeklies, but that could get pretty annoying with my fleet getting fatigue from the potential for only one battle on that map.  Maybe run an AA heavy fleet on 1-4 instead?  I really don't know.

atm iam just having problems with fuel as in crafting or atleast trying to craft bb takes up a lot and spam lving hibiki,yuudachi,jintsuu and naka on 1-5 takes a lot of fuel.

somehow i still have 2k ammo no idea how but okay.

so in other words need strong ships and lots of stuff so you can repair and resupply them with and to spam x-x world/node

also btw is it normal to get ca from dd recipe and only ca?