Kancolle (Kantai Collection) Thread!

OriginalRen

Finally got Goya and Iku!!, Goya from construction (250/30/200/30) and Iku from 1-5 boss node, leveling them right now and i just love their low resource consumption and short repair time, perfect for completing dailies. 

Try to not use then too much for farming resources from maps or your HQ level will grow too quickly. All maps have varying ddifficulty depending on the HQ level you have. So try to stay on low levels as much as you can or you'll have underleveled ships.

PD: I think I inflated my HQ level 15-20 levels using that.

Try to not use then too much for farming resources from maps or your HQ level will grow too quickly. All maps have varying ddifficulty depending on the HQ level you have. So try to stay on low levels as much as you can or you'll have underleveled ships.

PD: I think I inflated my HQ level 15-20 levels using that.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately, by the time i realized this it was too late, back then i thought "Hey i can level my destroyers and light cruisers easily and get a sub" now i just cross my fingers when facing elites and flagships 

yes and it will be awesome 

Unless they portray American, British and Australian ships as the abissal fleet. Here I'm hoping this turns oout like Strike Witches, but I know that's impossible given how stupidly nationalistic is part of the fans in Japan.

Alright so I was able to farm some midget subs from Chitose and Chiyoda, but I'm not sure how many I should equip on Kitakami and Ooi. 1 or 2?

Having just 1 gives them the chance to do a preemptive torpedo attack right before the shelling phase, so you can just equip another midget or a 61cm quad torpedo for more torpedo stat, also a radar i think is a good option.

Is there a fast and easy way to level-up ships? 

Not sure if fast, but pvp gives a decent amount of ship experience, no repair costs, and sometimes there a nice admirals who make it easier setting a single ship in their fleet

Is there a fast and easy way to level-up ships? 

As Hakrouken mentioned, the best way to level your ships is on pvp, because you can get over 1000 exp battles if you get an S rank victory and you earn very few HQ exp = less inflated TTK level. Just be careful with fleet composition. Also, the factor that determines how many exp you earn is the combined level of the first 2 ships on the enemyy fleet.

The other way is grinding 3-2. Unless you have a 6 DDs fleet, you'll allways get rediected north. That node only has DDs and CAs which can be easily destroyed and give 500 exp to the flagship. The ideal composition of that fleet would be:

Flagship = the ship you want to level

2 CVs filled with torpedo planes (Ryuusei or Ryuusei Kai for maximum effectiveness. If not usse Tenzan)

2 CLTs equiped with midget subs for preemptive torpedo strike

1 sub.

The trick is that all the enemy ships have to attack the sub and, since they hahe cheap and fast to fix it doesn't cost you a lot of time and money to grind. You'd have to destroy the enemy fleet before the final torpedo phase or then, the enemy ships will bypass the ule that makes then attack only the sub.

you can use this trick in 2-4-A too for same EXP + better drops, but there will allways be 1 or 2 CAs that will ignore the sub and attack your other ships

If you want to level CL/CLT/DD you can use 1-5. Just use BBV/CVL/ + the 2 ships yu want to level and you'll allways each boss. don't forget to craft depth charges and sonars and equipe then on your DDs and CLs

As Hakrouken mentioned, the best way to level your ships is on pvp, because you can get over 1000 exp battles if you get an S rank victory and you earn very few HQ exp = less inflated TTK level. Just be careful with fleet composition. Also, the factor that determines how many exp you earn is the combined level of the first 2 ships on the enemyy fleet.

The other way is grinding 3-2. Unless you have a 6 DDs fleet, you'll allways get rediected north. That node only has DDs and CAs which can be easily destroyed and give 500 exp to the flagship. The ideal composition of that fleet would be:

Flagship = the ship you want to level

2 CVs filled with torpedo planes (Ryuusei or Ryuusei Kai for maximum effectiveness. If not usse Tenzan)

2 CLTs equiped with midget subs for preemptive torpedo strike

1 sub.

The trick is that all the enemy ships have to attack the sub and, since they hahe cheap and fast to fix it doesn't cost you a lot of time and money to grind. You'd have to destroy the enemy fleet before the final torpedo phase or then, the enemy ships will bypass the ule that makes then attack only the sub.

you can use this trick in 2-4-A too for same EXP + better drops, but there will allways be 1 or 2 CAs that will ignore the sub and attack your other ships

If you want to level CL/CLT/DD you can use 1-5. Just use BBV/CVL/ + the 2 ships yu want to level and you'll allways each boss. don't forget to craft depth charges and sonars and equipe then on your DDs and CLs

I only reached 2-3 but even 2-2 gave some problems, that's why I want to level them easily.

Regarding pvp, even though I do it daily, I've obtained the 1000exp only once while I usually obtain 200exp or similar.

I only reached 2-3 but even 2-2 gave some problems, that's why I want to level them easily.

Regarding pvp, even though I do it daily, I've obtained the 1000exp only once while I usually obtain 200exp or similar.

You'll have to learn fleet composition and equipment to maximize your damage then...

What are your best ships? Do you have CVs or CVLs?

You'll have to learn fleet composition and equipment to maximize your damage then...

What are your best ships? Do you have CVs or CVLs?

My main fleet is composed of Tatsuta (24), Maya (20), Nachi (20), Hiei (21), Kirishima (21) and Akagi (20).

My main fleet is composed of Tatsuta (24), Maya (20), Nachi (20), Hiei (21), Kirishima (21) and Akagi (20).

First of all, do you have another CA? Tatsuta as well as Tenryuu aree great CLs but oly for doing expeditions gven they consume less resources that any other CL.

Maya is a great CA when you are starting because she can remodel at level 18 and get a huge improvement on her stats. I'd recomend you to get another CA: Haguro, Tone, Chikuma or Kinugasa are good options because all of then have Kai Ni remodels. Mogami is also a good choice but I doubt you have her given you have a low admiral level.

There is an important condition that will make you hit more and harder and make the other fleet hit less and softer: Artillery spotting. All BBs, CAs and CLs can equip recognaissance planes. Those are used to fly close to the enemy fleet and help the gunners on your ship to adjust the angle of their turrents and increase accuracy. Also, a fleet with artillery spotting has more probabilities of doing daylight cut-ins for massive damage.

So, how do you get artillery spotting?

You have to equip on every CA, CL and BB you have on your fleet a single reconnaisance plane and get Air supremacy. That's where Akagi comes into play. You only have one carrier and the plane she comes to are very mediocre so the damage she can do isn't that great. You have to use her to get Air supremacy for 2 reasons:

- As stated above, it gives Artillery spotting

- Air supremacy means less planes shot down = less bauxite you spend

So, how do you get Air supremacy? By having fighters, lots of then. Try using the big slot on Akagi for the fighters. A text like this is shown when you get air supremacy: 制空権確保! If you don't get it everytime you enter battle, put more fighters. Now, see on the top right part of the screen if a seaplane appears over the enemy formation circle and if it happens you have gotten artillery spotting.

The optimal loadout for doing damage is

2 main artilleries, 1 recon plane and 1 anti-air artillery (not anti air machine gun)

In case of 3 slots ships, ditch the anti-air artillery.

Anyway, just try reading the wikia and you'll learn most off this. Experience comes into play too but less than theory.

I think I'm ready to clear 2-4. I can pretty much destroy 2-4-A without my girls losing any health 90% of the time. Now it's time for that (un)lucky compass of mine to get me to the boss node

0ac281aaa5.jpg

I wanna see how much levels your ships earn beefore actually beating 2-4. Also, modernize your ships already unless you want to get critted by a fucking enemy destroyer.

First of all, do you have another CA? Tatsuta as well as Tenryuu aree great CLs but oly for doing expeditions gven they consume less resources that any other CL.

Maya is a great CA when you are starting because she can remodel at level 18 and get a huge improvement on her stats. I'd recomend you to get another CA: Haguro, Tone, Chikuma or Kinugasa are good options because all of then have Kai Ni remodels. Mogami is also a good choice but I doubt you have her given you have a low admiral level.

There is an important condition that will make you hit more and harder and make the other fleet hit less and softer: Artillery spotting. All BBs, CAs and CLs can equip recognaissance planes. Those are used to fly close to the enemy fleet and help the gunners on your ship to adjust the angle of their turrents and increase accuracy. Also, a fleet with artillery spotting has more probabilities of doing daylight cut-ins for massive damage.

So, how do you get artillery spotting?

You have to equip on every CA, CL and BB you have on your fleet a single reconnaisance plane and get Air supremacy. That's where Akagi comes into play. You only have one carrier and the plane she comes to are very mediocre so the damage she can do isn't that great. You have to use her to get Air supremacy for 2 reasons:

- As stated above, it gives Artillery spotting

- Air supremacy means less planes shot down = less bauxite you spend

So, how do you get Air supremacy? By having fighters, lots of then. Try using the big slot on Akagi for the fighters. A text like this is shown when you get air supremacy: 制空権確保! If you don't get it everytime you enter battle, put more fighters. Now, see on the top right part of the screen if a seaplane appears over the enemy formation circle and if it happens you have gotten artillery spotting.

The optimal loadout for doing damage is

2 main artilleries, 1 recon plane and 1 anti-air artillery (not anti air machine gun)

In case of 3 slots ships, ditch the anti-air artillery.

Anyway, just try reading the wikia and you'll learn most off this. Experience comes into play too but less than theory.

I wanna see how much levels your ships earn beefore actually beating 2-4. Also, modernize your ships already unless you want to get critted by a fucking enemy destroyer.

Actually, I have Mogami Kai but, like all the other ships, she's Lvl.10. The other Kais I have are Tatsuta, Murakumo, Ooi and Kitakami.

I think I should have mentioned this earlier but the ships I want to level are those in Lvl. 10,

Also, I've been using the reconaissance planes and fighters for some weeks now (Akagi has 3 fighters and a bomber).

Actually, I have Mogami Kai but, like all the other ships, she's Lvl.10. The other Kais I have are Tatsuta, Murakumo, Ooi and Kitakami.

I think I should have mentioned this earlier but the ships I want to level are those in Lvl. 10,

Also, I've been using the reconaissance planes and fighters for some weeks now (Akagi has 3 fighters and a bomber).

Just modernize your ships then, you don't need a great fleet to clear till 2-4. 2-4 is a bitch in which you'll need at least one BB though.

Actually I'm almost 100% sure I would have cleared it today. I got all the way to the last node that decided if I went to boss or not, and I ended up not getting the boss. My whole fleet had near full health with the exception of Ooi who was at low health(not critical).

I think it's safe to say I raged that I didn't get to the boss node ;_;

Oh, but that IS the problem.

^woo grats

Havent played in awhile. Quit around the time the time they added the 2nd sub and yamato was an event drop (BTW did they ever change it so she's craftable or did they remove her after the event? Edit: Nvm looks like they did make her craftable). I think the last thing I did before quitting was finally craft Zuikaku and got to 4-3/4-4 while grinding on 3-2.

iirc this was the setup I was using (All torp planes on the carries), not sure how it fairs anymore tho.

65857bdd44.jpg

The deed is done. 2-4 can suck it. Girls of the hour

128d160495.jpg

A little advice. You usually put your carriers on the last. slot, specially if you are using it only for getting air supremacy because they are one of the ships that deal less damage on the shelling phase and, if you have to enter night battle, they won't do anything.