August's 'Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai' getting an anime adaption

Kanbe

Frankly speaking, the game lacks real content and largely replies on the characters' mindless conversation to tell the story (if there is any at all). I am only interested in how are they going to take care of different routes' development. Moe characters and supposed-to-be-funny conservation...Nothing more to be expected.

Neat!

I was thinking about starting this VN, but now I think I'll wait for the anime instead.

Same here. So whoo hoo.

First reaction was "why not Eustia", then I realized moe sells more.

True on the first. But never the less, moe is good as well at times :D

Exactly, Eustia's story reads like an anime, and having the fight scenes animated would be incredible since the game didn't have many Caim sprites/CGs. 

I'll admit, I also want to see 小動物-Tia or Licia animated...

this thread is now about eustia, DISCUSS

Exactly, Eustia's story reads like an anime, and having the fight scenes animated would be incredible since the game didn't have many Caim sprites/CGs. 

I did not think about that. Caim animted would be no short of epic, now I am really hoping for an Eusita anime. Damn moe! I want Caiim!!

Everything nowadays is moe to a bigger or lesser extent. Even stories like the one in Eustia, which should normally leave a depressive impact on players, do not cause that anymore, mainly because certain things are moefied, while they shouldn't.

I'd love to see an adaptation of Eustia, but I doubt it will ever happen. The only things that still sell in Japan are high-school centered comedies/drama.

Everything nowadays is moe to a bigger or lesser extent. Even stories like the one in Eustia, which should normally leave a depressive impact on players, do not cause that anymore, mainly because certain things are moefied, while they shouldn't.

I'd love to see an adaptation of Eustia, but I doubt it will ever happen. The only things that still sell in Japan are high-school centered comedies/drama.

Hey, I'm sure we'll be getting a Muramasa anime in lolnever

Eustia may have moege character design and humor thrown in there from time to time, but it still had an impact on me.

For instance I was gutted after

Melt's death.

and that scene when

Licia finds her father's message in the crown was really emotional.

That was one of my favorite bits probably.

Eustia may have moege character design and humor thrown in there from time to time, but it still had an impact on me.

For instance I was gutted after

Melt's death.

and that scene when

Licia finds her father's message in the crown was really emotional.

That was one of my favorite bits probably.

OH MY GOD. 

Yeah I literally said that out loud in real life simply reading you mention that and recalling that scene. 

I was in denial about Melt's death for a while as well, but I somehow accepted it after a bit. Licia's entire chapter though.. holy crap. From the scene convincing Varrius to fight, the note in crown, Gau, and how things didn't go exactly the way Caim wanted to, man that was a brilliant chapter.

Also, that moment in

chapter 5 when Colette reappears in the story.

Moe was hardly the main part of the vn, neither did I feel it did any disservice to the vn.

Let's not forget the true route ending .

It personally made me depressed for days later lol. It was horrible imo. Tiaaaaaaa. *sobs*

OH MY GOD. 

Yeah I literally said that out loud in real life simply reading you mention that and recalling that scene. 

I was in denial about Melt's death for a while as well, but I somehow accepted it after a bit. Licia's entire chapter though.. holy crap. From the scene convincing Varrius to fight, the note in crown, Gau, and how things didn't go exactly the way Caim wanted to, man that was a brilliant chapter.

I still remember when we talked about Eustia on skype and you were right at the scene.

You stopped and left like 1 min before you get to know what really happened at that scene. I was like READ just a LITTLE more. Hahaha.

I know right.. I was like

Oh looks like 娼館街 is fine. K, time to go to a dentist appointment.

Come back an hour later.

WAIT WHAT IS GOING ON DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME CAIM WAS FUCKING HALLUCINATING WAIT WHAT THE FUCK. 

Oh, the bar fell, well shit. Doesn't mean Melt is dead yet, she might not have been in the bar. 

Lol why are you so worried Caim. Melt, this is when you come in and tease him for worrying.

Wait wait is Melt actually gone? ふざけねぇ!

Two major issues with transition from VN to anime.

1.  The more complex the 'internal' aspect of the story is, the more difficult it is to transform it into an anime.  Grisaia, whose story is at least half internal to Yuuji, will definitely suffer from the transition.  Hitsujikai also possesses a strong internal element, which will make the transition difficult.

2. Paths- This is a problem seen in the original FSN anime and the non-existent Tsukihime anime.  It is also seen in various other conversions to a lesser extent.  It basically demands the anime-maker either choose a single path or steal elements from all the paths to make a final ending.  For a moege, it isn't really hard to turn it into an anime, because there is so little distinction between the paths in terms of atmosphere or events.  However, with a game like Grisaia or Hitsujikai...

Edit: Understand, the average moege will just end up as a perfect 'harem story' anime, which is just fine (Shuffle as an example where the anime actually surpassed the original VN), but for a story-focused VN that isn't a kinetic novel...