Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Announcement

It's not that useful, it's a mollycoddling pile of ... shit, useful only if you agree on the handholding method of edification. I'm more inclined to let people leap into the fire and see how many come out the other side *shrugs*.

@Wahfuu: Nobody cares about you criticising the project. I take issue when your little translator friend and people on the forum start taking aim at someone individually. Blank's attitude sickens your little translator friend? Who gives a fuck. He's obviously got too much fucking time on his hands if he has the luxary to be sickened by the attitude of a fan-translator. Homeland thinks people like Blank is a toxin? I don't care for that remark either. And you defending such treatment? Get bent. I don't give a rats what you think is pathetic.

@Chrono: Your argument is only valid if the translators themselves are translating for accolades. If they have, as you say, a deep respect for the literature, they'd translate purely to give the material the treatment it deserves. So YES, it's the TL's fault only one TL of each game is getting released, and if they want to complain about individuals being disrespectful to the literature in question, without first seeing the patch, then they can retranslate the game themselves, or take a seat and shut up. This teenage drama is what makes the VN community a laughing stock, the metaphorical equivalent of a grade-school playground. Grow the fuck up.

One serious question for BlankTranslations:

Can you translate Aiyoku no Eustia?

If there ever was a post that hit the bulls-eye so dead center on what needed to be said.

It's not that useful, it's a mollycoddling pile of ... shit, useful only if you agree on the handholding method of edification. I'm more inclined to let people leap into the fire and see how many come out the other side *shrugs*.

@Wahfuu: Nobody cares about you criticising the project. I take issue when your little translator friend and people on the forum start taking aim at someone individually. Blank's attitude sickens your little translator friend? Who gives a fuck. He's obviously got too much fucking time on his hands if he has the luxary to be sickened by the attitude of a fan-translator. Homeland thinks people like Blank is a toxin? I don't care for that remark either. And you defending such treatment? Get bent. I don't give a rats what you think is pathetic.

@Chrono: Your argument is only valid if the translators themselves are translating for accolades. If they have, as you say, a deep respect for the literature, they'd translate purely to give the material the treatment it deserves. So YES, it's the TL's fault only one TL of each game is getting released, and if they want to complain about individuals being disrespectful to the literature in question, without first seeing the patch, then they can retranslate the game themselves, or take a seat and shut up. This teenage drama is what makes the VN community a laughing stock, the metaphorical equivalent of a grade-school playground. Grow the fuck up.

Uh... do you really believe everything you've wrote? Not only are there more inconsistencies in your post then I can count with one hand, but you *are* reaching the level of flat out attacking people.

The point of attacking people has long since passed. I've only added to the pile.

If you believe I have inconsistencies, name them. I'll happily debate the matter all day with you.

EDIT: Hmmm, feel free to report my post if you feel it goes over the line, I won't be changing it though. The fan-tl scene has been pissing me off with all its whining for a long time now. Heh, the moderators should have involved themselves in this thread long ago. I suppose some action is better than none, even if that action is against me *shrugs*

handholding method of edification. I'm more inclined to let people leap into the fire and see how many come out the other side *shrugs*.

Yes, that's incredibly inclusive and encouraging to people to purposely let them fall flat on their face and never want to try doing a translation again after wasting two years of their life.

Stop moving the goalpost, your problem was that my stance was too "elitist," and now Pabloc puts it in a much more eloquent way than I could and you decide to go all hardball.

feel free to report my post if you feel it goes over the line

If anybody has gotten angry and gone over the line at all in this thread it would be me, and if a person I'm trying to debate with got banned (or if I got banned myself for that matter), I'd lose any respect at all for FuwaNovel's forum as a forum of discussion. 

Heh, the moderators should have involved themselves in this thread long ago. I suppose some action is better than none, even if that action is against me *shrugs*

We prefer to intervene the least possible. In the hope that you guys will act like grown-ups and discuss in a civilized manner, which doesn't seem to have happened even after a warning and several people being contacted by mods.

Well, since the project is abandoned, I'm locking this thread, at least temporarily.