How do you guys read so much?

Silvz

So let's say 7 non-nukige VNs per month. That makes 84 per year, which makes 840 non-nukige VNs in the past 10 years :o Which means you've read half the VNs that were published in that time. So even you can't read every single one it seems :D

Really depends on how interested you are in a VN and how much time you have. If I get hyped enough about a VN I dump hours in to them, but yeah they're quite long.

Hence why my backlog is quite terrifying. 

I find VNDB lengths are quite accurate. (Although I mostly read the 50 hr ones~..) 

Well, I can only read various VN's in a short time now, because I don't have anything else to do with my life. For example I just finished Ayakashibito in 4 days, I started 8th of may and finished today, 13th of may. In the 2 days prior to that I completed IkiKoi. I don't know If I should consider myself to be a fast reader and I never did like to read books, but since I don't have anything else to do, I get easily hooked on the VN's stories. I basically marathon entire days for reading VN's.

I got through Asuho's, Komomo's, Kosame's and Chinami's routes in under a week.  I was home sick, and I had nothing better to do than play a crap ton of LoL, or reread a bunch of books I've read at least 5 times, so I just plowed right ahead.

I'm generally pretty slow with VNs, which is kinda funny, since people think I speed read whenever I read regular books.  My schedule is a little constricting, though, so I guess that makes sense.  I can take regular books with me wherever I go, but since I hate laptops, I can't do the same for VNs.

When I played Muv-Luv Alternative I couldn't stop reading it once I started it.

I was glued to this VN. I think it's the first one I've been like this. I didn't take a single break between the reads except for sleeping and basic needs of course. It took me 3 days to finish ol.

I really like long VN's for the extended story and just because I don't like when something ends too quickly (this rule also aplies to "12" anime chapters but that doesn't mean I don't watch them) so I prefer that they last so I can enjoy them.

Well lately I haven't been playing too much VN's. Right know I'm with Kamidori but I still have Ever17 in the queue (I finished Tsugumi's route and didn't play since), Umineko and last arc of Gendeki Stryker. A profile is on the hold aswell as Kagetsu Tohya. I don't know why I don't have the excitement for reading right know. Maybe it's that time of the month, even tough I am a guy =_=

I don't, actually. It usually takes me ages to finish VNs because I'm a gamer and tend to be distracted by my Steam library or the abundance of handhelds/games I have.

But usually I just sit my ass down and read until I'm done, even if it takes weeks/months. I do enjoy sort of "living with the characters" so to speak, so I don't mind a VN taking months to read.

Well, I discovered VNs (my boyfriend gave my "Kana Imouto") after being a book worm for 20 years. Generaly I read for an hour or two treating it as an anime (voices, loud music, slow text, savouring the CG's and animations). But for me the story is the most important element in VNs, so after those "slow" two hours I concentrate mostly on text and less on graphics. Normaly I also mute the vioces and set the text to the fastest.

I read only those routes I find interesting and always several titles at a time (no more than 3), becouse after 25 hours I normaly feel tired with one story(there are exceptions).   

I always skip the text I read before. I'm rarely interested in H-scenes so I skip them too.

I pay more attention to PSP and NDS (3DS) VN's. The gameplay changes everything ;]

If the game is good I tend to play it for hours without break. 

If it is so-so I have problems with finishing it. 

If reading is fun, it won't feel like a chore. It's much like being addicted to a good RTS game or MMORPG.

That said, I dread reading a VN that's listed >30 hours. If I get into something, I don't want it to end so soon. Because all the great stories need lots of time and patience to flesh out. 

Some anime base on visual novel isn't good as visual novel ver like little buster,dc da capo,fate/stay night ...

I'm kinda lazy to read text,but when you into the story,you'll wanna find out the rest of them,how it's end and there's go my life
visual novel has read so far:Clannad(10/10),little buster(10/10),rewrite(10/10),If my heart have wings(9/10),G-senjou no maou(10/10),Fate/stay night(10/10),Grisaia no kajitsu(10/10), hoshizora no memoria(9/10),Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji(8/10),saya no uta

I fall into the "Read until you pass out" category. I'll burn through an entire novel in as few sittings as possible, even if that means pulling all nighters just to get farther. It's definitely an addiction; when the story is good, I don't stop. I read Steins;Gate in two days, for example. If I don't feel like marathoning it, then there's a good chance I'll just drop it for months at a time. So basically, learn to function with no sleep and take a long hiatus after every novel to cool down again if you want to take my approach. Oh and caffeine and sugar, those also help.

....my method isn't the healthiest, mind you.

I don't, actually. It usually takes me ages to finish VNs because I'm a gamer and tend to be distracted by my Steam library or the abundance of handhelds/games I have.

Yea, I have the same problem. Sometimes I have troubles balancing what to do and just do a little bit of everything and get nothing done.

i try to find the balance i my lifetime i lost 8 hour with the work and about 5 hour with sleep so i try to use the reaming time for games animes and read vn's and if im not use the computer i reading manga's but i try to buy a laptop and with this i will earn more time

Well its all about motivation really. But for me there are 4 main reasons why I read Visual Novels; I am outside from home and there is absolutely no wifi available and I don't have a mouse to play osu or any of my FPS games I pull up a VN (Of course I have to be extra cautious about a wild H-Scene coming out of nowhere),the story really does entice me, and I cant stop reading (G-senjou no maou got me marathoning for like 10 hours), don't judge me when I say this one reason but, sometimes I actually play to reach the *Inhales* 'H-Scenes'... Let me explain this one a little more further. Let me use Fate Stay Night for example, I watched the anime and I liked it along with the characters and by characters I mean Rule 34, other then reading doujins or other fan art, just knowing that there is an actual version of it that has the character's in an H-scene makes it feel more authentic to me and no I do not just spam my enter/spacebar to get there I read the story also its the anticipation that keeps me playing. Lastly I read it a lot when I procrastinate ._.'

Well its all about motivation really. But for me there are 4 main reasons why I read Visual Novels; I am outside from home and there is absolutely no wifi available and I don't have a mouse to play osu or any of my FPS games I pull up a VN (Of course I have to be extra cautious about a wild H-Scene coming out of nowhere),the story really does entice me, and I cant stop reading (G-senjou no maou got me marathoning for like 10 hours), don't judge me when I say this one reason but, sometimes I actually play to reach the *Inhales* 'H-Scenes'... Let me explain this one a little more further. Let me use Fate Stay Night for example, I watched the anime and I liked it along with the characters and by characters I mean Rule 34, other then reading doujins or other fan art, just knowing that there is an actual version of it that has the character's in an H-scene makes it feel more authentic to me and no I do not just spam my enter/spacebar to get there I read the story also its the anticipation that keeps me playing. Lastly I read it a lot when I procrastinate ._.'

Have to say this i spend entire 2 days in my room to finish G-senjou,one of best thing i ever read in mylife

Have to say this i spend entire 2 days in my room to finish G-senjou,one of best thing i ever read in mylife

Omg Ikr?, honestly I would have finished the entire thing in such little time but I accidentally spoiled it for myself when I was looking for a G-senjou Wallpaper and accidentally came across a

CG of Kyousuke and Maou standing in the same picture as 2 different beings

and I'm all like FML, so I barely continued reading it after that, I finished the tsubaki and shiratori routes but now i don't feel motivated to finish it when I found out that one fact :(, i'm still reading it but like very slowly now along with other vns lol

I'd say i'm an average VN reader. I have lots of free time on my hands right now so finding time for myself is no problem. Although I have to share my laptop with my brother sometimes which take some time away but I guess it's good not to be glued on the screen for too long. There are lots of VNs I still haven't read so I make time when I have it and when i'm up to it.