How do you guys read so much?

Silvz

Well, I started reading VN's a few months ago, and besides Umineko and Rewrite, I only read Narcissu and half of Saya no Uta. Only these made me spend a lot of time of my free time, and looking at VNDB, a lot of my future readings are labeled as ">50 hours", like the first two.

So, I was wondering how you guys can read so many VN's if a lot of them just take soooo long to do that. Do you read two or more at the same time, or skip the "boring" parts, or even don't read some heroins routes? If there are actually some tips, I'd like to take them!

Or maybe I'm just lazy at reading?

Occasional 8-hour marathons and stuff. Once I get into something, it can get hard to put down.

That said, recently I've been reading much less. I just never quite start.

I complete pretty much all non-fluff in every VN, though. I didn't get muscle revolution and shit in LB w.

VNs are surprisingly easy to marathon. I can't do that with anime for example. So if you have enough free time and motivation it can go pretty fast.

Also the time indicators on vndb are a bit large. The 50+ hours no-gameplay VNs are usually more 35-50 hours-ish.

Because reading is fun.

To be honest, I'm not reading that much anymore, though. I made a complete break from the visual novel genre in terms of reading/playing them and decided to go back only a while ago. I have a huge backlog now, but once I finish a bunch of things left, I will definately read them all. I'm actually quite happy to see so many new decent titles TL'ed, considering at the time when I left there was barely anything left for me to read.

As for the rest, most of modern games are shit and mmorpg's are a complete waste of time and nothing else.

Nah, you're doing it right, I'm a slow reader myself. However, I never, ever read 2 or more routes simultaneously. It will take away the immersion of focusing on one plot, and jumping in between tends to make you occasionally overlook the other or even forget about it.

Try this: Whenever you feel enough for the day, try to stop before hitting a resolution or within moments of tension and create a cliffhanger for yourself. It'll be quite difficult, but you'll be compelled to continue sooner or later and you'll have a jump start next time you read.

I really want to start a marathon with Fate/Stay Night, but I just can't get into it, please have mercy on me about this, but I get bored of it after some time reading...

Not into philosophy then.

It probably has a lot to do with preference really. If a story really engrosses you in it then often you will not want to leave it. I'm often guilty of getting so into a story that I completely lose my sense of time, and I have actually gone to class in the morning without a single hour of sleep. Nowadays I find that it's good to moderate yourself.

No, I absolutely hate and loathe it, I'm really glad I don't have those classes anymore, so boring... my god...

Fate/Stay Night is philosophy and lore garnished with action.

You won't find lighthearted stuff there. If you find it boring thus far then you shouldn't force yourself to read it.

Fate/Stay Night is philosophy and lore garnished with action.

You won't find lighthearted stuff there. If you find it boring thus far then you shouldn't force yourself to read it.

I'll jump to My Girlfriend is the President then, I miss a good VN comedy. All of FSN fans, please don't hate me :unsure:

You know, I'm the same way. It takes me ages to finish a single route of any given VN. We should start a club or something.

Do you read two or more at the same time, or skip the "boring" parts, or even don't read some heroins routes? If there are actually some tips, I'd like to take them!

I just do this. If I'm not interested in a character, I usually don't read their route.