Fixes to common problems with Visual Novel Reader

• 3 weeks later...

im having trouble with a game it's called Suzukuri Dragon,

the game was running just fine and the translations was all good but all of sudden im getting duplicated text of the same dialogue and i made sure that im not using more than one translation engine,

i don't know what's causing this problem,

i tried to reset the game preferences and messing with the options of VNR and the game itself and i think what's worth mentioning is that when i open the game options window the translated texts are normal but when i return to the game it goes back to duplicated lines

http://i.imgur.com/mOLJx6F.png

I've been getting a problem when running Walkure Romanze. The program itself runs fine, but I get an odd error when running it alongside VN Reader and allowing it to embed text. At least, that's what I think the problem is since if I just disable embedding it seems to work okay. However, I like the embedded text more and would prefer to keep that option open if possible. What happens is that I become unable to select anything in the window or even move the text forward, but I can quit to the main menu by acting as though I'm going to quit the game. I can then return to a save or quick save and advance past the point by not letting the game embed or by pausing. Given the frequency of this error, which can be as frequently as every three or four lines, this issue is not something I can ignore. Below is the error.

qvzF7fv.png

My Japanese isn't that good yet, but I can tell it's something about a script error and apparently attempts to call forth text. I didn't get this error with the other few games I've run through VN Reader. Possibly related, my debug doesn't seem to work right.

For the time being I'll run the game without embedding, but I would appreciate it if I could get that to work as well.

im having trouble with a game it's called Suzukuri Dragon,

the game was running just fine and the translations was all good but all of sudden im getting duplicated text of the same dialogue and i made sure that im not using more than one translation engine,

i don't know what's causing this problem,

i tried to reset the game preferences and messing with the options of VNR and the game itself and i think what's worth mentioning is that when i open the game options window the translated texts are normal but when i return to the game it goes back to duplicated lines

http://i.imgur.com/mOLJx6F.png

think i found a solution to my problem, it was applying the option "eliminate finite repetition in the text (for example: YYeess!!NoNo! => Yes!No!)" that fixed the duplicated text for me

I made a comment regarding this in another thread, but I think this is the more appropriate place.

"

I'm getting a weird issue with VNR.  Hook codes will work the first time I launch a game (any one game) after restarting my computer, but hooking will fail whenever I launch any subsequent game.   Is this a common issue?  The same codes work fine in AGTH, and hooking works fine in games that don't require specific codes (such as KiriKiri games)."

For example, I am using the code /hb30@42efcc    which works in AGTH, and works the first time for VNR.    

I just installed VNR with Flyable Heart. It did not find the game in the database, and the in-game popup lacks the Menu button on top - the topmost button is Option. Is this fixable? Alternatively, is there another simple visual novel that is better recognized? I don't care what it is, I just would like to find something simple to help learn Japanese.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been getting a problem with Fate/HA. In UTF-16 VNR swallows 2 last words of each sentences and in all other encodings it inserts "0" in start of each sentence with break line. I use english to russian translator.Help,plz!

Edited by Hadgar

• 4 weeks later...

I've been getting a problem when running Walkure Romanze. The program itself runs fine, but I get an odd error when running it alongside VN Reader and allowing it to embed text. At least, that's what I think the problem is since if I just disable embedding it seems to work okay. However, I like the embedded text more and would prefer to keep that option open if possible. What happens is that I become unable to select anything in the window or even move the text forward, but I can quit to the main menu by acting as though I'm going to quit the game. I can then return to a save or quick save and advance past the point by not letting the game embed or by pausing. Given the frequency of this error, which can be as frequently as every three or four lines, this issue is not something I can ignore. Below is the error.

Hidden Content

My Japanese isn't that good yet, but I can tell it's something about a script error and apparently attempts to call forth text. I didn't get this error with the other few games I've run through VN Reader. Possibly related, my debug doesn't seem to work right.

For the time being I'll run the game without embedding, but I would appreciate it if I could get that to work as well.

I've been having this exact problem. Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know a solution. I've only tried embedding text with Walkure Romanze though, and haven't tried running embedded translations in any other visual novels.

Hopefully this becomes more visible though, I'm also hoping for a solution. Sorry for the lack of contribution.

Hi, I'm kind of new to this VNR thing... I'm using it with Arcana Famiglia and I successfully installed the game into the springboard and all but the translations won't appear at all, though the side menu is working fine..

Here's the link to a post in my twitter with some pictures regarding the problem:

https://twitter.com/ciirnoe/status/680775544934301696

Thanks in advance! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the same problem, I'm trying to play amnesia later (and amnesia crowd) but no matter what I try, the subtitles won't show up! there's just NOTHING! 

I think the problem is VNreader won't open as admin, even though I click "open as an administrator" PLEASE HELP!!! I have been trying to get this to work for THREE DAYS NOW!

• 1 month later...

hi thanks for you tutorial in using VNR...it is that i have problem with this game.. [Atelier Sakura Team.NTR] Hoka no Otoko no Seieki de Harande mo Ii Desu ka...? 3

i tried all your suggestions but the translation did not pop up in game window..it work for other games though, such as Kanojo Baishuntou.. could you please try this game...if it is work for you..thanks for your help..

Is anyone else having problems with Google's online translation? Some weeks ago it just completely stopped working, while all the other options still do.

Shown below: all online machine translators enabled to show that they work

Spoiler

b2c77bd55c344300d73369aceb43c148.jpg

And here everything but Google.com is disabled; nothing shows up.

Spoiler

a3c83e1e4f0870d8101f96a18f04aa40.jpg

Also if someone can remind me how to remove the center-alignment of the translation, it would be appreciated. Turned it on some time ago and can't find the option anymore D:

And thirdly; is it possible for VNR to ignore furigana in the game text? Currently when using infoseek, it reads both the kanji and furigana at the same time so it translates into gibberish. Not sure if this is translator-specific?

• 2 months later...

Hey guys my VNR wont show text bar when i go into full screen mode when ever I try to go into full screen mode.

I mean it works when its in windows mode but when i switch to full screen mode for the vn is just disappears entirely.

Can someone help me figure out whats wrong with it?

• 3 months later...

I have problem with load save data, every time i load my save file it really take time like forever, after it done there is no text and nothing just background but the game still running and sometime crash it say avgengine v2 stop working.

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me out. I would like to extract the entire text from the game for analysis. When I use agth it works fine I just have to skip the entire text and it automatically gets extracted and saved in the text thread and I can just simply copy paste it. However with VN reader each time I try to skip the text it seems the program cant keep up with the skip speed. That’s why it fails to extract any text when I'm skipping. Does someone know a solution like some setting I have to make to work fine. If that’s not an option can I find out what the H code is for the game using VN reader so that I can use the H code with agth.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I have a problem cause VNR don't show any translated text. I did everything like Sakimichi showed in her tutorials, but it still doesn't shows up. I tried with Hakuouki Zuisouroku, Norn9 and School Wars, and nothing.

Please, does anyone can help me, cause at this point I'm considering to learn japanese seriously.

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Edited by SonYume

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello. I don't know if this theard is still active but i hope that someone is still active.

I have two problems.

Link to the Picture with the Problem: OoNf5FW.png

First. I do not know how to fix it that VNR shows the name of the characters doubled or trippled.

I have tried everything that stood in this theard or anywere else.

Second. I would like to have the translated text in the ingame text box. But i do not know how. On a few games it works on itself without me doing anything. But i want it to enable in every game.

Edited by Draugarnor

On 2/24/2017 at 3:29 AM, kudaratan said:

Is anyone else having the problem over the past 3 days that VNR can't connect to the database? I can't submit any translations. There's always an error. The sakuradite website has been down too...

Been having this issue too. Login fails, can't check for updates and trying to make edit to translation fails too. Guess it's a problem with the host.

Anyone know a way to make edits to the translation locally (setting them as only "only for myself" doesn't help), it's annoying how some character names are wrong and you can't fix it. :\