PSO2 - Phantasy Star Online 2

俊 (Jun)

I can absolutely guarantee that if this gets a North America release, I will be getting it.  I understand that I could just get it in japanese, but I have a horrible experience with games that have a language barrier.

It will not be the same if it even gets western release, it will have like 1/10 of the cosmetic content.

Not to mention that I don't believe that many people would be buying the real money scratches (which is most of the cosmetic stuff like hairstyles and clothes) and putting the items on auction, which is basically how I acquire all my cosmetics - by buying it of people who have lot of ¥¥¥ xD

It is best to just start now and use the English patch if you want English client, there is enough players to even only play with people who speak English if you want to (I know few people who do just that).

I personally prefer playing and socializing with Japanese as I can learn some Japanese that way and also they have more similar preferences to me than the western players, they care about cosmetics more than English players, who care mostly only about stats and damage. If I go with Japanese group, they have imba damage and look awesome at the same time, where as often when I am in party with some English dude, sure he does the damage but usually uses like some cheap clothes, default hair etc and have old big boobed character xD

So if you want to hang out with the cool lolis, you need to play on JP server :P

I would still play it without the cosmetic stuff.  Phantasy Star Online was one of my favorite games when I was younger, and when I do play F2P games with microtransactions, I never buy anything.  I would be playing to have a PSO experience.

I still remember going around with the Real Agito, Spread Needle, Justy-23ST, Sange, Yasha, so much fun.

Well then I guess you would like pso2 as well, it is giant grind if you want the best weapons xD The absolutely best stuff you can't even buy and the most expensive that you can buy are like 70 mil :o And then the tons of money to actually get them to some enchants and special abilities and such.

I think in total I spent like 10 mil on combat gear through my whole 1.5 years of playing (I just buy stuff so I don't suck and party doesn't have to wait for me) and about 150+ mil on cosmetic stuff xD

The last boss from episode 2 was by far my favorite fight, Olga Flow.  I had never had a boss encounter like that in games before and I was constantly grinding it just for entertainment value.

Dang it Steve, now I want to play PSO 1 again, I'll be playing it nonstop after I'm done with Batman.

• 4 weeks later...

HMm when I saw a Video about this game I wanted to get it but was wondering about it bein Japanese..But I will get it and try the English patch..Even if it doesn't work with English it looks great to try.

Edit: Ok well after an hour trying to sign up and start the download i finaly started..
Although i do not know how far i am in the download or how long it will take..But if it is over 20 Gigs it will take me over a month due to restrictions on my Downloading.

Always feel tempted to try playing this whenever this thread pops up, but I'm not to fond of anything that requires effort.

Turns out this didn't require much.  Patching now and pretty excited to play.

If I can patch.  My computer's pretty crappy at patching stuff.  Freaking not one minute goes by and it's not working.

But if it is over 20 Gigs it will take me over a month due to restrictions on my Downloading.

Currently the full client has little over 15GB. There are still internet providers that have FUP limit?

Always feel tempted to try playing this whenever this thread pops up, but I'm not to fond of anything that requires effort.

Turns out this didn't require much. 

Yeah its pretty easy, once it just takes ages to download from the official server and their patcher is also pretty slow, but you can just leave it on background and you'll be fine.

And while this topic got active again, I will post my current look, I bought the digital camera ingame to take better pictures from different angles and all :)

all pictures are 100% safe :)

gY8ziJy.jpglFKlGM3.jpgKN3hI8e.jpgmMrTzNw.jpgNoRgSri.jpgERwo7rt.jpg6PrgSSz.jpgKjbH2bv.jpgB2MyQQQ.jpgm3ekqqF.jpgGkywGw0.jpg7TUpAy9.jpgA1JutB6.jpg9U4Zc7N.jpgGfxxzkm.jpgEX7iOSL.jpgk3cuPlp.jpgiGcry3H.jpg

Also this is my most expensive costume so far, total price it cost me was 23,000,000 meseta xD (would be more for current prices as lot of the stuff is not in rotation anymore) , not even the Angelic costume was this expensive, the angel wings were like 7 mil and the dress and side accessories maybe like 5 mil total xD

And not to mention I bought all the alternative things like white-black stripped knee socks, pink-black stripped knee socks, the kyubey mag and all that so in total I spent like 30mil on that scratch xD

So now I am poor, only have 13mil for the next scratch which will be fate/stay night and prisma iliya scratch coming in a week or so (has the fate Costumes and Weapons [camos] and much more such as butterfly wings which will probably be expensive and I might need them xD...)

Ugh I hope I can get into the game as the Fate Scratches come in xD.
And ya my Isp or should I say most of the Isp in my country has a limit on it..But they do have services with unlimited but my service isn't that.

Edit: IS there a way to pause and carry on the installation from where it was last? I mean the Download.

Edit: IS there a way to pause and carry on the installation from where it was last? I mean the Download.

I don't think so, their update sucks xD But it is not whole 15GB at once, it should be in chunks and smaller patches.

However there is a torrent which includes the English patches: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=494357

and all up to version November 16th so the English patch should still work till the next patch in a week or so (the problem with English patch is that after every official patch you need to wait for new release and re-patch, there is some PSO2 Tweaker that will install that for you after every patch so that might be usefu. I play on the Japanese version as I already got used to it).

EDIT: it actually says in the torrent

After setup is done, the vanilla JP launcher will start. It's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you close out of it, and instead download the English Launcher (PSO2 Tweaker) linked above. It makes patching, applying english patches, and fixing the game very easy, along with many additional features!

so yeah, you can read that and use that if you want :)

Well at start (in closed and open beta) there was no English patch and only translation available was something like this topic: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195744

and translation such as http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/#main

So by having original version and looking up this in the images I learned what is what as I saw both the original and the translation.

Now since you can just get the English patch, you don't really learn what is what, unless you remember the position or something.

Btw I tried the PSO2 Tweaker to test it like 2 months ago and I had a slight problem that i was deleting my shop search history and I am using that a lot (otherwise you need to input full name of the item) so I stopped using the tweaker.

Also in the torrent they mention block 20, I guess if you want to start playing missions with some English people it is the way to go but I try to avoid that block as much as I can as its just full crappy western SA spam and weird individuals xD

So alternatively you can either solo everything with friend support partners quite easily or join some Japanese groups, you should be able to learn the basic communication in Japanese pretty quickly, greeting, thanking and such.

Hmm I see..You actually making me want to go Vanilla style and go without the English..It would be easier on me actually..Is the English patch actually big or it doesn't make a difference?
Also I would like to ask if there is a Torrent for the original without English?

Edit: Wow the Torrents are virtually the same except for 2 seeders :\

Btw one question, can anyone add me in Ship 02?

My ID is Hakaze3000 and my character's name is Hakaze, so you'll find me without any trouble, I'm a LV25 Hunter and LV10 Braver (started recently)

Anyways, thanks :), I'll be up from 9:00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. and then 7:10 P.M. to 1:30 A.M. in Montevideo Hs 

Hmm I would but I haven't even got it yet xD but I would like to play with a few of you when I do.

Well then, I hope you get into it :), it's a very fun game, though maybe not as much as PSO1 (atleast for me, it was even more fun to play PSO1), but it still gets you xD

It also isn't a short game, because it's being updated as we talk, though some of them are really lacky on content.