PSO2 - Phantasy Star Online 2

俊 (Jun)

I was wondering if anyone here plays PSO2 and would like to play together as well!

For those who don't know what PSO2 is but still went to take a look into this topic, PSO2 stands for Phantasy Star Online 2. I heard people say it's kind of like Monster Hunter if that helps..

If you're interested in playing, you could sign up for a sega account and then apply for the game in order to be able to login here: http://pso2.jp/

Note that the game is all in Japanese, though I think an English patch is available somewhere for the game.

I have 3 characters on 3 different ships: 2, 4 and 10.

Ship 2 character name: ロリジュンコ Lvl 5 ranger

Ship 4 character name: 闇子 Lvl 10 ranger

Ship 10: character name: 純子 Lvl 24 ranger / lvl ?(forgot) hunter

Please post here and we can add each other to play around a bit! :P/>

(Note that you can't have a new second character on a different ship unless you pay for it or make a new account, basically I have 3 accounts lolololol)

2 wikis I use to help get around a little bit more:

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php

http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/

loool actualy i did enter here only because Da Capo III project, but if you want some help i have an good acc.

頼子 Ship10 FO40, HU27 (if i dont remember)

I used to play it 6 months ago, then unfortunately i don't have any great weapon, probably.

hmmm if i dont remember.

Cuartz unit complete with Tech III+Mind III

the weapon i forgot the name ^^;

same here, I played a lot at launch and when lvl 40 patch came and I didn't play since so im stuck as RA at lvl 40.

I login from time to time to just buy some of the new costumes and cosmetic items they release but my membership expired and I didn't refresh. And mainly to just chat in Japanese.

Actually there is funny story, I bought about 7000AC and then they returned all the money to non-japanese credit cards xD So I still have some AC left but I don't think its trasferable so I cant give you any gifts now. I gave some cosmetic items like flowers to head or dresses to friends from team so I could give some good leveling weapons to you too (with xp gain etc), but without premium I can't trade anymore :(

Also before I left I bought some items that were supposed to get a use in newt few patches, bought them for 20k meseta each now if I activate shop I can sell them for 200k each, so from about 2mil I spent on them I can get 20, but again, since I cannot trade and you if you don't have premium cannot trade, I cant help you.

oh, the name is Kobato (because I love 小鳩 from haganai, the actual char name is in romaji however), SHIP 2

Also for leveling get a gunslash with "Another history" and EXP boost, I think its アナザーヒストリー or something like that and it is passive 10% xp and then exp boost another 5%, that helps a lot.

I made screenshot selection, from the newest I made few days ago when I pimped myself with wings and such to the oldest one from beta xD

Here: http://imgur.com/a/8WC0C

I agree, the new costumes are nothing special, I liked wedding dress and yukata the most probably.

I didn't even like the halloween one but I took the shrine maiden.

Waaa so high lvl. ww I started playing during beta (lvl 20) cap and after the official launch, kind of on and off though since it is not exactly a game you'd want to play all alone and the people I knew who were playing kind of quit..

So you bought AC? I don't really see much of a need for AC personally.. though I could use some more storage space since it's full of items with abilities/elements on them in case I want to transfer some of those "abilities" to other items. :P I would also from time to time check the npc shops to see if there are any items with useful abilities I could buy.

Ship 2 appears to be full of gaijin lol. (Particularly block 20)

As the japaneses usualy says ship 2 is "Gaikokusei na Ship" Most players overseas are there.

The reputation of this ship is very infamous. You know, in general players overseas are very rude, even being a co-op game.

No respect, even the game being in japanese some people think that is The japaneses who need to know english and not the inverse, etc, etc, etc... (if you write/read/understand japanese, you noticied already how japanese players are polite in-game)

As far i saw already in pso2 reports(sega forum), was because that.

By the way i choose ship 10 because was the first in the list ^^;

Waaa so high lvl. ww I started playing during beta (lvl 20) cap and after the official launch, kind of on and off though since it is not exactly a game you'd want to play all alone and the people I knew who were playing kind of quit..

So you bought AC? I don't really see much of a need for AC personally.. though I could use some more storage space since it's full of items with abilities/elements on them in case I want to transfer some of those "abilities" to other items. :P/>/>/>/> I would also from time to time check the npc shops to see if there are any items with useful abilities I could buy.

Ship 2 appears to be full of gaijin lol. (Particularly block 20)

AC is worth for Skill tree(the only one really needded), and mag(if you wanna use another classes)

Well, by the way i just quitted from the game, because my guild (well basicaly the same reason as ya)... i had a fight with a friend of the guild it has only 8 people and blablabla, i don't wanna really remember.

First meeting...

pso20120815_233450_010.jpg

After the fight with my friend, only mocking arround;

pso20120829_122411_000.jpg

yeah everyone avoided block 20 like a plague xD Even we non-japanese.

The thing is these trolls didn't usually level too much and only spammed and cheated in b20, I always went to different blocks (they changed the numbers of level ranges so many times I dont even know) and also I used the premium blocks a lot, the max level premium one was always almost full so it was easy getting multiparty.

Also to avoid these trolls, it was easy to join MPA that has japanese password, it was usually kana but it worked on trolls very well, sometimes it was a bit harder like 団子 or even harder ones, but for that you have IME pad xD

I actually enjoyed playing with japanese there, oh and also they didnt AFK follow, that was the worst, some english people joined party and just followed people or even worse stayed on dropship so they didnt even make monsters spawn (which is bad thing, more monsters = more loot)

So yeah, if you want to be effective, join japanese group with password, follow basic instructions and do damage :)

And what is AC good for, definitely skill trees, more mags, more inventory slots (its worth for MPA so you dont leave that often, its double, from 50 to 100).

premium is good because you can use shop and room, shop is really important if you want to make money, if you get good rare drop, you need to be able to sell it or even better direct trade it (so you dont lose those 15% on player shop I think, I sold one ultra rare rod for 8M), with premium you get more bank slots too. And I loved decorating my room and inviting people and such.

I bought the pack of 10 silver scratch tickes but didnt get much worth of it so I never bought another scrath, that is I think not worth, I better bought everything in shops.

XP boosters might be worth if you know when to use them and you want to level another class.

Ress is uselss, you always have people around that can insta ress you with stars.

Really depends on how you play, if you play only for the combat then you probably don't need to spend much AC, but I played mostly for the social aspect, costumes, various looking Mags, decorated rooms, accessories so I used AC.

If anyone would like to play with a level 3, I'd gladly join in!

Also, is Sega still blocking foreign IPs from making an account?

Ok to me if youre in ship 10. And as far i know they never blocked foreign IPs.

The problem is with browser compatibility (Japanese SQL), or probably youre talking about when was test server, that had to put your address (japanese only).

lol, I made an account a few months ago and I stopped playing after I see that they're going to release an english version around next year. I usually play it using a controller since that's what I am really used to (have been playing PSU and its sequels quite a lot). But if we want to make a party or something, I'm totally up for it~

Ok to me if youre in ship 10. And as far i know they never blocked foreign IPs.

The problem is with browser compatibility (Japanese SQL), or probably youre talking about when was test server, that had to put your address (japanese only).

Yeah, you need Japanese address when purchasing AC so I used address of SEGA building :o

There was never block for non-japanese IP addresses and should never be as was mentioned by director of the game, he was quite surprised with the popularity in foreign countries and he does not plan to restrict them in any way. (it was in statement from summer)

Then there was the problem with hackers and he mentioned that they might need drastic matters to deal with them and people got scared of IP block, but again the drastic matters was increased strenght of Game Guard protection (and because of that lots of people got problems with game guard like crashing of other applications, internet problems when pso2 was running and such, but seems like it got fixed as lately I didn't have any problems)

• 2 months later...

Forgive the bump if possible, wanted to share this:

English patch for the storyline. Going to get back into PSO2 in the coming two weeks with this and the other english patch :V

LETS DANCE LIKE CRAAAAAAAAZY Um. Gonna have fun getting abducted and cloned then fighting against the clone. Or something. Also Dark Falz.

I swear I am not completely clueless as to what updates they have made D:

Yeah Dark Falz is fun.. for the first 20 times xD And to get clonned you probably need to be max level and do good in the interupt timing attacks. I was making new character on my account and was using this friend of mine and suddenly his clone IKd me, I invited 2 max lvl friends and his clone killed even them xD It takes the gear of the abducted person and this guy had the best gear possible so it was hard xD

In the end I got bored after leveling to 36 xD And that was with 30min 75% xp boosters which you can buy for about 60k so pretty cheap.

What I hated the most is the new cosmetic update, I didn't like a single costume and I always got at least one or more costume from the previous updates. But this update just sucks and the costumes look terrible.

Anyway screens of my new character smile.gif

SeLcPO8.jpg

MsOrf8a.jpg

LVaAIFK.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

theeeeeere managed to move the post xD

edit: as for the tips

1. make a loli-like character

2. earn some basic money

3. get premium or have luck on shop tickets

4. start trading

5. dress your loli

6. never go on a mission again

7. continue trading

8. continue dressing your loli

9. enjoy your loli

10. find some other loli to have cyber yuri with xD

Thanks eclipse, I just found that about 5 mins before checking back on the topic. This really seems to help. Grabbing the story patch too.

Counting the time till I get banned :P

Now how do I take a screenshot of my character?