Do you think that VNTLS is dead and what should be done about it?

Just checking, but did everyone forget that project pages exist, and this was kind of the entire point of them? 

I think the point of this is the summarize every single on going project in one thread to make it easier to know the status of every project.

Err I would like to inform everyone that the tracking system on fuwa doesn't work well at all and I have managed the updates myself for months now. I update every VN page myself every sunday and have done so for a long time. VNTLS being dead is no issue because I don't rely on it and in fact almost never have. I have used the 4chan thread for ages since that was always like one week before VNTLS anyway. Feel free to create a thread for TL updates if you want but the site is continuing to be updated without one.

The mainsite is NOT dependant on VNTLS it is still being updated every week by me.

Err I would like to inform everyone that the tracking system on fuwa doesn't work well at all and I have managed the updates myself for months now. I update every VN page myself every sunday and have done so for a long time. VNTLS being dead is no issue because I don't rely on it and in fact almost never have. I have used the 4chan thread for ages since that was always like one week before VNTLS anyway. Feel free to create a thread for TL updates if you want but the site is continuing to be updated without one.

The mainsite is NOT dependant on VNTLS it is still being updated every week by me.

Sounds good, having the site run independent of VNTLS is a good idea, especially since TinFoil is away now too.

Sounds good, having the site run independent of VNTLS is a good idea, especially since TinFoil is away now too.

I remember I make a topic for that a while ago. Basically we could use the Open source release – the VNTLS’ 4chan scraper Tinfil made, to update our pages. That way we'd get the info directly from the 4chan thread. But we would need some coding to make it work I'd imagine.

Nah. We had a scrapper (well we still have but it's broken and even if it worked as it did before I still wouldn't use it) and it was really annoying to use and very often it didn't fetch the correct percentage (like if something was 50% translated and 20% edited it put it as 20% instead of 50). Sometimes I also add some extra info that isn't on the VNTS thread as well. If a scrapper does it I will still have to go through every updated page to make sure that all info is correct. Which takes just as much time as adding all the updates myself but is way more annoying.

It takes a fair amount of time to check every progress update on the main site, this is just a quicker and simple way to update people every week/month of all the projects, it's not meant to replace old systems.

Think of it as a log, the projects are still on going and have their updates in their threads/pages/sites, this will just be a weekly log to summarize everything for easier tracking for those interested so they don't have to check each one individually.

For me weekly might be too much but every 2 weeks sounds reasonable. Then again we can just rotate people who write the posts so it's not overdoing it. For now they'll be posted weekly on the blog though, seems like a good outlet for this.

If we rotate people, we can have one weekly.  The workload would decrease and I also think it should be shared on the FB page, people asked for updates often didn't they?

If we rotate people, we can have one weekly.  The workload would decrease and I also think it should be shared on the FB page, people asked for updates often didn't they?

They do indeed but i'm not posting the entire thing on fb, if anything i'd link to the vnaer post. But yeah for now weekly will do, it's not really hard either since it's just copy and paste and small editing.