Great Game Music

Clephas

All of you have amazing tastes in music, I agree with a LOT, if not, ALL of them!  >  <

You can say that by listening to music in general, especially Nobuo Uematsu's work, has inspired me to learn the piano. Here are some of my favourite songs and soundtrack, I have many to list (almost unlimited) of good songs so of course I can't make a list of billions, but here's a few of what I like:

Grim Fandango's Soundtrack

Fire Emblem Awakening's Soundtrack (All of the songs, but this one stands out the most)

"Don't Speak Her Name"

My Favourite Castlevania game. I wanted to pick only one song from it, it was hard to choose which one...

"Castlevania: Rondo of Blood -- Stage 1"

My favourite song from an Indie game.

"VVVVVV -- Potential for Anything"

One of my first RPG's, which I grew up with. The soundtrack's badass:

"Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest -- Boss Batle"

Oh boy, where to start... I guess I might go over a few that have stuck with me over the ears (get it, music thread, ears/years, hehe..he...h... I'll go hide in the corner and repent for this awful pun):

Always gives me chills. Christ, this game was scary....

After all the horror...all the fear and running...it finally ended. After completing the game, this song felt so relaxing, so fulfilling....Closure.

I could stay here all night, but I will not flood the thread so here some artists I enjoy, no matter how much time has passed since I played the games:

Daisuke Ishiwatari

Jeremy Soule

Nobuo Uematsu

Simon Viklund

The whole OST of Bayonetta

And many more...

I think I know what games I am forcing upon the Video Game Club next.

Just... yes. Basis for the MGS4 saga theme I believe. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNVCD1dsnJI

Still the best song of the MGS series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

Fuck everything about Way to Fall. I swear to god I didn't cry. I swear. It was just severe allergies. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c

• 5 weeks later...

The Suikoden series is easily the most underrated jrpg series and the least-known amongst modern jrpg fans... but its music still retains the same impact it had fourteen years ago. 

Seriously, if you haven't played this game and are a fan of jrpgs, you are missing out on a massive scale.  I makes most of the crap they put out today pale in comparison.

The Suikoden series is easily the most underrated jrpg series and the least-known amongst modern jrpg fans... but its music still retains the same impact it had fourteen years ago.

Oooh, this is a nice reminder that I never played Suikoden 2. I played 1 and 3, but I always heard that 2 was far and away the best. It was impossible to get for less than a ridiculous sum of money (I recall it being ~$150 on E-Bay) for the longest time, but now it's available for $10 for my Vita? Done. Praise be to downloadable retro gaming. I wasn't planning on bringing my Vita with me on my upcoming trip, but now it's totally along for the ride.

To stay on-topic, you know what I never get tired of? Airship themes:

Bravely Default:

Final Fantasy VI:

Chrono Trigger: