Great Game Music

Clephas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Speaking of Mitsuda, I just realized a few days ago that the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 OST came out fairly recently. I loved everything about the game, and the soundtrack was an integral part of the experience. Sadly, it's way better in the context of the game than it is for standalone listening, but it's still got some amazing stuff that takes my breath away to listen to.

0:56 is fucking magic, as is the guitar solo around 3:25. 3:47 also kicks my ass.

The only unfortunate thing about this soundtrack is that the song titles got a lot of Engrish translations, which is especially disappointing given how phenomenal the game's translation was.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a lot of good soundtracks for video games.

I grow up on fantasy soundtracks from Heroes of Might & Magic 3, Baldurs Gate or Planescape Torment

But in recent years I started to listen more cyberpunk soundtracks. These from the Deus Ex games are superb for me.

What do you think about them?:)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the opening for Tales of Phantasia PSX version which I did play that several years ago. Enjoy.

PS - Also to note that the SNES opening did also have the vocal song, in which it's quite an accomplishment seeing that back at 1995 it widely accepted that it would be impossible to add vocal song into the cartridge. As for PSX opening here, you can say that it's should be iconic because it's the localized PSX JRPG (Unofficial though) with Japanese vocal song, which is a big deal more than it sounds because back then many localized JRPG for PS1 did cut the vocal and change it to instrumental - Tales series were the one who suffer from that policy.

Edited by littleshogun

11 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Here's the opening for Tales of Phantasia PSX version which I did play that several years ago. Enjoy.

PS - Also to note that the SNES opening did also have the vocal song, in which it's quite an accomplishment seeing that back at 1995 it widely accepted that it would be impossible to add vocal song into the cartridge. As for PSX opening here, you can say that it's should be iconic because it's the localized PSX JRPG (Unofficial though) with Japanese vocal song, which is a big deal more than it sounds because back then many localized JRPG for PS1 did cut the vocal and change it to instrumental - Tales series were the one who suffer from that policy.

This was great to hear, thanks for sharing ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This is my childhood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4VTq0sa9yg

The Kingdom Hearts series I find a rich source of soundtracks to listen to while studying. If I had to choose one other than "Dearly Beloved" or "Xion's Theme," I would choose Ven's theme. :)

Hmmm... Now that I think about it, almost every character theme is great. Give the others a try, too.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Here's one soundtrack from Atelier Ayesha that I keep remembering recently, and enjoy.

PS - Currently I play Ayesha and I'm about to enter the ending (Already defeated the final boss), although I still don't know though whether I'll continue to Escha & Logy or trying to replay Ayesha again considering that I feel that I can do it much better earlier.

Edited by littleshogun

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...