Well, Hello there.

qberty

Oh hai.

I'm qberty. (kyew-berty).

I lurk over these forums quite a bit and decided to register to chat it out with all of you. I'm sure everyone here is more knowledge-able about visual novels than I could ever be (though I've been playing them since I was 13). Being a little older now, I still can't seem to shake liking for visual novels. It's probably because I have no friends in real life. xD

I'm also the developer and owner of the 0m3ga Visual Novel Engine! Which can be used to create your OWN VN's or translate existing ones with ease!

I think my first visual novel was X-change 3. LOL. I knew about the first and the second, but just like any 13 year old reading the last page of a book, I wanted to know how rich the content could get after that many sequels. To my amazement, after spending over a week reading it, one of the end routes made me feel an emotion i'd never had experienced before... and now I like cats.

I figured it was kind of childish to still like VN's after so long, but i'm sure you all understand WHY. Gosh.

So now, I come to you with the most cliche question of any forum thread, but with a twist.

What Visual Novels WOULDN'T you recommend?

Also, What are some VN's that have special properties that make them a little different. x-change had the boy changing into a girl, School days had the severe deaths, princess waltz has a built-in cheesy card game, Da Capo having it's twisted italian title reference to it's back-story etc...

Oh, and thanks for having me here :)/>

hey qberty~ Welcome to fuwanovel! *adds more party popper and champagne here*

As I've said earlier, here's your first friend request :lol:

Sadly to say, I haven't played enough VNs to be able to answer your question. That's because so far I've enjoyed the VNs that I've played :P

hey qberty~ Welcome to fuwanovel! *adds more party popper and champagne here*

As I've said earlier, here's your first friend request :lol:/>

Sadly to say, I haven't played enough VNs to be able to answer your question. That's because so far I've enjoyed the VNs that I've played :P/>

Wicked. First friend! :)

Least favourite?

welcome to the forum qberty, I indeed understand the attachment for VN, which may be akin to one's attachment to other hobbies~

As to answer your questions, it really depends on what you DON'T like, hate or even detest. I am a person that doesn't really hate anything but yaoi or futanari (if you know what these are) so I'll pretty much recommend every VN that do not have these~

And for the second one, every VN have a cliche plot or settings in them and also a unique properties that only they have, like how KEY do their VN or how Type-Moon do it. A publisher may even have several VN that have nothing in common with one another (though that's rare). What I'm saying is that every VN would have these "little difference", it's what make us want to play them all.

In the end though, if I have to recommend VN I wouldn't play, it would be the ones classified as Nukige as they have no real plot

Wicked. First friend! :)/>

Least favourite?

I really played not that many VNs, and I liked the ones I've played. So instead, im going to state the types of VNs I don't like.

Mostly BL games, futanari is also not my kind, i've no grudges against otome games but I still would not play them unless the story is really good.

Some people might not like moeges and nukiges, but if it contains good comedy elements or likeable characters, I would play it. The level of Japanese isn't that heavy either ^^

In the end though, if I have to recommend VN I wouldn't play, it would be the ones classified as Nukige as they have no real plot

Thanks for the welcome! And yeah VN's with no plot make me cry.

Mostly BL games, futanari is also not my kind, i've no grudges against otome games but I still would not play them unless the story is really good.

GASP! You are special.

qberty you forgot to mention vnengine? http://vnengine.com/

Oops, Just edited the OP. Thanks! ;)

Hey qberty! Nice seeing you around here finally. Your Omega VNengine is really awesome; it's easy to get started with the simplistic commands. Hope this goes really far in Android VN making :)

Hmm, about what VNs to avoid... anything guro is a no-no for me. Horror is still acceptable though, but usually these two things always come together :3

Hey qberty! Nice seeing you around here finally. Your Omega VNengine is really awesome; it's easy to get started with the simplistic commands. Hope this goes really far in Android VN making :)/>

Hmm, about what VNs to avoid... anything guro is a no-no for me. Horror is still acceptable though, but usually these two things always come together :3

Thanks!

hmm..have any VN's in that Genre?

I'm a little obsessed with Corpse Party. At least the first one. xD

Hello and welcome! Your vnengine looks good, especially as i just upgraded to a HTC phone recently. I have nothing to anti-recommend since everything i've finished so far is decent at least. My least favourite of all is Mirai no Kimi to, Subete no Uta ni (not that it's bad but it's just meh whatever) but i don't think non-vocaloid fans would play it anyway.

Thanks!

hmm..have any VN's in that Genre?

I'm a little obsessed with Corpse Party. At least the first one. xD

As far as horror VNs are concerned, Saya no Uta and Tsukihime are probably the most famous. If you have a DS (well actually if you have a decent computer you can emulate DS perfectly well with the desmume emulator), 999: 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors is a puzzle game VN with horror elements too. I just threw out the horror ones i have played, not sure about your played-list.

Hello and welcome! Your vnengine looks good, especially as i just upgraded to a HTC phone recently. I have nothing to anti-recommend since everything i've finished so far is decent at least. My least favourite of all is Mirai no Kimi to, Subete no Uta ni (not that it's bad but it's just meh whatever) but i don't think non-vocaloid fans would play it anyway.

As far as horror VNs are concerned, Saya no Uta and Tsukihime are probably the most famous. If you have a DS (well actually if you have a decent computer you can emulate DS perfectly well with the desmume emulator), 999: 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors is a puzzle game VN with horror elements too. I just threw out the horror ones i have played, not sure about your played-list.

Thanks! I'll definitely check them out :)

Come to think of it, another really awesome horror VN on the NDS is Nanashi no Game. It has an English patch so try it out for a really scary experience.

Also, Corpse Party has a remake based on the PC98 version, you should try it out if you haven't already: http://www.memoriesoffear.com/games_corpsepartypc98/index.html

I don't really have a DS on me at the moment, so i'm strictly stuck to PSP, Vita, PS3, Windows, and Android.

Yeah i've played all the Corpse Party I was able to get my hands on :/

Oh hai.

I lurk over these forums quite a bit and decided to register to chat it out with all of you. I'm sure everyone here is more knowledge-able about visual novels than I could ever be (though I've been playing them since I was 13). Being a little older now, I still can't seem to shake liking for visual novels. It's probably because I have no friends in real life. xD

I'm also the developer and owner of the 0m3ga Visual Novel Engine! Which can be used to create your OWN VN's or translate existing ones with ease!

I think my first visual novel was X-change 3. LOL. I knew about the first and the second, but just like any 13 year old reading the last page of a book, I wanted to know how rich the content could get after that many sequels. To my amazement, after spending over a week reading it, one of the end routes made me feel an emotion i'd never had experienced before... and now I like cats.

I figured it was kind of childish to still like VN's after so long, but i'm sure you all understand WHY. Gosh.

So now, I come to you with the most cliche question of any forum thread, but with a twist.

Also, What are some VN's that have special properties that make them a little different. x-change had the boy changing into a girl, School days had the severe deaths, princess waltz has a built-in cheesy card game, Da Capo having it's twisted italian title reference to it's back-story etc...

Oh, and thanks for having me here :)/>/>/>

Hey there qberty WELCOME to Fuwanovel.

If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask.

lol Im over 40 and still love Visual Novels, I think youll find everyone here feels the same way lol.

As for VN's I wouldnt recommend hmm, I cant say either. Everyone has different tastes.

Oh hai.

Oh, and thanks for having me here :)/>/>

Welcome!

I find it more childish to be immersed in football than vn's imo :P But it's all a matter of taste :)

You found vn's pretty early in life! I just started a few years back. Well I guess my first VN was monkey island 2, not japanese or ero tho lol (I was age 7)

Welcome!

I find it more childish to be immersed in football than vn's imo :P/> But it's all a matter of taste :)/>

You found vn's pretty early in life! I just started a few years back. Well I guess my first VN was monkey island 2, not japanese or ero tho lol (I was age 7)

7 years old!? That's insane!

.... Saya no Uta and Tsukihime are probably the most famous. If you have a DS (well actually if you have a decent computer you can emulate DS perfectly well with the desmume emulator), 999: 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors is a puzzle game VN with horror elements too. I just threw out the horror ones i have played, not sure about your played-list.

I know it's and old game but. Saya no Uta. Wow. Finishing it up now.... Thank you VERY much my good sir. I would be absolutely thrilled if anyone had more guro style VN's. Disgusting.

*Oh and sorry for the double post, a normal bump would look weird*