clannad ported to ps vita this summer

krill

That's nice, but what we really need is a translated port. Clannad is pretty well known as an anime so having an officially translated port for Vita would be a good introduction to VNs for fans who didn't know the origins of Clannad.

Heh, will it have better art? No? Still not interested in reading Clannad then :P

The art initially put me off reading it too but I'm glad I did, after a while I never really noticed the weird proportions, ridiculously pointed chins and miniature-triangle noses. Too busy laughing at Sunohara or crying at Ibuki's wedding. Still one of the most heartwrenching moments in my anime life. T_T

Heh, will it have better art? No? Still not interested in reading Clannad then :P

.................. :o :o :o :o :o

I'm shocked... you are not reading Clannad just because of the art? Compared to Kanon art it's 10 times better, and needless to say, Clannad is a masterpiece. I've never read such a good story. Maefdomn, don't harm the puppies!

Key's games are huge, but are worth it. Well, honestly, I've only watched the Clannad anime which has somewhat better art than the VN. I've thought about going back and reading the VN but I've already seen the anime, and from all accounts while it may not be better, it's not really any worse either and is a good way to experience the story. I just have no reason to read the VN anymore. However, the Clannad art isn't so bad that it's a reason to not read it. I can understand that viewpoint if you're talking about Kanon or Air, but Clannad is acceptable. It will have to be if you want to get the upcoming vita version, because despite claims of improved graphics, the art is identical. Compare this with this. I have a feeling that by "improved graphics" they just mean "16:9 resolution". And of course to achieve that they just crop out the top and bottom of all the backgrounds. "improved"