Is there a true route in Rewrite?

AMMSY

I'm at the middle of Chizuru route, and started to wonder...

According to the walkthrough there are 3 "bonus endings", but is there a true route? Like Clannad where the true route was Nagisa.. right? Is Kotori route is the true route like that?

Is "Moon" like the "After Story" of Clannad? 

I know I'm getting a head of myself, just got a bit too curios about all this :S

Now then, the award winning question;

Is it worth getting through the VN for Moon and Terra alone?

Borderline worth it.  The Moon route is incomprehensible without the heroine routes, and the Terra route is based off of the end of the Moon route.  However, some of the heroine routes are downright painful to read, at least in Japanese.

As has been said, Moon and Terra are the true routes. Moon unlocking after completing all the heroine routes, then Terra after Moon. Rewrite is my favourite VN so I don't really have anything bad to say about it, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I enjoyed all the heroine routes, some more than others but each of them were engrossing and emotionally charged. I also liked Moon despite it's technicality, my first time through it did have my head spinning at times but subsequent readings made it easier to understand and thus, enjoy. It's worth trying to understand Moon, I don't recommend skimming through it. Terra is quite different from the previous routes and it is good in it's own right. Hope you enjoy it at least half as much as I did. ^^

Now then, the award winning question;

Is it worth getting through the VN for Moon and Terra alone?

If you ask me heroine routes are far better than Terra. Terra route is worst in my opinion but it doesn't affect enjoyment of other routes.

Okay, rather than saying the characters you cared about, I'll say the characters that they spent the entire rest of the game developing were left out. The whole thing was really odd, I thought. I probably shouldn't say any more in fear of spoilers.

edit: Okay I'm so spoiler paranoid I'll just put this whole post in a spoiler tag, sorry.

Okay, rather than saying the characters you cared about, I'll say the characters that they spent the entire rest of the game developing were left out. The whole thing was really odd, I thought. I probably shouldn't say any more in fear of spoilers.

edit: Okay I'm so spoiler paranoid I'll just put this whole post in a spoiler tag, sorry.

How you put it doesn't really  change anything it still all depends on how you look at a story.

Given the fact there is Kotori,Lucia and Akane route, I don't really think this is pointless.

Borderline worth it.  The Moon route is incomprehensible without the heroine routes, and the Terra route is based off of the end of the Moon route.  However, some of the heroine routes are downright painful to read, at least in Japanese.

If you ask me heroine routes are far better than Terra. Terra route is worst in my opinion but it doesn't affect enjoyment of other routes.

See? Mixed opinions. Mixed opinions everywhere.

Well I kinda dropped Rewrite during my last route, Shizuru. So far I personally dislike 3 of 5 routes, and am only fond of one. Is it still possible for me to like Moon and Terra even then? I don't wanna feel like I've wasted my time...  -_-

Well I kinda dropped Rewrite during my last route, Shizuru. So far I personally dislike 3 of 5 routes, and am only fond of one. Is it still possible for me to like Moon and Terra even then? I don't wanna feel like I've wasted my time...  -_-

Well as you said there is lot of mixed opinions here so I don't know if my opinion will be of any use to you but I will give it anyway.

Chihaya Route 10/10

Lucia Route 9/10

Akane Route 9/10

Shizuru Route 7/10

Kotori Route 6/10

Moon 9/10

Terra 4/10

Overwall 10/10 because I am very hard on giving a VN or Anime a 10 so if even just one route deserves a 10 in my opinion I will give that VN a 10 even if other routes aren't as good. True in most VNs routes don't have such big difference in quality as Rewrite does. My guess is that Key has made such big differences in routes so it can appeal to a wider audience.

PS: Also I see that you have given a Rewrite 7/10 and I really don't think you should be dropping something that you have rated high as 7, 7 means that you find it really good.

Yes. they're both different from any of the routes, especially Moon. Hell, I hate one route (Chihaya) and dislike another (Shizuru) and still think this is one of the best translated VNs out there.

Moon and Terra have a bigger and grander message, way bigger scope, and is just way better written than anything else in the game. It's basically WHY you play the game.

Shizuru and Chihayas routes were both so awful I don't know how I made it through them. Shimokura should be fired and never be allowed to write.

Well as you said there is lot of mixed opinions here so I don't know if my opinion will be of any use to you but I will give it anyway.

Chihaya Route 10/10

Lucia Route 9/10

Akane Route 9/10

Shizuru Route 7/10

Kotori Route 6/10

Moon 9/10

Terra 4/10

Overwall 10/10 because I am very hard on giving a VN or Anime a 10 so if even just one route deserves a 10 in my opinion I will give that VN a 10 even if other routes aren't as good. True in most VNs routes don't have such big difference in quality as Rewrite does. My guess is that Key has made such big differences in routes so it can appeal to a wider audience.

PS: Also I see that you have given a Rewrite 7/10 and I really don't think you should be dropping something that you have rated high as 7, 7 means that you find it really good.

Good point. I'll drop it down a notch.

I mostly agree though I'd personally put Chihaya as my least favorite, I'd give it a 4 or 5. Supposedly, the inconsistency mainly comes from the different writers. This is why I'm a bit concerned on going for Moon and Terra.

Yes. they're both different from any of the routes, especially Moon. Hell, I hate one route (Chihaya) and dislike another (Shizuru) and still think this is one of the best translated VNs out there.

Shizuru and Chihayas routes were both so awful I don't know how I made it through them. Shimokura should be fired and never be allowed to write.

You guys are making it hard for me to finish the Shizuru's route. Can I just Ctrl my way through most of it?

The Shizuru route doesn't have any real important plot points, you could probably skip most of it and not really miss anything to be honest. The most important part of it is how you get to know Guardian better as an organization, but you'll be learning plenty about them later anyways. The routes with the most relevant plot details are probably Kotori and Akane. Kotori explains a lot about Kotarou's character and Akane gives a lot of explanation about Gaia, the various factions within it, their motivations, the nature of the key, etc.