Anyone Interested in Making a Visual Novel With Me?

Ricebunnii

Hi, 

I would like to start a serious side project (making a visual novel).  I have experience with this.  I need someone who is confident in their artistic abilities and is willing to donate time and commitment.  I will be writing and coding the novel.    I am passionate about writing and I need someone who is passionate about drawing.  If you would like to read some of my work I can send you a link.  I think this could be really great and fun.  No rush as there is no due date, although I would like to complete this project so commitment is a must.  This is non-profit.  However if it comes out exceptionally well I am willing to try to make a few dollars, which we will split of course. This is unlikely to happen though as I view this as a side project of fulfillment and enjoyment rather than a way to make money.  I am open to story ideas, and would prefer we work on the whole thing together as a team. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to speak your part. 

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

-Rachel

i can do some art if you need it but i dont do digital i draw freehand and scan it in to the computer. theres a links to some examples in my profile here. let me know if your interested.

I see you're a fan of Jonan Vasquez? You're art is pretty nice. I'm sure if you scanned it and then colored it in gimp or photoshop then it would be suitable for such a project.

So you want to work on a community-driven project, much like Katawa Shoujo? It's definitely possible, but you're going to need more than just yourself and an artist. Additionally, do not say you can code it unless you actually know how to code. I assume you're going to be using an engine like Ren'py. Much easier than coding from scratch, but you would still need someone to test for bugs. I think you're forgetting something important though: music. Who will write your music?

I wish you good luck. if I can be of any assistance, feel free to PM me.

It's not an easy task to create a VN, you will need a motivated team and a good sense of organization!

Still, I wish you best of luck with your project!

I can't participate on your project 'cause I'm already very busy with mine, but if you need advices, I'd be glad to help!

I'd love to help out, would you be using Ren'Py for it?

I'm primarily used to artwork side of things, retouching, coloring and designing but I'd love to see what the general gist of the story is and put in my opinion if you'd be willing to hear it.

I see you're a fan of Jonan Vasquez? You're art is pretty nice. I'm sure if you scanned it and then colored it in gimp or photoshop then it would be suitable for such a project.

So you want to work on a community-driven project, much like Katawa Shoujo? It's definitely possible, but you're going to need more than just yourself and an artist. Additionally, do not say you can code it unless you actually know how to code. I assume you're going to be using an engine like Ren'py. Much easier than coding from scratch, but you would still need someone to test for bugs. I think you're forgetting something important though: music. Who will write your music?

I wish you good luck. if I can be of any assistance, feel free to PM me.

yes vasquez is a huge inspiration to me. when his first issue of jthm came out i bought it on a whim from my local comic shop and been a huge fan ever since.

Would not mind dropping in and out for some artwork stuff. I have been drawing for 5 months now. I mainly draw with my graphics tablet!

Recently made a blog, you can check out some of my stuff here: http://khoahuaart.blogspot.com.au/

Wow, you can draw that well with just 5 months of work?! I might just snatch you up myself! XD (Not seriously, although I really like your drawings)

Making a VN is a lot of work... it is debatable if it is more work than translating one, lol.  It depends on how fast and good your writers, artists, and programmers are.  A good and prolific writer can do the equivalent of a three hundred page novel in the space of three months, even if they only use an hour or so a day to do so.  However, it also needs to be edited for grammar mistakes, then checked over by the author to see if the edit messed up anything.  Most average-size VNs are the equivalent of such a novel in actual writing terms, so it would probably take about five months for the writing part to be done for a novel of that size for someone not doing it as a full-time job (incidentally, I'm going by my writing speed).  For the art parts... you'd have to ask your artist.  Every artist has their own speed and style, and the need for the artist and the writer to coordinate on which scenes get a picture and which just have tachie will slow things down beyond the artist's actual drawing time.  The last stage, that of programming... is dependent on whether you'll use a pre-made engine like ren'py.  I have no way to estimate that, as I don't even have minimal programming skills.

Hi, 

I would like to start a serious side project (making a visual novel).  I have experience with this.  I need someone who is confident in their artistic abilities and is willing to donate time and commitment.  I will be writing and coding the novel.    I am passionate about writing and I need someone who is passionate about drawing.  If you would like to read some of my work I can send you a link.  I think this could be really great and fun.  No rush as there is no due date, although I would like to complete this project so commitment is a must.  This is non-profit.  However if it comes out exceptionally well I am willing to try to make a few dollars, which we will split of course. This is unlikely to happen though as I view this as a side project of fulfillment and enjoyment rather than a way to make money.  I am open to story ideas, and would prefer we work on the whole thing together as a team. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to speak your part. 

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

-Rachel

plsrespond