Ef - A fairy tale of the two Lite [No sound]

Kimanor

So, I recently downloaded Ef, fairy tale of the two lite from a non-fuwanovel source, and discovered it without sound. After doing some web searching for a solution, I found a brief statement that the prologue/menu is supposed to be without audio. However, I am now into chapter one, and I have yet to encounter and music, voice acting, sounds, ect. 

Chapter one as in I am playing as Hito, and I have left the church, running into some girl who has anger issues.

I tried several things to solve it:

-I went to the in-game options panel, and pressed a test audio button (Which played no audio) for each setting

-I extracted bg2 and bg3 (containing what looks like bgm files), however nothing resulted in this, apart from my folder being crammed (I later deleted that and re installed a new copy).

-Re installed the game using the same files/installer.

-I did not touch the s2 and s3 files. (s2, s3, bg2, and bg3 were all compressed into their respective folders upon installation of the game.)

So yeah. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. This vn looks good so far and I don't want to play it without audio unless I absolutely have no other choice.

Side note: The updater client doesn't work either. Status code: 404 (Cannot download files, files not found)

Temporary Fix here: I put the entire EF folder into c drive. Suddenly everything works smoothly. HOWEVER. Do not press backspace aka the boss key. I pressed it accidentally and suddenly it broke again.

Thus, despite the temporary fix, I still need help.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/1742-ef-a-fairy-tale-of-the-two/

not sure what is wrong with yours but check that topic.

the link he gives works and has no problems what so ever.

its that iam lazy and iam just giving you a run-away option from your current problem.

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I do not have access to torrents. I have found another download from a different website and I can only hope it works. The only issue it that the download will take much longer than the original.

EDIT: Putting the entire EF folder into my c drive fixed it.

EDIT EDIT: And it's broken again.

The final edit: There is seemly no solution to this problem. I guess I will have to ignore the backspace key.

• 1 year later...

I have found a solution to both problems.  Sorry its a year late.  The backspace key hides the game and audio.  It places a Tray icon for the game so you just need to right click it and select "Restore Application".  You then need to go into your volume mixer and restore the individual game volume.  Hiding the game zeros out the games volume via the mixer rather than muting it in game.