Mellow's art contest.

MellowMadman11

The rules are simple:

1. The contest shall be set up in a tournament style. Each round a general subject shall be given and participants must create their own interpretation of the subject.

2. The contest shall be judged by me and 1 other member of the forums. We will be judging entries based on creativity within the constraints of the particular subject as apposed to artistic skill. This means that you have a fair chance of winning even if you aren't good at drawing.

3. Each round participants will be eliminated until we only have three left, at which point they will be competing for their choice of the three available prizes.

I'am liking the results already.

I work nights during the week and sleep during the day, so each round will start on Saturday night, central US time. 

So tonight i'll announce the preliminary winner and give you all the first subject.

Are you all ready? 

Very nice work everyone!

Costumed catgirl loli, Invader Zim-esque drawing, Fuuko, ect, I would take them all home with me.

But there can only be one... and that one is... Chocolat! (flying fish) :)

I'll pm you later to get the details.

Now for the actual contest.

Mmmm... boiled bananas and hard-boiled eggs.

Anyway, subject, yeah...

Make an 8 or 16 bit video game character. ( bonus points if they are doing a cool pose)

ok due to health reasons i haven't done much on this but i did do a submission im goona upload sorry if its a lot crappier then normal (since deadline was extended i spent the last couple hours taking a second shot at it, this time one male and one female lead characters the idea would be a action/mystery game)

img011_zps628e6f49.jpg.

1o7st0.jpg

THE FOUR GREATEST SPACE FIGHTERS IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!

The Vic-Viper (Blue), the Lord British (Red), the Jade Knight (Green), and the Fachion Beta (Purple)

Use Hollow Squares to give the impression of Bit-art even when drawing in such a high resolution. Makes it so that each "pixel" is visible. just like the old days.

and what says "old school" like Pallet swaps. We all know Ken and Ryu, Scorpion and Sub-Zero, Mario and Luigi. The Gradius Space-fighters are no exception.

The space backdrop done in a normal resolution to contrast, and I think it looks pretty good.

Additional props go to mellow for getting by brain going. Taking concepts from someone like this contest really forces me to think outside my element. I'd never draw something like this on my own.

All that said, sorry for all this writing. Its sorta a habit of mine to to fill up that little description box when I upload my work. guess it carried over here

Wink, that is really cool! Send one to me please!

So since the number of actual entries was...low, None of the people who posted will be eliminated this round.

For those of you who have yet to post, if you submit an entry before this Sunday along with your drawing for the next subject i'll judge yours against the other entries and you may move on to the next round

...maybe,

The topic for the second round is to draw what the world looks like through the eyes of a loli.

:)