Mellow's art contest.

MellowMadman11

70e39b699a.png

Memory's are something to be remembered no matter how cruel they might be.

Even if it is the death of a loved one or the despair at ones door to tell the result.

The only thing we can do is move on and remember who they once were.

For anything that has happened can never be redone.

Mellow likes yanderes, But seriously, I promise you all that from here on this contest will be a weekly round only. Regardless of what happens, even if Mellow is in the middle of something huge, next Sunday the next topic goes up and people will mysteriously disappear from the contest.

I apologize to all you lovely people for the delay. 

Well, it's that time again... finally.

Looks like a few are going to be disqualified for not posting anything for 3 weeks this time.

(Mellow himself would be disqualified for not changing the topic for 3 weeks, but he can't be disqualified)

Next topic is: make something that expresses what art means to you.

This time you only get till next Sunday to post something.

This one will take some extra explaining, but oh well.

2NvKE58.jpg

Art to me is taking an idea that exists in your mind and recreating it in the real world. Whether it's a joke, a story, or a simple drawing, as soon as you create it in a visible form and share it with other people. It's taking your ideal version of something and giving it life.

So going along with that idea, I considered the theme of the forum and drew what I would consider to be my ideal VN heroine. Well, in terms of looks, at least. My favorite personality traits wouldn't fit into a single picture. But the idea here is that I thought, "Hey, what if I could create a girl with short, light hair, different-colored eyes, and striped thigh-highs?" and created it in a visible form. By taking even that simple checklist of thoughts on the ideal heroine and combining them to form an image, I've created a piece of art. And I think that's the most interesting part of all of this, is seeing what goes on in other people's minds. That's why even if it's just a simple drawing of a girl, it still symbolizes what art is to me.

It took me some times, but here's mine:

door0001.jpg

For me, art is both a way to express yourself without words (in visual art at least) and the creation of your own world. So, the character is drawing a door which will leads him/her to another world, which is an expression of his/herself without any words.

oh this was a hard one for me , art to me is a means of releasing stress in a non violent way and getting my emotions out. my schizoaffective disorder makes emotions very hard to deal with and understand for me so when they build up and are added to stress it often makes me lash out in violent and unpredictable ways so drawing lets me safely let those out with out hurting others in a creative way. 

please pardon the scan cutting the labels at the top of the piece off as im in a rush leaving for vacation with my family for 2 weeks and with a 2 year old thats some crazy business. so i barely finished the drawing in time and have no time messing with re-scans. the say from left to right  "stress, release, serenity"

the center fore ground is a self portrait and the left background panel are symbols of my stress, people, my brain, meds, family, housing, money , chores, my son, bills,time. then the center panel is me bleeding the emotions and stress on to the paper represented bu slashing my wrist with a pen and the blood turning to ink on the page. and the right panel shows a cemetery on a rainy night. a scene where i feel most peaceful and serene. thank you ill be on vacation for 2 weeks but am not dropping out ill submit from my family's home in Baltimore.

what_is_art_by_yanderekrill-d7rhf6h.jpg

3. Each round participants will be eliminated until we only have three left, at which point they will be competing for their choice of the three available prizes.

shouldn't we be just having the final competition for prize order at this point?

If that is what you want, that is what you shall get.

But be prepared for this.

So it's just Krill, suikashoujo, and chocolat... hehehe... good.

I'll post the final topic tomorrow night since I wasn't expecting it so soon. you'll get 2 weeks to do it since it will be a much more difficult task than the previous ones.