Mellow's art contest.

MellowMadman11

This is shaping up to be something of an endurance match, where only those who dont post are eliminated. Will there eventually come a time where someone is eliminated despite prodicing a piece? Where someone's peice is thought not to express the topic well enough?

Though its a scary thought to provoke, but honestly, its what I expected with the word "elimination"

~text~

did you really make a new account just to say that?

also WinkBlinkel and emi are out.

well its according to removing 2 per round even thought you did not have to do anything this round just say good job.

This time I did a more traditional drawing with paper and pencil, then came up with a bit of a backstory.

nHFhiAu.jpg

The girl started off happy. She had finally managed to confess her feelings to her childhood friend, and they had become an inseparable couple. But one day there was an accident while the two of them were out on a date, and she watched the one she loved most in the world die before her eyes. It came as a huge shock to her, and the girl ended up falling into a deep depression.

Her condition continued to get worse and worse- no matter what she did, she couldn't move on from what happened that day. When she reached her limit and decided she couldn't take anymore, she went to the train station where she had lost her lover and jumped in front of the 4:00 train, praying that she could finally find him again in death.

A week later, she woke up in a hospital bed. She was missing an arm and an eye, her body was wrapped in bandages, and she couldn't feel her legs anymore, but she was undoubtedly alive.

Tears rolled down her face. "I'm sorry," she whispered, using all of her strength. "I still couldn't meet you..."

Here's mine. Fun fact: my mom works in a museum, so she's used to pictures which showing people dying and stuff. But when I show her my drawing, she's started complaining that it was horrible and that I was mad of drawing such things...

jeanne_d_arc0001.jpg

For the back story: A girl takes the place of her twin sister, who is accused to be a witch, on the stake.

During her last moments, she thinks of her sister, wishing her happiness, but also of her lover who she left behind, making her pour a tear. 

untitled_by_yanderekrill-d7oehyd.jpg

who is evil ernie?

"Ernest Fairchild is the root or core of Evil Ernie. Ernest Fairchild was a young boy who possessed supernatural powers to sketch scenes, which would later come to pass. Ernie originally had an enjoyable life, but things started to turn sour when his father became the town pariah when his superiors at the local lumber yard forced him to lay off many workers. Mr. Fairchild began to drink heavily and killed Ernest's pet rat, Smiley, in an inebriated fit of anger. This enraged Ernest and led to him drawing a picture of a car crashing into a tree. It just so happened that his mother was driving over to a local bar to pick up her husband while he was drawing this and ended up crashing into a tree just like in Ernest's sketch. In addition to suffering numerous injuries, she had a miscarriage of the fetus she was carrying, which caused her to slip into an abusive psychosis matching her husband's.

As his parents abused him, Ernest's powers developed further to where he could hear the thoughts of those around him and he discovered that many of his neighbors knew that he was being battered by his parents, but did nothing to help him. Either they had lost their jobs at the lumber yard and were too bitter to care or they still had their jobs, but were too afraid of losing them if they confronted his father.

Ernest's parents sought to "cure" him of his abilities and brought him to Dr. Leonard Price, who had been working on a behavioral therapy device dubbed the Dream Probe. Price, not knowing about the abuse Ernest was suffering, submitted him to his device, which sent him to the Endless Graveyard, where he met Lady Death. There, she offered to give him the love he so desperately desired if he killed everything on Earth. Once the treatment was over, Ernest pretended to be cured and went home with his parents, only to murder them the next morning along with thirty-five others before he was shot by Doctor Price, who had come to check in on him.

After this time he was incarcerated in a mental asylum, under the observation of Doctor Price, who blamed himself for Ernest's murder spree and vowed to make sure it never happened again. Doctor Price lost hope for Fairchild early on, but then a young female doctor named Mary Young invented a process of altering one's mind known as Neurotech. Despite Price's protests, he was submitted to the Neurotech device. During the treatment, Lady Death used her telepathic link with Ernest to cause the machine to explode, killing Ernest. When a nurse placed a smiley face pin intended to be a gift upon his release next to his corpse, Lady Death used it as a conduit for her arcane energy, transforming Ernest into the powerful, undead monster that would be known as Evil Ernie.

Evil Ernie hereafter, along with his partner 'Smiley' (A psychotic smiley badge, which was once his pet rat) set about to cause 'Megadeath', which involved setting all of the USA's nuclear plethora on the rest of the world, so the rest of the world fires on itself (a sort of domino effect). Ernie sets to accomplish this by creating an army of zombies known as 'Dead onez'. Various adventures ensue, including a trip back to his past to confront his parents about their ill treatment of him, and a trip to hell to rebuke Pagan (the court jester of hell) for having Lady Death cast out into the void by Satan.

The culmination of Ernie's efforts amount to him causing Megadeath by causing the rest of the world to fire on itself with nuclear warheads from other various countries. Elsewhere the world has been earlier obliterated by nuclear strikes from various countries. Evil Ernie ends his life in a duel with Dr. Price, and in the last moment before the missiles hit, Ernie overpowers Price and turns him into a Dead One, exclaiming: Do you see it now? To which Price replies I see it, it's beau- Hereafter, both are dead. The very last scene is one of a mushroom cloud behind the survivors, bearing a facade of Ernie's face, grinning maniacally."

summary shamelessly stolen from wikipedia

Oh my... did you take that as a harsh critique?

i never meant it like that. I simply thought I knew where the inspiration came from :_;

No , i meant Brutal = cool haha . I never heard of cookie clicker. Your work is pretty nice, i suck at digital ....

Oh.....

well, digital is nothing special. It it takes a bit extra learning. How to manipulate brush properties to replicate real tool. Learning to adapt to the comparitively low levels friction compared to graphite-on-paper. Its nothing you can't drill into your brain with a month's time. Id say analog is much more impressive.

mellow if your still fine with waiting like a day

so i can try and find some time to actaully do a drawing.

i had lots and lots of stuff to do appointments and such.

Don't worry, you all still have till Sunday my time to draw something for this topic if you haven't already.

just saying but you say 1 week 1 challenge or something but its more like 1 week = 2 weeks atm.

or is everything just gonna be according to your whims?

(drawing is almost done)

just saying but you say 1 week 1 challenge or something but its more like 1 week = 2 weeks atm.

or is everything just gonna be according to your whims?

(drawing is almost done)

the mellow madman is a most mercurial fellow also he never stays in his damn pokeball