TWGOK Ending *SPOILERS*

monkeysrumble

So The World God Only Knows manga has finally reached a close. I was wondering what the forum thought of the ending.

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed. I found the announcement for ending to be rather sudden so I was wondering how the mangaka was going to end it. The last 3 chapters were something that was extremely rushed and did not feel satisfying in the least. Chihiro was one of my least favorite heroines but I don't mind that Keima chose her. I think every other heroine in the series was pretty much neglected of an actual ending because of it though. I wish the whole Elsie as the final boss thing was more fleshed out instead of just being crammed into a single chapter.

Overall I think that the mangaka sort of abandoned ship right at the end and just wrote an ending just to get it done. Not the worst ending in the world though.

So The World God Only Knows manga has finally reached a close. I was wondering what the forum thought of the ending.

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed. I found the announcement for ending to be rather sudden so I was wondering how the mangaka was going to end it. The last 3 chapters were something that was extremely rushed and did not feel satisfying in the least. Chihiro was one of my least favorite heroines but I don't mind that Keima chose her. I think every other heroine in the series was pretty much neglected of an actual ending because of it though. I wish the whole Elsie as the final boss thing was more fleshed out instead of just being crammed into a single chapter.

Overall I think that the mangaka sort of abandoned ship right at the end and just wrote an ending just to get it done. Not the worst ending in the world though.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Pretty much agree with everything there.

disappointing yes,i was expecting something like Keima confessing to every single girl and come up with some crazy reason for doing it. Come on he is the Capturing God D:,the ending was too bland coming from him. It was kind of sad seeing Dokurou and Tenri crying and the others acting all depressed :s

The ending felt a bit rushed yeah.

As for Chihiro, she's not my favorite heroine, but somehow I can understand why the author chose her, she was the only heroine to have a special relationship with Keima that didn't involve the goddess stuff (at least not directly). I mean, she was the only one who didn't remember Keima, but still fell in love with him again, without having some lingering feelings from the past.

And when you think about it, she's the only girl where Keima had mitigated results while "conquesting" (he nearly fails the first time, and the second time well...)

Maybe it's some kind of message from the author, like you can try to seduce as many girl you want in real life, using scheme and techniques, but in the end it's better to chose the person that fell in love with you for what you really are. (I have to admit that it's still unfair for Tenri since she pretty loves much Keima for what he really was too)

Still, it was a great manga that I enjoyed reading a lot. Definitely in my top 3.

I thought it was an alright ending. I agree that Elsie deserved more context as to what the hell she was, that was rushed. I was expecting a Harem ending honestly, what with harem endings being referenced earlier and with Keima being the God of Conquest. I actually don't mind that he picked Chihiro, 'cause let's be honest, if he'd picked one Godess he would have pissed the rest off, and like he said, not choosing someone would have made it go on alot longer.

And with the apparent health issues taken into account, I can say that I think it's better to end it like this than to either continue it, because then you run the risk of not being able to finish it yourself. And let's be honest, any anime like this with multiple love interests, SOME fanbase will be pissed because you didn't pick their Waifu. And on a final note, I suppose he picked Chihiro because, unlike the others, she actually had feelings for him BEFORE the conquest, not because Keima made her love him. I suppose that's why he picked her, because she stood out from all the others, and he could tell her love was something he had no hand in creating.

I suppose he picked Chihiro because, unlike the others, she actually had feelings for him BEFORE the conquest, not because Keima made her love him. I suppose that's why he picked her, because she stood out from all the others, and he could tell her love was something he had no hand in creating.