A question about Clannad Anime Vs VN

AMMSY

You cant hear Yuichi Nakamura's voice in the vn.

Jokes aside,the vn have more routes and details about the story.

You should read and watch both of em,i promise it wont waste your time. Each media give you different enjoyment,At least for me.

However i prefer Nagisa's appearance in the anime, she is more cute there. 

Reading through the VN right now. Honestly if there is an anime based on the VN the VN is usually better. More endings, more scenes that weren't in the anime and you get to hear Tomoya's thoughts and inner monologues which really help intensify the story experience. Every story arc in the anime also plays out differently because in the anime they are all in the same story but in the VN they are all separate.

I would really recommend reading the VN - and watching the anime after that, since the adaptation is great. :)

That said, some of the plot points near the end make much more sense in the VN environment - and they're much better explained in the VN as well. That, and Clannad is probably the VN with most content I've ever read; it'd be a huge shame to miss out on somehting with such freedom when it comes to choices... the amount of routes in this VN is ridiculous, in a good way.

Wait, so the anime is just one route? 0.0

The anime isn't one route. It tells the story of each route but takes out the romance and as a consequence it takes out a bunch of scenes because of it.

EDIT: It tells it all in the same story though so unlike the VN the characters will remember what happened in each route.

Reading through the VN right now. Honestly if there is an anime based on the VN the VN is usually better. More endings, more scenes that weren't in the anime and you get to hear Tomoya's thoughts and inner monologues which really help intensify the story experience. Every story arc in the anime also plays out differently because in the anime they are all in the same story but in the VN they are all separate.

Normally, yes. But IMO Clannad really is one of the exceptions to this rule, the animation is better than the VN as you'll hardly miss anything important and, let's be honest here, the art of the VN is not very good.

Read/watch both and make your own judgement.

Some people say the anime was better, I strongly disagree.

But in the end it'd be a pointless argument.

How should you chose then ? play the original, that way you won't miss anything.

Well, i personaly think that a Visual Novel is the best way to express any kind of story. Better than books, movies, series, animes, mangas, games, songs, or any other kind that i forgot.

You combine the best of those (writting detail of the books, images and sounds of anime and the interaction of games) and you have a visual novel.

The anime is pretty good though.

. . . . . . .

I cried on After Story

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Air still the saddest. . . . .

As much as I loved the anime adaptation (still my favourite adaptation right next to Steins;Gate), I would have to disagree that it is better in terms of the story. For the people who've seen the anime, can you honestly say you've understood the last two episodes completely? I still feel like it's not explained well enough in the anime, and that it makes more sense in the VN medium.

But as I said before, don't pick just one. Read first and watch later for the maximum amount of feels.  :)