Recommened Visual Novel Titles?

TheScotsman72

Hello everyone, I've recently taken an interest in Japanese visual novels and have just finished my second one which I enjoyed greatly. However, I'm having trouble finding a third that suits my tastes as most manga/anime I've taken a look at so far have been rather difficult to get into. So far I've played Go Go Nippon and Harukoi Otome. Both of these games are set in a modern day setting without straying from reality too much. The art styles aren't too outlandish either, which I also enjoy. If you know of any other visual novels that fit that description, please feel free to drop a recommendation!

But straying from reality is the best part! D:

I'm assuming you're asking for Visual Novels rather than anime...

You might like Clannad and Little Busters, if you don't mind the slightly odd art style and crying rivers. Grisaia no Kajitsu, G-senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo are also in a modern-day setting and don't stray from reality too much, but the reality they show isn't that of an ordinary high schooler however. Narcissu is really good and pretty short and sounds like something you'd enjoy.

Something like that, yes. I haven't completely gotten to understand the terminology so I wouldn't know what exactly to call it yet, but in short I'm looking for something akin to Harukoi Otome. I think there's a show version of the series, but I'm only looking for a text based game.

Flutterz, I looked over those titles and picked out Little Busters and Grisaia no Kajitsu. Many thanks.

Something like that, yes. I haven't completely gotten to understand the terminology so I wouldn't know what exactly to call it yet, but in short I'm looking for something akin to Harukoi Otome. I think there's a show version of the series, but I'm only looking for a text based game

The only confusing terminology for visual novels that you might eventually run across are eroge and galges.

A galge is a visual novel game where the purpose is to guide the protagonist toward a romantic involvement with one of the lead female heroines, and an eroge is an adult themed (18+) Visual novel since you say you have read Harukoi Otome I assume that you are fine with adult content anyway, but there are all ages visual novels without adult content and with some very well written storylines.

Just to check are you looking for just a visual novel that takes place mainly while in school? Or a completely down to earth realistic game with no gimmicks such as "you are a student but also a secret agent"? Because if you are then that might be a much smaller category.

Ah, gotcha. Goes to show how confusing this stuff can be to a newcomer. Majikoi looks good too though, so I'll toss that in the cart as well. I don't know any Japanese at all though, so hopefully the non-translated parts aren't too important.

I think I'd prefer one centralized around romance, and 18+ content isn't too important but I'm fine with it if it's there to assist the story. As for the setting, I'm looking for realism but I'm fine if it stretches a little. A secret agent twist wouldn't bother me at all.

Well then Majikoi is a little more on the unrealistic side as most of the heroines are quite over powered and one of them is basically superwoman, but if you can get past that it's quite a good read. Otherwise Grisaia no kaijitsu, Sharin no Kuni, G-senjou no maou, Katawa Shoujo, and maybe Period if you can cope with the fact that everyone has the same face and all of the heroines are flat as a board it has a "unique" art style but it was relaxing to read.

You know... every week I see a new thread about recommendations, maybe all the new members should be told about the existence of the thread below, it would save them the trouble of creating new ones.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2151-50-translated-vns-you-should-read-before-you-die/

You know... every week I see a new thread about recommendations, maybe all the new members should be told about the existence of the thread below, it would save them the trouble of creating new ones.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2151-50-translated-vns-you-should-read-before-you-die/

I feel like that thread should be pinned.

You like Harukoi???? Because tsundere loli????

Back to topic.You prefer light vn without plot twister that much, then i i recommend:

Edelweiss

Deardrops

Kirakira

koi chu lips

majikoi

sagara family

koichoco

koiken otome

Kono oozora

and if you understand Japanese, Dame koi is a good choice.