I/O Revision II Review [no spoilers]

Nyanko

There is also a light novel with side stories for I/O : I/O The boy In The Mirror

One of the translators of I/O Revision II visual novel decided to translate one chapter, but it almost looks like he wants to do more if you look at their site. He only translated a random chapter though, he didn't start with the prologue.

http://lemniscatranslations.wordpress.com/io-the-boy-in-the-mirror/

You have to read I/O before reading the light novel because it contains end game spoilers, but I understood that you will understand the LN without reading the VN (for people that are not planning to read I/O I guess).

That was exactly my point, Uchikoshi reuses the same plot devices over and over and that's kind of why you will see similarities between the Infinity and the Zero Escape series.

Root Double is the latest game from Nakazawa (excluding the secre game series but he was more like a producer on those). Although he didn't write it himself he did plan the whole story. The full name is Root Double ~Before Crime * After Days~ and it is pretty good, I don't want to say anything more about it until I finish it myself.

I agree that Uchikoshi reuses very similiar themes, but I still think that his execution always(except remember11 due to budget cuts) is great and fresh. 

I am also interested in Root Double now as well, dammit. It does indeed look similar to 999, though I'd wager it isn't as suspenseful.