Witch's Garden Translation Project [TLC NEEDED]

NeroDragon12

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm dropping this project. My apologies to anyone who was looking forward to it.

Because the common route hasn't been edited, I won't release a partial patch (it wouldn't be enjoyable to read). Conversely, the editing in the heroine routes is so heavy (often replacing entire sections of narration by original text) that I also won't release the translation for others to pick up. If this game ever gets a full translation, it should be a consistent one.

• 2 weeks later...

Suppose I owe an apology to FRC. I do get why you dropped it. Guess I shouldn't be putting everyone into a single box and generalize things.

Still, my point stands regarding the commitment sorely lacking in TL groups nowadays, especially when you looked at the dropped and stalled projects as of late.

Edited by AdventSign
Me being less of a faggot.

4 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Thanks now learn Japanese to demonstate your superior commitment

I'd love to if you pay me for it or for my rent or schooling or food for who I have to currently support alone, etc.

Otherwise, I have other thing I *have to* learn and juggle in life with, oddly enough, don't make anything in life either.

I wouldn't have anything if I didn't pursue attempting to get better at English "rules" either. You can be a jack of all trades and a master of none, or you can specialize elsewhere in life. I've decided to in the medical field and humanistic field (which I does take a toll mentally being around death constantly). Ironically, I probably would have been better focusing on English and then moving on to Japanese instead of humanities/medicine. Wouldn't be as fucked up as I am now and the most I'd have to worry about is constant subjection to criticism and personal credibility.

Also, I'm *attempting* to improve in English writing as my TL is improving in Japanese. We wouldn't have a shot at what we're doing otherwise. Though at the rate he's going, he won't need me for too much longer. Once that happens, then I'd say that your comment holds more water than it currently does.

Now, please do on about my superiority to learning Japanese. Seems like comments like these always pop up when somebody has a stick up their butts. Kinda surprised it wasn't said sooner.

12 minutes ago, AdventSign said:

I'd love to if you pay me for it or for my rent or schooling or food for who I have to currently support alone, etc.

Otherwise, I have other thing I *have to* learn and juggle in life with, oddly enough, don't make anything in life either.

I wouldn't have anything if I didn't pursue attempting to get better at English "rules" either. You can be a jack of all trades and a master of none, or you can specialize elsewhere in life. I've decided to in the medical field and humanistic field (which I does take a toll mentally being around death constantly). Ironically, I probably would have been better focusing on English and then moving on to Japanese instead of humanities/medicine. Wouldn't be as fucked up as I am now and the most I'd have to worry about is constant subjection to criticism and personal credibility.

Also, I'm *attempting* to improve in English writing as my TL is improving in Japanese. We wouldn't have a shot at what we're doing otherwise. Though at the rate he's going, he won't need me for too much longer. Once that happens, then I'd say that your comment holds more water than it currently does.

Now, please do on about my superiority to learning Japanese. Seems like comments like these always pop up when somebody has a stick up their butts. Kinda surprised it wasn't said sooner.

If you have time to write these posts you have time to learn Japanese

b1b.gif

Giving up on something in life because its hard is a luxury I lost a long time ago. If I've become jaded and opinionated seeing people and groups constantly collapse both in the VN community and out, so be it.

I can afford 2 mins to respond. Affording a year to learn something on top of what I have to do? I don't see the correlation.

Edited by AdventSign
Typing like I'm drunk

1 hour ago, AdventSign said:

I wouldn't pay Zakamutt's comments any mind; he's just fishing for a response. Very typical behaviour of elitist 'muh Japanese' NEETs that know nothing of the world beyond the walls of their parents' home.

That aside, I do understand your frustration, but I don't think taking it out on the team members, past or present, is a good idea. No, people don't always know their own limits. A lot of people that join projects are inexperienced, young, or unsure of their own capabilities. Things happen, and at the end of the day it's entirely a group of volunteers doing something out of passion. I'm sure most of the people that were once involved with the project would have liked to see it complete just as much as you do.

Rather, I would encourage you to put your energy to good use and focus on your current and future endeavours. You may very well be able to contribute to a new (or existing) project for this game, no?