Witch's Garden Translation Project [TLC NEEDED]

NeroDragon12

15 hours ago, NeroDragon12 said:

I kinda did tell spec about my health.

I just think about the worst case if anything gone wrong. :P

Only bad new left is translator.
Last time I checked, he is still stomping and punching demons. :vinty:

PS: It is the time we need to assign work to editor and qc. We have TLC helping us right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda forget to update last month's progress, sorry :kosame:

You can check it at usual place.

Re-translation is in-progressed but slowly due to have too many games to play, less time to do something else.

TLC made his progress too.

I still need editor(s) to do their job, as TLC was kindly enough to check through all prologue script. But I need Nero to call them back from grave or recruit new one. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just usual Friday update :D 

Not much progress this week except I found survivor(s) among among the pile of bodies of in-active members.

I still have plan B if this team can't finish this project by themselves.

As I usually say "This project never die" :P 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, SpecterZ said:

I need to re-organize the team. This project will be stalled for a while.

I really hope that you manage to finish your baby. Would be heartbreaking if it wouldnt happen after that much effort you put into it.

@NeroDragon12 You seem to be more active here than other places, so I'll post something here so you know this. I've been trying to contact you to speak regarding this project for a week now. Please either get online in skype or send me a PM here so we can chat without constantly sending PM's here.

I'll be waiting for a response.

Final Team Roster has been set up. We might recruit another proofreader and some beta testers in the future. But don't expect it to be the near future.

• Aizen-Sama (Coordinator)
  • Unnamed (Translator)
  • Rime (TLC)
  • TastefulSardine (TLC)
  • Forte (TLC/ Translator)
  • Hellcat (Editor)
  • Arcadeotic (Proofreader)
  • Porygon (Lead Hacker)
  • Tymmur (Hacker)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Veshurik said:

I still pray for that project, because I'm so interested in Windmill novels...  Are you still alive?

It's still alive, but moving slowly. VNTS infrequently bumps the "translated" percentage by 1%, and you can also track the current progress here at any time to see how the numbers are moving up. The project is a solo effort at this point, by a person who doesn't have a whole lot of time. That, coupled with the VN being way bigger than your average VN, results in progress being slow. But progress looks pretty steady, and the person doing the translation work is very knowledgeable, so, be patient and hold onto that dream!

And to be clear, I'm not involved with the project, just acquainted with the translator, who isn't on Fuwa, so I figured I'd jump in and explain for him.

On 12/8/2017 at 6:10 PM, Fred the Barber said:

That, coupled with the VN being way bigger than your average VN, results in progress being slow.

Witch's Garden Total line count: 53677

Shin Koihime Musou total line count: 108888

Is 53K really all that much bigger than your average VN?  :huh:

Edited by Nandemonai

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm the one person who's too stubborn to stop working on this project. As you can see at the bottom of the progress page Fred linked earlier, it's indeed still alive. In fact, I've been working on it almost every day since I joined it in September 2016. (The reason the progress page currently says "Last updated 7 days ago" rather than "yesterday" is that I only upload my changes when I complete a script)

Progress is indeed slow, but you have to take into account that apart from translating, I'm also already doing a quite thorough editing pass. It takes time to come up with sentences that are natural, clear and concise while also having character, and it takes even more time if you're not a native speaker. Sometimes I'll do fifty lines in an hour, and other times I'll only manage three :notlikemiya:. This is also the reason I don't normally post in here - seeing as it'll take several more years for this project to reach completion, there's really no point in trying to keep people excited. I'd rather have them forget about it and then surprise them when it's done.

If you want to chat with me on Discord, you can usually find me on the Visual-Novel.info server where I'm known as "arc_".

Edited by frc_