Witch's Garden Translation Project [TLC NEEDED]

NeroDragon12

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be taking your Quality Checker test at some point later today and leave a comment and email like instructed on your recruitment page. I created an account on here quickly just to say that, the reason I'm not doing it now is because it's past 4:00 AM right now and I don't want to accidentally mess anything up. I'm quite new to reading visual novels in general, but reading the few I have has inspired me to want to volunteer my services in a fan-translation project.

I'm very good when it comes to grammar and correcting spelling mistakes and I'm really interested in this game in particular and helping out with the project. I promise to put in 100% effort with finding and correcting any mistakes and to work very quickly and efficiently. Earlier last year I suffered an extreme panic attack from my Social Anxiety Disorder and I am now currently unable to work nor leave the house on my own. I'm currently in the process of seeking professional help but because of my current situation I have a lot of free time on my hands that I would love to offer to the project.

I really want to help create a perfectly written visual novel, hopefully I'll send my application out in several hours from now!

1 hour ago, Forgetful Frank said:

I'm going to be taking your Quality Checker test at some point later today and leave a comment and email like instructed on your recruitment page. I created an account on here quickly just to say that, the reason I'm not doing it now is because it's past 4:00 AM right now and I don't want to accidentally mess anything up. I'm quite new to reading visual novels in general, but reading the few I have has inspired me to want to volunteer my services in a fan-translation project.

I'm very good when it comes to grammar and correcting spelling mistakes and I'm really interested in this game in particular and helping out with the project. I promise to put in 100% effort with finding and correcting any mistakes and to work very quickly and efficiently. Earlier last year I suffered an extreme panic attack from my Social Anxiety Disorder and I am now currently unable to work nor leave the house on my own. I'm currently in the process of seeking professional help but because of my current situation I have a lot of free time on my hands that I would love to offer to the project.

I really want to help create a perfectly written visual novel, hopefully I'll send my application out in several hours from now!

I would like that since only active member is translator but we don't have any TLC to check the script and the translation is in rough state.

In short, no TLC = no progress (╥﹏╥)

BTW, we are really grateful for any morale support.  (^з^)-☆

9 hours ago, SpecterZ said:

I would like that since only active member is translator but we don't have any TLC to check the script and the translation is in rough state.

In short, no TLC = no progress (╥﹏╥)

BTW, we are really grateful for any morale support.  (^з^)-☆

I see, that's a real shame! I hope you can find some TLC's real soon. Definitely don't waver now! This visual novel looks real fun and I'm very happy you and every one else in the team are volunteering your personal time to create the fan-translation. I just woke up and noticed a minor mistake I did in the QC test, I wrote my notes in what I think is the Editor's notes(?) to the left of where the QC colours the field green or red. With my more awake mind I assume I was more than likely supposed to write any notes and feedback into the fields I colour rather than in the 'Notes' field to the left of them. So if that's the case I'm sorry and if I do make it into the team I'll be sure to do it properly.

Please keep in mind that I'm completely new to all of this and I would love to learn more about the fan-translation process and do my best to help. I wish I could apply for the TLC position but after viewing the test for it, I know I can't help in that field. But like I said, I'm very thorough when it comes to grammar and spelling so at least I can help in that department! :)

I'll see if I can help spread the word to get some people interested in doing TLC's coming this way.

Edit:

I just finished creating a /r/visualnovels reddit post advertising your project in need of TLC's for you. Hopefully you'll get some TLC applications soon! I really hope this helps your project out. Here's a link to the post I made.

2 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

I see, that's a real shame! I hope you can find some TLC's real soon. Definitely don't waver now! This visual novel looks real fun and I'm very happy you and every one else in the team are volunteering your personal time to create the fan-translation. I just woke up and noticed a minor mistake I did in the QC test, I wrote my notes in what I think is the Editor's notes(?) to the left of where the QC colours the field green or red. With my more awake mind I assume I was more than likely supposed to write any notes and feedback into the fields I colour rather than in the 'Notes' field to the left of them. So if that's the case I'm sorry and if I do make it into the team I'll be sure to do it properly.

Please keep in mind that I'm completely new to all of this and I would love to learn more about the fan-translation process and do my best to help. I wish I could apply for the TLC position but after viewing the test for it, I know I can't help in that field. But like I said, I'm very thorough when it comes to grammar and spelling so at least I can help in that department! :)

I'll see if I can help spread the word to get some people interested in doing TLC's coming this way.

Edit:

I just finished creating a /r/visualnovels reddit post advertising your project in need of TLC's for you. Hopefully you'll get some TLC applications soon! I really hope this helps your project out. Here's a link to the post I made.

Thank, I'm really grateful for your help. :D

If we have TLC, we might able to release partial patch which has first 2 translated routes this year.

The problem I found while recruiting are "Don't have enough time" (Translator's work hour for this project is about 2 - 8 hours per day, alone) or "gone missing" after join team for a few day.

In the worst case, I will assign translator to check his own scripts again after all translation is done.

BTW, H-scene doesn't need much check but finding any Editor/QC whom is willingly to do it is really hard.

21 minutes ago, SpecterZ said:

Thank, I'm really grateful for your help. :D

If we have TLC, we might able to release partial patch which has first 2 translated routes this year.

The problem I found while recruiting are "Don't have enough time" (Translator's work hour for this project is about 2 - 8 hours per day, alone) or "gone missing" after join team for a few day.

In the worst case, I will assign translator to check his own scripts again after all translation is done.

BTW, H-scene doesn't need much check but finding any Editor/QC whom is willingly to do it is really hard.

I'm glad I was able to be of some help. :)

Please let me know if you get any applications! (I really hope you do) Hopefully you'll be able to get some people who can properly devote some of their time to the project without disappearing.

I'll admit when I read some of the VN's I patched with a fan-translations/restorations, I felt a little uncomfortable reading the H-scenes. I also noticed that the quality of the writing in the H-scenes dropped considerably compared to the quality of normal scenes in the VN's I've read so far, which bugged me a little, ahaha! Even though I'm not really into the H-scenes, I'd be more than happy to QC them just like I would with normal scenes. The way I see it is, if you're going to Quality Check, you have to be prepared to do everything, even the H-scenes. I would make sure the quality of writing is consistent with everything including the H-scenes.

2 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

I would make sure the quality of writing is consistent with everything including the H-scenes.

thats the most meaningful statement i´ve come to read for a very long time. hope it works out well regarding those needed tlc´s so you can also start with everything else thats left to do.

3 hours ago, XReaper said:

thats the most meaningful statement i´ve come to read for a very long time. hope it works out well regarding those needed tlc´s so you can also start with everything else thats left to do.

Thank you very much for your kind words, I hope TLC's will be applying very soon also. To me personally, if you're going to help with a project like this, there is no point in putting more effort in the normal scenes and then being awkward with the H-scenes leading them to be of less quality compared to everything else. It will pull the reader out of the story, like it has for me reading similar scenes. I really hope my application is accepted so I can do anything I can as soon as possible as I'm really itching to help. If I wasn't good enough I won't hold any negative feelings and I'll hope more people apply and volunteer so this project can get under way again, because I'd love to be able to play it some day myself. ^_^

Someone wrote a pretty harsh statement about your translations on reddit in the test documents here. He said the TL/TLC 'made a ton of super easy mistakes' and pointed a couple of them out, please read his comment by clicking that link.

I and another person responded to him saying basing all of that just on a test is a little extreme, and I even pointed out that it does actually make sense for there to be many mistakes purposefully to test whether or not a TL or TLC applying for the position is good enough to correct and detect translation errors, which I am sure is what you have done. But he has gotten quite a few upvotes in his post and I fear that might damage your project attracting potential TLC's.

I was hoping you could perhaps clarify it to him by a reply? If you don't have a reddit account and don't wish to make one, you could reply to those accusations of your project's translations being bad to me on this thread and I'd be more than happy to link to it on reddit in a reply for you.

It is really ridiculous that he's basing your project's translations being terrible by tests that you have obviously purposefully made bad in order to make it an actual 'test' for finding TL's and TLC's good enough to join your project.

Definitely don't attack with offensive words, but if you could just as Project Leader officially announce that his accusations of your project having poor translating is unfounded since he is basing this off an obvious test which is purposefully translated badly in order to 'test' one's ability in detecting and correcting translation errors so you know they are competent enough to join your project. After all, you don't want any one claiming they can translate when they actually can't join your project.

1 hour ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Someone wrote a pretty harsh statement about your translations on reddit in the test documents here. He said the TL/TLC 'made a ton of super easy mistakes' and pointed a couple of them out, please read his comment by clicking that link.

I and another person responded to him saying basing all of that just on a test is a little extreme, and I even pointed out that it does actually make sense for there to be many mistakes purposefully to test whether or not a TL or TLC applying for the position is good enough to correct and detect translation errors, which I am sure is what you have done. But he has gotten quite a few upvotes in his post and I fear that might damage your project attracting potential TLC's.

I was hoping you could perhaps clarify it to him by a reply? If you don't have a reddit account and don't wish to make one, you could reply to those accusations of your project's translations being bad to me on this thread and I'd be more than happy to link to it on reddit in a reply for you.

It is really ridiculous that he's basing your project's translations being terrible by tests that you have obviously purposefully made bad in order to make it an actual 'test' for finding TL's and TLC's good enough to join your project.

Definitely don't attack with offensive words, but if you could just as Project Leader officially announce that his accusations of your project having poor translating is unfounded since he is basing this off an obvious test which is purposefully translated badly in order to 'test' one's ability in detecting and correcting translation errors so you know they are competent enough to join your project. After all, you don't want any one claiming they can translate when they actually can't join your project.

That is why I'm really passive about seeking new member.

I have some fact to tell you too. (just leave this in this forum, I don't want more drama)

- No matter who you are, there is a chance you will make a mistake when you work for a long time.

- Translator is neither English nor Japanese native and isn't a professional translator either, don't expect the perfect translation.

- We don't accept any donation. Our work is purely free.

- We don't have enough resource, time or man power to afford a translation with enough quality to satisfy everyone.

- Translator stated he will quit if drama is out of control no matter he is right or wrong. If that happens, it means this project will be either stalled or dropped.

You might not know how many sacrifice translator has to make for this project and the work condition alone is enough to make him quit several time.

PS: I think I can't expected any translation progress this week. He said he need to take a long good rest and some VN to play to clear his mind of what was happened lately.