[Grisaia no Kajitsu] - Anyone mind summarizing Makina's route for me? (*Spoilers A Head!*)

AMMSY

So... I'm pretty new to this whole VN stuff but this is pretty fun.

Anyways I really didn't like Makina in any of the other routes I did.
(Common > Yumiko > Sachi > Amane > In progress of Michiru)

My Favorite Is Sachi :P

And in what I understand Makina's route is "Canon" or what not, for the entire series plot... but its  loooonnng, and i guess I don't like her enough to spent that much time reading through it. 
I do know that the end of the good ending from forum discussions 

something about Yuuji been shot in the arm and Makina replacing him in the "Job", thou seem really weird >.<

So I figured one of you great people would be so kind to summarize the "Canon"-plot-realted events of Makina's route? 

Spoil Me Hard!!! Thanks :D

I think the most important things from Makina's route for the larger picture are mainly the details about Yuuji's past (though this is really just hinted upon, you should get the full exposition of this in Meikyuu if I'm not mistaken) and the fact that he 

teaches Makina sniping among other things, which she ends up being surprisingly good at - this is also the reason why she ends up doing Yuuji's work in both of the endings. From the little that I've read of Meikyuu, it is implied that Makina's training is taken as canon.

I see. So I wouldn't lose any important detail if I jump into Meikyuu after finishing Michiru route?

You'll lose the details concerning Makina and her family, but as for Yuuji related things, not really.

It'd be a shame to skip Makina's route, though. Even if you don't like her, the route is still worth it - it was my favourite one right beside Amane's. It's like Yumiko's route, but actually well written, with Yuuji being appropriately badass. :)

Makina's father died in front of her eyes and his corpse rotted for days (she was tied up) and she was traumatized so much she couldn't even speak for 6 years. Now she found a replacement in Yuuji, which is the role he's trying his best to fulfill.

Unlike her father who she was really close with, her mother views her as nothing more than a business tool, and when she tries to reclaim it she doesn't hold back in putting pressure on Makina and Yuuji. Yuuji goes on the run with her, but Makina, being the idiot she is, screws up badly by trying to get back the apple seedling which is too important to her - this results in her getting wounded and ending up in a hospital (I think she's in coma, though she does wake up at night when Yuuji sneaks in to visit her).

Knowing that her mother won't leave it at that, Yuuji resolves to assassinate her. However...

This route tells us about Yuuji's past. He believes he killed people without realizing it and that there just might be a demon living in his right arm (he once woke up normally only to find his right arm covered in blood and was told that the teacher he hated was killed last night). And so, he cannot bring himself to kill people out of his own will. When his master was alive, she managed to persuade him that she was the one doing the killing, using him as a weapon, which he was fine with, but now that she's dead he makes a habit of angering his superiors by dealing with threats in a non-lethal manner all the time.

Makina tries to comfort him, but it doesn't eliminate the trauma.

And so, he's reluctant to pull the trigger. If he does, the trauma resurfaces and he's unable to concentrate on the follow-up gunfight, leading to him getting mortally wounded. Makina cannot get over his death and has his body bag sit on a chair in her cafe in the epilogue, talking to him like he's alive. BAD END.

If he doesn't, he manages to escape, but his right arm is crushed and has to be amputated. Makina's mother is afraid to deal with Yuuji again and simply leaves Makina alone. Without his right arm, Yuuji cannot continue doing his work and Makina takes over instead. They also run a cafe together, somewhere in America. GOOD END.

PLOT HOLE: A cold-hearted person like Makina's mom got scared by the assassin who couldn't pull the trigger? Don't make me laugh. In fact, it's all the more reason to go after Makina now that she's certain Yuuji can't do anything to her

Not to sound like an ass but why would you read a visual novel without the intention of reading every route? I always 100 percent complete something even if I don't like a character.

Depends on the VN. You shouldn't skip routes in epic ones like this, but there are some that just aren't that good and only have a few interesting routes. We don't have that many of them translated to be too picky.

Depends on the VN. You shouldn't skip routes in epic ones like this, but there are some that just aren't that good and only have a few interesting routes. We don't have that many of them translated to be too picky.

For me it doesn't matter really if the route is interesting or not if I am gonna read something I read all of it. You don't get a book and skip chapters.... and to me reading a VN is no different than reading a book. Except for choices and the visuals.

Depends on the person and the VN in question. For example, for VNs that actually have story (like Grisaia) I do finish them at 100% so I don't miss on anything. For chara-ge where story isn't the strong factor (e.g. My Girlfriend is the President) I only read the ones with characters that got my attention (I haven't finished Yukino and Ran's routes for example). I agree there are some good stories that people shouldn't ignore, but it's up to them if they want the full experience or not. That's why I always say "give it a try, you might like it", since it has happened to me (I for one didn't like Michiru at first glance, then later one came to really like her once I finished her route).

In the end though, it's all up to personal preferences. It's good that he's at least looking for info about the route if he doesn't want to read it, although I still think he should at least give it a try.

We all have our ways of doing things. Take me for example: i finished Hisui's route in Tsukuhime and the next route is Kohaku's but i don't know if i will do it because i don't like her character at all. Probably the route is awesome and etc. but still i feel reluctant to play it.

I personally wouldn't recommend skipping routes for the fact of not liking a character in other routes. Especially if the VN had sequels. Even some of the littler things in Makina's route may pop up somewhere in Meikyuu. That's just my thoughts on it. Feel free to skip her route if you like.

Like EruwaYuril and Berilium have said. We all read VN to enjoy them, but each as his own way of doing so... if I just don't feel like reading through 10 hours of additional story then why? to not miss on anything big? thats why I made this post. 

PLOT HOLE: A cold-hearted person like Makina's mom got scared by the assassin who couldn't pull the trigger? Don't make me laugh. In fact, it's all the more reason to go after Makina now that she's certain Yuuji can't do anything to her

she would regret doing that, she would regret it pretty hard

she would regret doing that, she would regret it pretty hard

Why?

She should've known from the cameras and the reports what state Yuuji was in when he escaped. If you're afraid of disabled assassins, it makes one wonder why you're in that sort of business to begin with.

Unless you're talking about something revealed in Meikyuu/Rakuen, then please don't tell me :D

I personally wouldn't recommend skipping routes for the fact of not liking a character in other routes. Especially if the VN had sequels. Even some of the littler things in Makina's route may pop up somewhere in Meikyuu. That's just my thoughts on it. Feel free to skip her route if you like.

I agree with this. Especially with grisaia. I found that the routes in Grisaia no kajitsu are heavily interlinked with each other to give a foundation for the sequels. Give it a try at least. Personally I found Makina's route more interesting than her character.

well the sequels already explain in more detail wat was explained in Makina's route (his trauma etc) so not really that important to read all the routes or anything. (i still havent read Michiru's ;d)

all the routes give a piece of Yuuji's past to us but nothing really concrete is explained thats why the sequel and sequel's sequel was made :)

You can safely skip Sakaki's route for example and miss absolutely nothing of importance. Grisaia's routes are so independent of eachother that it's not necessarily vitally important to read every one, only the ones with important backstory to them. You can get a fulfilling and satisfying experience in many VNs even if you skip routes. And not all routes are of the same quality. If reading something becomes a chore, then by all means stop because otherwise, what's the point? We don't read VNs out of obligation.

Sakaki's route is good though :D waste not to read that,her reactions are awesome :D

and also

She is the only one with no bad ends

Her route was actually the worst, in my opinion. Even her reactions were funnier in the other routes at times, but the main problem is the writing and the plot that is just a weaker version of Makina's route. It's such a shame though, I was looking forward to her route the most. :P