Baldr Sky

Ok so, i've always wanted to read the series, but since i suck in japanese that is completely impossible to me. So i was wondering, are there any good souls planning to translate the VN's ? I know that Amaterasu was planning to translate them, but it's on their side projects tab since the beginning of the ages and i don't expect to be concluded anytime soon. I have (i think everyone has) high expectations for the novels. I mean, it has massive scores in VNDB and the reviews from the guys who played them say it's fantastic.

Soooooo...... any plans on that or any information regard that?

Honestly, waiting for Amaterasu is probably your best shot. They work fast and I think they translated some of it before stalling the project. IIRC they stalled it because they didn't want to release 2 huge mecha VN translations in quick succession, so maybe after they finish Comyu and, hopefully, Rewrite Harvest Festa, they'll go back to Baldr Sky.

The translator who was working on Baldr Sky is different from the main Amaterasu translator, Ixreec. IIRC, the guy who was TLing Baldr Sky had some RL stuff come up and hasn't been around the scene since. You can consider that project permamently dead.

The translator who was working on Baldr Sky is different from the main Amaterasu translator, Ixreec. IIRC, the guy who was TLing Baldr Sky had some RL stuff come up and hasn't been around the scene since. You can consider that project permamently dead.

So there's no hope then? No open projects or even plans to translate the novels? If that's the case it will be really sad

So there's no hope then? No open projects or even plans to translate the novels? If that's the case it will be really sad

It's a very popular game within Japan and there's a lot of demand for it outside of Japan, so you can be assured that someone, at some point, will attempt to translate it again. There currently aren't any groups who have announced plans to do so yet, though.

at the very least amaterasu wont be doing it,their next 3 projects are already set after comyu

Well, Harvest Fiesta is definitely coming next, but after that, who knows. Those other two projects are Liar-Soft steampunk games, and MangaGamer are probably going to announce their intent to translate those soon, which would make Amaterasu choose other projects.

Futsuu has said (many times) that he was extremely unhappy with the TL quality of his old project. He wants to return to it and plans to, but he wants to get some other stuff out of the way first. So it'll probably be awhile.

Basically this, it'll be a while before we see anything in that regard. Not to mention the level of JP needed is quite high too.

Basically this, it'll be a while before we see anything in that regard. Not to mention the level of JP needed is quite high too.

I don't think the japanese in Baldr Sky is that difficult (Although there are technical words and stuff... at least it isn't typemoon). It's a game play heavy game though which means lots of image editing and work though :(

I don't think the japanese in Baldr Sky is that difficult (Although there are technical words and stuff... at least it isn't typemoon). It's a game play heavy game though which means lots of image editing and work though :(

Overall the japanese isn't that hard, mostly what you struggle with is technical words that you get used to after a while. There are some parts of the game I'd think would give translators a headache. -Infodumps, complex explanations, raving religious fanatics. I had problems following some part of those scenes. I'd imagine translating it will be worse...

Hardly impossible I'd imagine though. Biggest problem is the series dive1 + dive2 is a total of like 4.6mb of text I think haha.

And yes lot's of images in this game. Not nearly as many as in Aselia I think. I am not sure what is images and what's text based sadly, so somewhat hard to say for sure.