Which VNs can you recommend?

Crimson

Well, I can't say that knowing this isn't soothing me :D

Uhm, by the way, regarding the list I posted on the first page - which of the 7 VNs is the smallest one in filesize? Since I live in a rural area my internet connection sucks incredibly hard, as soon as I start downloading something I'm lucky if it's faster than 50KB/s :/

Go for Haru's route in G-Senjou if you ever try it. One with gameplay that i enjoyed was Yumina the Ethereal, although the story isn't that good it has cool heroines. Another great vn is Ever 17, a long with the Gyakuten Saiban series.

I'm opposite from you, I hate Yumina the Ethereal gameplay but I love the story and I agree with you, the heroines are cool and have great personality.

When you go to the main site for downloads each VN will have something like this at the bottom and it tells you how big it is. All of the VNs on Fuwa are prepatched as well.

Awesome, I hadn't even noticed yet that Fuwanovels provides download links for all those VNs. :) However, I'm downloading Fate/stay Night with 20kb/s right now and it's... well, let's just say I'm not amused :/

Are there some sort of, I dunno, tricks that could enable me to download stuff faster? And is this even remotely legal or do I have to be afraid to be sued if some sneaky lawyer finds out? :D

Steins;Gate has a pretty awesome protagonist, although you might have already seen the anime. Saya no Uta also seems to fit quite nicely, but it's also pretty short. Completely worth it though. The Muv-Luv trilogy is great, and the protagonist starts out pretty stupid but gets better as it progresses. The only problem is that to read Muv-Luv Alternative which is where all the awesomeness is you need to first get through Muv-Luv, the first half of which is completely generic SoL, so you might not like that. However once again, it's worth it. And seconding all recommendations of Sharin no Kuni, G-senjou and Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Awesome, I hadn't even noticed yet that Fuwanovels provides download links for all those VNs. :) However, I'm downloading Fate/stay Night with 20kb/s right now and it's... well, let's just say I'm not amused :/

Are there some sort of, I dunno, tricks that could enable me to download stuff faster? And is this even remotely legal or do I have to be afraid to be sued if some sneaky lawyer finds out? :D

All that I have downloaded from Fuwa was always going full speed, as Fuwa has it's seedbox I don't think that it should be going that slow, are you sure it's not something with your net?

Don't worry it's not completely illegal as Fuwa shares only VNs that are translated by fantranslation groups. And even if it was illegal you as someone who only download don't have anything to be afraid of, using piracy services is not illegal only providing them is.

Untranslated with genius protags:

Hyper→Highspeed→Genius

Hello, Lady

Bradyon Veda

Devils Devel Concept

Draculius

Jingai Makyou

Noble Works (charage)

Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas

Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu

Soukoku no Arterial (there is an interface translation patch)

Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide

Tokyo Babel

Akatsuki no Goei (series)

Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake (this is scheduled for an official translation)

Electro Arms

Gleam Garden no Shoujo

Hello,good-bye

Kamikaze Explorer (charage)

Kimi to Boku to no Kishi no Hibi -Rakuen no Chevalier- (charage)

Ojou-sama wa Gokigen Naname

Namima no Kuni no Faust

Reminiscence

Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin

Gensou no Idea

Dies Irae

Kajiri Kamui Kagura

Zero Infinity

A few comments on Eien no Aselia: I know how  you feel about protags that want to 'return to their own world', but it is an unavoidable trope in Japanese fantasy stories.  It is a cultural thing, lol.  On the other hand, in Yuuto's case it makes perfect sense, up to a point.  He was taken from his own world along with his little sister, turned into a slave soldier, and even when he gets free of his first master, he is forced into a situation where he has to fight anyway. 

As for Kamidori: If you go into this game expecting a great story, you'll get burned. It is one of the weakest of all of Eushully's games, plot-wise.

Don't worry it's not completely illegal as Fuwa shares only VNs that are translated by fantranslation groups. And even if it was illegal you as someone who only download don't have anything to be afraid of, using piracy services is not illegal only providing them is.

Okami hit the nail on the head.  Even ISPs (internet service providers) can't do jack squat about you pirating/torrenting stuff unless you seed and download illegal files A LOT, and even they they legally have to send you a notice saying that if you don't stop, they'll drop your service (usually only if criminal charges can be filed against you, which is extremely hard for pirating digital content unless you go ape-shit and download everything in sight) before they can do anything.  They cannot legally do anything else first.  I've torrented Parallels 8 and 9 and Windows 7, as I couldn't afford to legitamately buy either at the time but desperately needed access to a PC at my home, and I haven't even gotten a letter from my ISP yet.  Just don't go crazy and illegally download a bunch of recent movies and the like and you'll be fine.  If you torrent stuff from outside of Fuwa, though, you should scan the hell out of it with virus detection software.  A lot of torrents are filled with viruses, so reading the comments on the torrent page is also very important.

As for VNs to suggest, all of the ones I was gonna suggest were mentioned.  Fate/stay night is a very good fantasy VN filled with bad ends (usually resulting in the main character's death) and a lot of heartrenching moments at the endings.  The h-scenes are pretty bad, just so you know.  Nasu, the writer at Type-Moon, is infamous for being terrible at writing good h-scenes.  Totally destroys the mood.  Just kills it.  HoshiMemo is a slice-of-life VN with supernatural elements and humor based on repeated gags.  I found the supernatural stuff to be a little silly, but man, HoshiMemo stomps on your heart multiple times.  Dat nakige.  No bad ends, though, so every route ends happily.  Grisaia no Kajitsu is a VN focused on psychological tramau, but it's extremely funny.  It manages to do both incredibly serious, disturbing topics and comedy very well, which is a little rare in general.  Also very emotionally impactful.  The h-scenes can get a little weird, though, so I'd recommend asking people here about Fuwa for a heads-up on the weird stuff.  Lastly, if you haven't already read Katawa Shoujo, I'd recommend it.  Not as great as F/sn, HoshiMemo, and Grisaia, but it's still worth reading.

If you have a 3DS or a PS Vita, you owe it to yourself to play Virtue's Last Reward. I'm not saying any more because I might spoil stuff and there is quite a lot that can get spoiled- also play the preceding DS game 999(9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors) before playing this, everything makes much more sense.

Otherwise Ever17 is recommended. I also liked Remember11 but remember you might be left wanting.

おはようみんな!

So I kept downloading fate / stay night during the night and when I returned to my computer this morning, it had finished downloading :D And of course, I couldn't stand but try it out before going to work. Well, I've probably played until ~10 minutes into the game yet, and so far there are two things that concern me:

1. The narration style seems kinda weird. I mean, I've only played 10 minutes yet so it was probably just the introduction, but I was kinda confused when the game started with a scene of an old man and a girl. I had thought the protagonist was male, especially as the heroines are female (of course, they're heroines).
  2. So far I've only met one person, that girl from school who supposedly is going to have a "kill-or-be-killed" relationship with the protagonist. And, I don't really like her. Please don't tell me she's a heroine. She's just not kawaii at all, she seems like an even manlier and more annoying version of EnA's Kyouko... Oh and please tell me that the other girls you meet are more kawaii. This girl just seems like a damn shemale. Hope I'm not offending anyone by insulting this character, but I'm just afraid there's no way I'm ever gonna like this character ^^

Oh, and regarding my first concern I have one question - so apparently the protagonist is a girl. So is this a game where you develop lesbian relationships? Or does the point of view change after a while? I'm so confused right now. :unsure:

FYI, while I'm at work my PC is busy downloading Grisaia no Kajitsu. Just two more days of work and then my holidays start, can't wait to play all these VNs, I think I'm gonna be drinking a lot of energy drink during my holidays :D

Ah, ok, that explains a lot. Thanks a lot, now I'm a lot less confused :D

So Rin is one heroine. Then, who is that girl that you meet in front of school after the first ~10 minutes? Is she gonna be a friend of the protagonist? I do hope she's not, I've only seen like 5 minutes of her and I don't like her at all already.

Ah, ok, that explains a lot. Thanks a lot, now I'm a lot less confused :D

So Rin is one heroine. Then, who is that girl that you meet in front of school after the first ~10 minutes? Is she gonna be a friend of the protagonist? I do hope she's not, I've only seen like 5 minutes of her and I don't like her at all already.

Are you talking about Sakura? If so yeah she's a heroine as well.

Oh god, why. I kinda expected this, but still, this is annoying :/ Well, maybe my first impression was simply unfair. After all, I can't find out unless I give it a try, can I ;)

E:/ Ah, I just google'd Sakura's name. No, that's not her. Wow, I'm relieved. I don't remember her name though... she was pretty tall and apparently she's some sort of friend of Rin's... Well I'll just start playing again when I get home and find out for myself. :)

Oh god, why. I kinda expected this, but still, this is annoying :/ Well, maybe my first impression was simply unfair. After all, I can't find out unless I give it a try, can I ;)

E:/ Ah, I just google'd Sakura's name. No, that's not her. Wow, I'm relieved. I don't remember her name though... she was pretty tall and apparently she's some sort of friend of Rin's... Well I'll just start playing again when I get home and find out for myself. :)

Aah sorry then. If it's the girl from the archery club... I think then yeah she's not a heroine and she rarely appears if I remember correctly :P (Hoping I'm not talking about the wrong person again)

I will recommend Majikoi cuz others alredy recommend some of the great one. The protags is not stupid and ofc he himself chase the girl he likes not the other way around and have some cool action scenes and a lot of girls u could pick even though it still partial.However sometime the story could jump around but its still fun to read n i love this vn cuz their jokes,romances and intresting heroines( my fav is ofc monshiro, my pic but i`m not lolicon{i think}). 

There's nothing bad about being a lolicon, you are not alone among the VN readers, otherise there wouldn't be so many lolis in VNs ;) I have never heard of "Majikoi" before though so as soon as I come home I'm gonna check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

There's nothing bad about being a lolicon, you are not alone among the VN readers, otherise there wouldn't be so many lolis in VNs ;) I have never heard of "Majikoi" before though so as soon as I come home I'm gonna check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

haha thx but i rarely like loli type except if she is tsundere. Another great recomend from me are http://vndb.org/v1896 http://vndb.org/v2622 , both have different genre but the protag is not moron. Again comyu is still partial but the enjoyment from reading it still superb especially if u like fantasy type vn and it have the best osananajimi u could ask for.

What is an "Osananajimi"? Never heard that word before.

Tsundere Lolis? I've seen so many animes but I can't think of a single one containing a tsundere loli... I mean, I sure know some small tsunderes like Taiga in Toradora, but one wouldn't consider her a loli, right?

What is an "Osananajimi"? Never heard that word before.

Tsundere Lolis? I've seen so many animes but I can't think of a single one containing a tsundere loli... I mean, I sure know some small tsunderes like Taiga in Toradora, but one wouldn't consider her a loli, right?

yup she`s not a loli IMO. i`m more tsundere fetish. Yeah it`s kinda rare to find Tsundere loli( i found it in real life though).Osananajimi is a childhood friend that grew up with you and lives next to you.

Ah, so for example, Tenri from Kami nomi would be an Osananajimi, right? I don't think any character in a VN could surpass her, she's by far my favorite character in all animes I've seen so far (rank 2 is Kanon from the same anime :D).

minna-san, ohayou gosaimasu! :)

So I finished downloading HoshiMemo during the night and right now my pc at home is busy downloading little busters. As soon as I get home, I would like to download the Remember-series (or whatever you call it). I noticed that there are 3 parts to it, remember11, never17 and a third one... Well, I don't even know if those two names were correct, but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean ;)

Anyways, I tried to find out which of the three is the first one in the series but somehow it didn't say anywhere which one is which part. So which one should I start with?

And, regarding fate / stay night - Im about ~4 hours into the game right now. Just finished the scene where that idiot protagonist

tries to rescue Saber from berserker and gets his stomach blown out of his body

and so far, I don't really know what to think of the VN. When I started EnA, I was lacking sleep for several days since I simply couldn't stop playing, even if it was 1 AM and I had to go to work the next day. However, with fate / stay night, things are different. It just doesn't fascinate me this much yet, but I don't even know why. Probably it's because of the protagonist. I just wish for once in my life to see a protagonist that doesn't act like a child when they're encountered with something they cannot change anything about.

During the scene where the "fake priest" tells you about the holy grail war and the protag is like "I dunno, i still haven't acceptet that master thing yet" I was seriously like "you goddamn idiot, do these two look like they're joking?! Or was what they said too hard to understand? No? Then grow some damn balls and accept your fate!"

Seriously, this is so annoying. I hate when protags act like children and refuse to believe something which is pretty damn obviously the truth. Does the protag change during the story? Because if he doesn't, I think I'm gonna skip fate / stay night and start instantly with HoshiMemo.