1914: The Great War [End]

Aniki

1914: The Great War

STORY

Prologue:

It is the year 1914. Imperialism has reigned over Europe, and only the strongest of nations had survived the dark days of the 19th century. However, war will not disappear. The assassination of a certain Archduke Franz Ferdinand by a Serbian militant set off a diplomatic crisis. The already strained relations between Austria-Hungary and Serbia had worsened when the Austrians sent an ultimatum to Serbia, which they refused. Shots were fired on June 28, 1914. Within weeks, Europe's greatest powers were at war, and the conflict soon spread around the world.

That's what happened in our world, at least.

June 1914:

In our case, the war had occurred differently. Germany took the first step, lead by the devious General Paragon. His selfish plans of invading the neutral country of Denmark caused millions of deaths, both German and Danish. He personally assassinated the king, and took control over Denmark. This started the events that caused the Western Front.

A German exiled for treason against the Kaiser, Aniki, went to France in hopes of liberating the Germans from the Kaiser's tyrannical rule. She was granted an army of like-minded French, and stormed Germany with the strength of Napoleon Bonaparte.

In the northern peninsula of Scandinavia, a Swedish general known by his pseudonym Ohiowar due to his participation in the Ohio Civil War attacked the Norwegian territories. His dream of obtaining Scandinavian unification was initiated with the conquests of his neighbours.

Down in the Balkans, the Serbian General Arturia has been sent by His Majesty Hollend Mai III to attack the Austrian scum before they make a move. His forces swiftly attack the southern portions of Austria-Hungary, liberating his fellow Yugoslavian comrades from the tyrannical rule of the Eastern Empire.

Never once considered a part of Europe, the Ottoman Empire wanted to reclaim its previous glory. Their might was to spread the will of Allah, and to remove these Christian heathens and their false teachings. Though their main focus was to reclaim territory lost. They began their reconquest by invading the once great empire of Greece. History repeats itself as they storm what was once called the Byzantine Empire. They were lead by General Krill, the most feared general in all of Turkey due to his excessive and harmful love for his wives.

Finally, before the month had ended, General Jeftai of Holland had begun his conquests on Belgium. Though there was no apparent reason to it.

July 1914

Though the war had began with nations allied against Germany, the war quickly changed as a new enemy rose, the Third French Republic. Aniki's dream of liberating the Germans from the Kaiser, MrAldred's goal of capturing the Spanish, and Maefdomn's objective of invading the impenetrable island of Britain had caused massive problems in the war. France had returned to the power it had on 1803, the rise of the French Empire.

Nations quickly formed to fight the French threat. Serbia has been left out, and is a co-belligerent of France.
How will the war turn out? No one knows.

August 1914

As French forces expand their territory, the French Revolutionary Legion quickly captured the Netherlands. One allied nation has fallen, which leaves Germany in the open.

Russia had joined the French Commission, and assisted the French by attacking Sweden.

Later on, a royal marriage was formed between Germany and Austria-Hungary, forming Greater Germany.

September 1914

War continued between the Holy Alliance (or the Coalition, as the French call it) and the Commission (or simply France, as the Alliance called it). The French fought in multiple directions with its ally Russia, and its co-belligerent Serbia.

How will this war end? I have to stop asking that question. Obviously Switzerland will win.

INFORMATION

How to Play:
- You must choose a country, and lead it until it is completely destroyed. You may not switch to a different country while your country still survives.
- If your country has been shamefully defeated by a superior nation, you may continue your life and lead the superior nation's army. If two or three nations have divided your country, the country with the most territory captured from your nation is your new nation.
- You may attack once every twenty-four hours.
- The number of territories you capture is determined by the last digit of your post number. To gain your post number, 'quote' your attack post and switch to coded view (The switch on the top-left corner of the full editor). Added to one-tenth of your total territory count, rounded down. You may only capture a maximum of 12 territories per attack.

For Example: Spain wishes to take Portugal for the glory of the king. The last digit of Spain's post was 5, and her total territory was 42. 5 + 42/10 = 5 + 4 = 9 territories captured from Portugal

- You may also attack in a very specific way.

For Example: Germany attacks Russia in what is now modern-day Poland.

The territories captured will be modern Polish land.

For Example: Germany attacks Russia's Baltic regions.

The territories captured will be modern lands of the Baltic states.

For Example: Germany invades France, but crosses Belgium.

Germany will first capture Belgium, then move into France.

You may attack by sea, if you have territory in the same sea sector, which are those greyish-blue lines in the ocean.
- You can form an alliance/royal marriage/pact/entente with other nations. These can be made public or private. Be wary.
- To balance the Russian player, the same attack formula will be used, but the resulting number is divided by 4, rounded down once more. This is due to Russia having a large amount of territory, and the Russian army was one of the worst during WW1 (and even WW2, before Germany angered them too much).
Roleplaying is highly encouraged. It's a tradition practised among the Commission.

Current Map:
LPssTf5.png

Nations:
- A nation may have up to three controllers. They will make individual decisions, but they will operate from the same country. Which means a country with one controller may attack once, two controllers may attack twice, and three controllers may attack thrice. Having multiple controllers will make your expansion faster.
A captured nation must assist the occupier. If your nation has been captured by a stronger nation, you will assist them in their conquest, even if the nation is already full. You will assist the overlord nation until the end of the game.
You cannot liberate captured nations. You cannot return a country to its independent status.

- A country may only unite once. You can unite with any nation, which effectively increases commanders and territories. Note that any penalty a country may have will be effectively removed. Even a small nation such as Luxembourg can unite with a massive country such as Russia.

Ceasefires are possible. A ceasefire can be declared in secret, or announced publicly. A temporary ceasefire between two nations gain a 'trust penalty'. If you have attacked a country you had a ceasefire with, your attack will be divided into three.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland [Royal Red]
Before 1914, the world was under Pax Britannica. Which means Britain was the global hegemon and global policeman.
Territories: 51 (Starting) 43 (Currently)

Under French Occupation
The Kingdom of Spain [Yellow-Orange]
Spain had no reason to fight World War One, since it was not allied to any country.
Territories: 42 (Starting)

Third French Empire [Revolutionary Blue]
France was Germany's main target in World War One.
Territories: 73 (Starting) 180 (Currently)

Greater German Empire [imperial Grey]
Contrary to popular belief, Germany did not start the war.
Territories: 114 (Starting) 194 (Currently)

Russian Empire [Green]
The Russians left the war in 1917, due to the Russian Revolution. This gave birth to the Soviet Union.
Territories: 136 (Starting) 119 (Currently)

United as Greater Germany
Austria-Hungary [Pale Violet]
Austria wasn't really mad about the assassination of her archduke. She just found a good opportunity to take Serbia.
Territories: 89 (Starting)

Kingdom of Serbia [Pale Teal?]
Serbia actually obeyed the ultimatum.
Territories: 13 (Starting) 24 (Currently)

Under German Occupation
Luxembourg
Invaded by Germany as part of the Schlieffen Plan.
Territories: 1

Under French Occupation
Belgium [Lime]
The Belgians were the bravest of Gauls. Oh wait, that was during the Roman era.
Territories: 10 (Starting)

Under French Occupation
Netherlands [Orange]
For some strange reason, the Kaiser of Germany did not want to invade Netherlands. It stayed neutral as a result.
Territories: 12

First Portuguese Republic [Pale Green]
For some strange reason, Germany declared war on Portugal.
Territories: 12 (Starting) 9 (Currently)

Kingdom of Italy [Dark Green]
Italy was neutral until 1915.
Territories: 43 (Starting) 20 (Currently)

Swiss Confederation [Red]
The most peaceful place in Europe.
Territories: 9

Under Ottoman Occupation
Kingdom of Bulgaria [Camouflage Green] 
They were afraid of Ottoman invasion, and allied themselves with the Central Powers.
Territories: 12 (Starting)

Under Ottoman Occupation
Greece [Hellenic Blue]
Greece didn't want to risk another Ottoman invasion.
Territories: 20 (Starting)

Montenegro [brown]
I almost forgot this was here. 
Territories: 5

Albania [Red-Violet]
I don't know what Albania did during World War One.
Territories: 5

Ottoman Empire [Turkish Green]
The Ottomans had no clear goal during World War One. 
Territories: 42 (Starting) 69 (Currently)

Under Swedish occupation
Norway [Arctic Blue]
She was neutral in World War One.
Territories: 12 (Starting)

Disputed by Britain and Germany
Denmark  
She was also neutral in World War One.
Territories: 7

Sweden [Northern Blue]
It would have been more interesting if the Swedish interfered.
Territories: 20 (Starting) 45 (Current)

Romania [Light Brown]
I almost forgot about this.
Territories: 15 (Starting) 5 (Currently)

Players:
1. Paragon4696 - Greater Germany
2. Aneki - France
3. Ohiowar - Sweden
4. Tiagofvarela - UK
5. Arturia - Serbia
6. Krill - Ottoman Empire
7. Jeftai - Netherlands  France
8. MrAldred - France
9. Maefdomn - France
10. Tamachan<3 - Austria-Hungary Greater Germany
11. Crysis99 - Russia
12. Satoshikyouma - Spain France.

Current Alignments:

Holy Alliance

Greater Germany, Great Britain, Sweden. Ottoman Empire

Revolutionary Commission

France, Russia

Serbia (Co-Belligerent)

This game seems interesting.

I'll be Germany, then. :)

3 + 114/10 = 3 + 11 = 14 (Maximum only of 12). Denmark has 7 territories. All captured. 5 attack points wasted. Germany now has 121 territories.

YN8P44g.png

Denmark is now German.

As a German who has been exiled to France, I shall attack Luxembourg, then Germany.

Seems interesting I be Sweden 

First order of business is to set the foundation for a Scandinavian empire 

Sweden is attacking Norway

Let the fun begin 

If i did this right 4+20/10=4+2=6 territories captured from Norway so Norway have 6 territories left 

Edited by ohiowar

I feel I may be endangering my life by exposing myself like this, but this is way too interesting to pass on.

I shall take control of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

"The King wishes to maintain the status quo. The Royal Fleet shall set off and take back the currently German occupied Denmark. Should it be deemed necessary, the country will take previously German territory as punishment for it's boldness."  
(Such as to not waste attack points, since Denmark only had 7 territories to begin with, if I get an attack count higher than 7 I'll use it to take german territory near Denmark)

Edit: I feel I should put slightly more effort onto it, I'll do the maths.

Do to terrible luck, this is mine: 0+52/10 = 5

The Germans lose 5 territories in Denmark.

I enjoyed this Role Play Risk..ENjoyed the last one but wish there was Japan :\...Anyway ill go with Serbia..Reminds me of GoSick..

In the early Hours of a warm mornings of Serbia, A Soldier belonging to the 2nd division of the royal guards hurriedly stormed into their lords room.

Soldier #1 : My lord, Sorry for the intrusion but we have dire matters breaking out at this very moment!

While sitting in his chair, With a cup of Tea in his hands. Their lord and King, Hollend Mai the Third.. With the sudden intrusion he pulled his tea to his lips and replied.

Hollend : What is the matter you speak of? If it is about the Peace treaty that those savages brought to us, I have already sent them home with a refusal.

As he finishes his sentence, He pauses and then starts to place his tea on the table..but not until he was Interrupted.

Soldier #1 : I am afraid it is not about that matter My lord. War! The sound of war has started to spread throughout Europe! Shots and gunfire were heard not too long ago and now we getting reports of Movement in the North Western Europe have rallied Troops... Its War my lord..

With the air frozen from the last words from his trusted guard, The king drops his tea with a Clash. After a few moments, he sends the Soldier out, Asking to be alone.

Hollend : This is Bad, I expected some Trouble..But this..  I need to sort this out.. And quickly.

With sudden force, he quickly gets out of his chair and rushes to his door.

Hollend : Rheina!

With a sudden shout, He calls for his Personal Guard, A lady by Rheina who has served him since his Childhood.

Rheina : Yes my lord.. Is there something troubling you at this hour?

Hollend : We have no time to spare, I will explain it at the Throne room later.. Quickly head to Turia's quarters and give him this message.. " War has come, Send word now, We will follow the strategy we discussed Earlier", He will now what i mean. Go!

With a quick nod and Bow, She rushes of to the Strategist of Serbia..

With her lord out of site, She mumbles.

Rheina : My lord, The look in your eye.. Did you foresee this?

(Their strategy in first phase is)

Attack the source of the problem...ie : Austria-Hungary..with speed to show, We are not to be trifled with.

Serbia Charges towards Austria-Hungary

I shall ally myself with The Netherlands.

since we are passive we do nothing.

but since that wont help us fight against other country's or prevail or continue as a independent state we shall attack Belgium.

8+12/10= 9

[belgium has 1 territory left]

the yanderes shall take the ottoman empire after all we also have no clear goal and we like cushioned foot stools and we will attack Greece. after all its a Mediterranean country and everyone wants Mediterranean love interests.

seems my ottomans have captured nine territory's from the Greeks. 

As a German who has been exiled to France, I shall attack Luxembourg, then Germany.

5 + 73/10 = 5 + 7 = 12 territories. Luxembourg captured. German territory reduced. France now has 85 territories.

If i did this right 4+20/10=4+2=6 territories captured from Norway so Norway have 6 territories left

You did. Congratulations. The Swedish Empire takes 6 Norwegian territories. Sweden now has 26 territories.

I feel I may be endangering my life by exposing myself like this, but this is way too interesting to pass on.

I shall take control of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

"The King wishes to maintain the status quo. The Royal Fleet shall set off and take back the currently German occupied Denmark. Should it be deemed necessary, the country will take previously German territory as punishment for it's boldness."  

(Such as to not waste attack points, since Denmark only had 7 territories to begin with, if I get an attack count higher than 7 I'll use it to take german territory near Denmark)

Do to terrible luck, this is mine: 0+52/10 = 5

The Germans lose 5 territories in Denmark.

Germany loses 5 territories. The British gain 5 territories. The Commonwealth now has 56 territories. Germany has 104.

I enjoyed this Role Play Risk..ENjoyed the last one but wish there was Japan :\...Anyway ill go with Serbia..Reminds me of GoSick..

-amazing story, Aki-kun!-

(Their strategy in first phase is)

Attack the source of the problem...ie : Austria-Hungary..with speed to show, We are not to be trifled with.

Serbia Charges towards Austria-Hungary

8 + 13/10 = 8 + 1 = 9. Serbia now has 22 territories. Austria-Hungary has 80.

the yanderes shall take the ottoman empire after all we also have no clear goal and we like cushioned foot stools and we will attack Greece. after all its a Mediterranean country and everyone wants Mediterranean love interests.

2 + 42/10 = 2 + 4 = 6. You can't fool me, Krill-kun. Ottomans now have 46. Greece has 14.

I shall ally myself with The Netherlands.

since we are passive we do nothing.

but since that wont help us fight against other country's or prevail or continue as a independent state we shall attack Belgium.

8+12/10= 9

[belgium has 1 territory left]

[quote name="jeftai" post="90684" timestamp="1397414465"]

Please read the information section on how to gain your post number.

4 + 12/10 = 4 + 1 = 5. Netherlands has 17. Belgium has 5.

Current Map:

HC1hmTQ.png

NOTE: YOU MAY ONLY MAKE ONE ATTACK EVERY TWENTY-FOUR HOURS. 

I suppose I will ally myself with you and France, and use my turn to begin a full on invasion of Spain.

9+85/10= 17~~ so 12 territories.

Also, I might suggest adding the color of each Nation in the OP for the geographically impaired.

Bienvenue! Welcome to the Third French Empire. An acquaintance of mine is going to play as France as well.

France has 97. Spain has 30.

Ikd4dkI.png

I the Great commander over The Netherlands shall conquer the rest of Belgium.

name="jeftai" post="90992" timestamp="1397479654"

2+17/10 = 3

i geus my army just being lazy and seeing there is no person i can ask to just surrender this gonna take a long time.

I the Great commander over The Netherlands shall conquer the rest of Belgium.

2+17/10 = 3

Belgium has 2. Netherlands has 20.

CutiGhf.png

French forces shall recapture Belgian territory and invade some Dutch territory.

4 + 109/10 = 4 + 10 = 14 (12 territories.)

6qOi8Xy.png

The Kaiser of the German Reich attacks France with his armies to reconquer Germany's former territories and frees Luxembourg, making them independent once more.

You cannot liberate a country once it has been occupied.

5 + 104/10 = 5 + 10 = 15 (12 territories)

France has 97. Germany has 116.

tEPUbyq.png

time : 5 am

[a messenger arrives , he is haggard and carrying a large bloody baseball bat covered in nails]

messenger: "sir the official from the Germans has sent a messenger proposing an alliance and then immediately hit on the girl i had my eye on so i i used my trusty friend here to turn his head in to a pile of goo. was i perhaps out of turn sir?"

yandere king : "no officer you made the right choice even if he was here in an official capacity our empire has no room for tolerance towards those who stand in opposition of our targets. i want you to go take a bath, change in to a fresh set of clothes , something nice like maybe that brain spatter covered white coachman's tux with the extra long tails and some grey gloves. ill have a coach ready to take you to deliver our acceptance of the alliance for me but if they try any thing  you have my permission to slaughter as many as you feel you can handle."

yandere king: "troops! rally yourselves and prepare your arms! until our alliance is set i wish you to run rampant over Greeks kill all who oppose our love. make them look at only you, and remember its ok because we love them."

the ottomans attack Greece again 

post="91010  0+46 / 10 = 4 +4 = 8

Guest Tamachan<3

I want to play this game, too! 

Well, since I'm from Austria, I'll just pick Austria (°O°)
My first order shall be:

Austria is attacking Serbia with all it's might! \(^o^)/

-too much yandere-

the ottomans attack Greece again

0 + 46/10 = 4

Ottomans have 50. Greece has 10.

I want to play this game, too! 

Well, since I'm from Austria, I'll just pick Austria (°O°)

My first order shall be:

Austria is attacking Serbia with all it's might! \(^o^)/

2 + 80/10 = 2 + 8 = 10

Austria-Hungary has 90. Serbia has 12. Welcome to the fold. Sie sind Österreich-Ungarn. Nicht nur Österreich. 

4uwV0M2.png

Guest Tamachan<3

2 + 80/10 = 2 + 8 = 10

Austria-Hungary has 90. Serbia has 12. Welcome to the fold. Sie sind Österreich-Ungarn. Nicht nur Österreich. 

Tut mir Leid, ich kürz Österreich-Ungarn immer ab, da der Name etwas lang is. Nur ne Angewohnheit. Brauchst mich nich Siezen^^

(I'm sorry, I always shorten Austria-Hungary, since the name is quite long. Just a habit.)

Ohiowar, you do not stand alone! Swedes unite!!

AKA, Sweden has had enough of Norway still existing, and has decided to make an unexpected second attack.

Edit: Except that I'm too lazy to calculate the amount of territories captured, but I assume that Sweden will probably usurp Norway completely.

Edited by Katatsumuri

Guest Tamachan<3

Oh hoo.. I wonder who will come on top Tama-dono.. Send word, we devise a strategy tonight!..( In other words, ill do my turn when my 24 hours is up and when I'm home).

I see A-chan has a nice fighting spirit... I like that  :)

Well, let's fight fair and square~

But I shall warn you: Pissing of the Austro-Hungarian Empire has its consequences  ;)