Always The Same Blue Sky...

crimsonnight

http://youtu.be/rN1L9Z6DIus

Ahoy team!

I hope this isn't against the rules (I'd be more than happy to edit my post if it is (promoting such a niche form of media is very tricky!)) but I just wanted to let you know about my VN, 'Always The Same Blue Sky...' :)

Always The Same Blue Sky is a gripping fantastical love story about two young souls, each struggling to make sense of the world in their own way. Complemented by breathtaking artwork and an addictive soundtrack.

Due to mysterious circumstances you have been sent to finish studying on a remote Mediterranean island. Sure you're used to moving around, but even you haven't experienced an island quite like this... a girl quite like Kira. In an already niche genre of storytelling, Always The Same Blue Sky stands out as a truly unique, seaside adventure; a timeless tale of love, mystery and humanity.

Although it's a polished product I look at it as a work in progress as there's still so much I'd like to do with it, for example I've written a second ending and would like to integrate choices/a branching narrative. I feel it's important to generate interest in it beforehand so that I can justify further work on this project. If you think you'd like it, check out: http://alwaysthesamebluesky.com for more information, and if people show interest on this thread then I'll create a special coupon code for you all :)

*EDIT* All versions can be downloaded here (demos for each version on their respective pages): https://gumroad.com/crimsonnight with the android version and demo also available on the Google Play Store. If purchased via gumroad enter the code 'fuwa' at the checkout for a special discount - the number of times the code can be used is limited so it's a first-come-first-serve.

Vndb shows that there is a Demo version of the game.

Where can we download it ? I need to have my own impression first.

And my personnal opinion is that it's not a very good idea to sell it.

I'm not against Indie creative VN's at all and would even encourage it.

But Katawa Shoujo was free for example.

And most affordable VN's can be found for free online.

I'm not saying it's not good or anything, but for a < 2 hours VN I wouldn't pay.

Thank you all for your kindness and support, I appreciate it - I was going to put links to everything (inc the demo), but again, wasn't sure on the rules! I'll update the first post with a link and discount coupon :)

And my personnal opinion is that it's not a very good idea to sell it.

I'm not against Indie creative VN's at all and would even encourage it.

But Katawa Shoujo was free for example.

And most affordable VN's can be found for free online.

I'm not saying it's not good or anything, but for a < 2 hours VN I wouldn't pay.

I completely understand where you're coming from maefomn, the only reason I'm selling it (for the same price as a cup of coffee) is in the hope I'll make back some of the money I invested into the project - as I said, I'd be awesome to get to the point where I can afford to develop it further, and if it really took off, develop the sequel/prequels I've written!

Oh yeah... I remember this game... didn't you send me a free copy over youtube a few months ago?

I could well have, I'm still struggling to promote it to be honest, I guess because it's such a niche genre it's hard to gain exposure, hence why I started this thread! If any of you have any advice it'd be appreciated :)

That being said, I love the quality of the writing. Quite slick. Not really a VN that interests me, but the quality is quite impressive. I'll be keeping an eye on your studio. Good luck!

It's more than just a simple romance VN but I want to keep this thread spoiler free ;) Cheers for your interest!

0_o does the exe get deleted once I finished the demo ?

Okay my impressions.

On the writing I have nothing to say, it was good, pleasant and easy to read.

The two presented CG's were wonderfull, nothing to say about them, I just liked them. But strangely the sprites weren't as good (Well the blond girl's).

The eye animation is a good bonus, makes the game feel more real and lively.

Background images were good.

Music was okay, not exceptionnal but not bad. (I would listen more carefully if they exe didn't disapear  -_- )

The pace of the story telling changes pretty quickly from precise description to quick event jumps (bed->classroom in 10 seconds). I don't know if it's intended and have no idea how it's going to influence my experience in the long run. But it didn't bother me in 5 minutes of gameplay.

And both of them being friendly so fast felt a little weird.

Well I guess in order to tell a story in <2hours you have to rush things a little.

If you want to promote your game, I still believe that free DL is the way to go.

Putting a price on it will be a massive break to it's spread.

Put a donate button rather than making people pay not even knowing what is awaiting them.

There are tons of creative amateur Vn's out there and even if yours seems to be above average and even if you paid from your own pocket for it, it doesn't justify putting a price on it.

As I already said, Katawa shoujo is the best example.

Oh and one last thing : in the menu there is a "voice volume" option. Do you plan to add voice acting ?

Edit: Don't take my words for harsh critisism, I really want to help you.

Edited by Guest

Not at all, I appreciate you taking the time to check it out and also your feedback :)

0_o does the exe get deleted once I finished the demo ?

The .exe definitely doesn't get deleted, there's no way I'd know how to code that lol (not that I'd want to!)

The pace of the story telling changes pretty quickly from precise description to quick event jumps (bed->classroom in 10 seconds). I don't know if it's intended and have no idea how it's going to influence my experience in the long run. But it didn't bother me in 5 minutes of gameplay.

And both of them being friendly so fast felt a little weird.

Well I guess in order to tell a story in <2hours you have to rush things a little.

There's a few reasons for this really - the main one is, I was so sick of reading poorly translated VNs with tons of filler so I made a concious decision to only include important scenes that advanced the characters/plot in a meaningful way which is probably why it's the length it is. There's a reason that both of them get friendly quickly that makes perfect sense after going through the novel once - it's definitely a story you'd read from a new perspective the second time through - everything should fall nicely into place ;) That being said, I think those are the only 2 highly-descriptive parts in the novel, and the reason I wrote them like that was to highlight their significance... like how you remember important events more vividly. The VN is definitely a mesh of light-hearted an serious moments.

If you want to promote your game, I still believe that free DL is the way to go.

Putting a price on it will be a massive break to it's spread.

Put a donate button rather than making people pay not even knowing what is awaiting them.

There are tons of creative amateur Vn's out there and even if yours seems to be above average and even if you paid from your own pocket for it, it doesn't justify putting a price on it.

As I already said, Katawa shoujo is the best example.

I totally get where you're coming from, but I don't think I'd recover any funds from a donate option which would mean I'd be unable to work on updates/release any more VNs (because it'll just continue to cost me money which I don't have) which would be a shame - I'd definitely be interested to hear the rest of the communities views on this though!

Oh and one last thing : in the menu there is a "voice volume" option. Do you plan to add voice acting ?

It's one of the features I'd love to add! Only Kira would be voiced though as I want the player to put themselves in the protagonist's shoes (male or female)

so I made a concious decision to only include important scenes

I don't think that that is really a good thing, some fillers are definitely welcome in a VN as they help you with connecting with a characters batter, also if you only include important scenes it will feel rushed. Shuffle! VN was done in a same way and that was pretty much the reason I hated it even true I loved an anime version that had expended events and added some filler events.

I don't think that that is really a good thing, some fillers are definitely welcome in a VN as they help you with connecting with a characters batter, also if you only include important scenes it will feel rushed. Shuffle! VN was done in a same way and that was pretty much the reason I hated it even true I loved an anime version that had expended events and added some filler events.

I believe my world still manages to be fully engrossing, but through the artwork and design as opposed to simply more time being exposed to it. Obviously I built the novel as a result of my personal experiences with VNs, I'm sure everyone has different reading habits/preferences - I'm always interested to hear peoples feedback after reading my novel

I believe my world still manages to be fully engrossing, but through the artwork and design as opposed to simply more time being exposed to it. Obviously I built the novel as a result of my personal experiences with VNs, I'm sure everyone has different reading habits/preferences - I'm always interested to hear peoples feedback after reading my novel

Well I will give a chance to demo when I find a time. True personally I prefer slow moving VNs rather than rushed ones. But I also believe that if a writer is really good short story can be as good as long one but it requires far more skill.

Well I will give a chance to demo when I find a time. True personally I prefer slow moving VNs rather than rushed ones. But I also believe that if a writer is really good short story can be as good as long one but it requires far more skill.

The pressure's on then ay! ;) Hope you enjoy it bud!