Irotoridori no Sekai Translation

I don't mind if tl went MIA. But please at least release content u already have, I am sure someone will take it over.

Especially project of this caliber....

shinku <3

Don't you know that all translation teams that quit midway through need to set the hardrive with all the progress on fire and throw it into the bottom of the ocean?

are there plans to retranslate this? i'm so looking forward to its completion x(

i don't know so much about it.

but... many people know if the offical website is dead !

Irosekai translation is tokidan project,so, the translation is definitely DEAD !

Frankly speaking, unlike Hoshimemo, Irotoridori no Sekai and Hikari has some terms that would be difficult to make sense (as well as differentiate) if translated to English, despite that the language level in the game itself is pretty simple compared to many others.

By the time I finished Irosekai around 2012 it is also the time where the Tokidan translations were at its peak before it goes into permanent hiatus (leaving the most important final route un-translated), I was not gonna have faith in relying on someone to re-translate this without assurance it can be completed in a few years. (using that time, anyone who actively seek to improve their Japanese language would have improved enough to play a VN without assisted tools)

There is a completed fan translation for Chinese though, if anyone can read Chinese, they can get the Chinese patch for both Sekai and Hikari (including an All-Ages patch that removes all the H-scenes). Otherwise it will be a more feasible option to improve on Japanese or use translation tools to get on the business right away. This game deserves more attention!

Well, it has been 3 years already since its release, so definitely a lot has already played it. However, the numbers are still greatly limited because it isnt translated.

Anyway, people who really wanted to play knowing it is a very great game, will play it, without translations, there are other ways, but unfortunately majority don't because they want convenience/leisure and rather just wait it out.

Those who play it recommends it, spread the word, and hope it could someday get a translation.

What I fear is that no one picks up and it remains dead, and eventually forgotten...

Well, it has been 3 years already since its release, so definitely a lot has already played it. However, the numbers are still greatly limited because it isnt translated.

Anyway, people who really wanted to play knowing it is a very great game, will play it, without translations, there are other ways, but unfortunately majority don't because they want convenience/leisure and rather just wait it out.

Those who play it recommends it, spread the word, and hope it could someday get a translation.

What I fear is that no one picks up and it remains dead, and eventually forgotten...

No No No,that's scary

• 2 weeks later...

how would one go about finding out the engine いろとりどりのセカイuses and info about it with means of starting a new translation project

Favorite engine is pretty weird and there are no openly released tools for hacking it so you will need someone to make you a tool or ask Staircase for help (they did modify their hoshimemo tools to help Tokidan - but both tokidan and staircase are pretty dead - but there is still way to contact them at [email protected] and ask them for help - they are helping me with Eternal Heart project after all).

Well I got one working. It's not the most beautiful thing ever, and honestly I don't recommend anyone to actually translate anything with this because it's ridiculously messily bad and the dump is 6MB so it's not very easy to navigate at all, but I'll put it out there anyway to encourage some proper devs to make better tools.

Also I've only had the trial to work with, and it's extremely likely that there's going to be more opcodes in the full game, and I can't really do anything about that as I don't have (or really want to, sorry) get the game.

http://pastebin.com/tWrzAdLM - For Python 2.7 (not 3.0+)

Usage is "script.py <-e/-c> <filename>"

-e to extract, -c to compile.

Search the dump for "string" to find all the actual strings. Keep them to one line, the game uses automatic newlining, although it ignores spaces.

To add a new string you'd need to add code like this (everything highlighted):

sCqKZvZ.jpg

But again, I'm not really putting this out as something to actually work with, just to hopefully have others make better tools. All the opcode definitions which is all you really need are all defined at the top of the script.

• 1 month later...

Well, hope always dies last. Sometimes projects really get picked up again.

It is however a damn shame for this to die so close to completion.

I can't understand why someone who put his heart into this translation and got so far, won't at least offer what exists of his work to others who could continue.

Even if I had no interest into it anymore, I would do it, so as not to waste all the effort I already put into it.

Yeah, it's rather unfortunate that groups are translating visual novels only to encounter problems, both digitally and in life, that causes the entire process to go to shambles. I don't mind using a machine translator, seeing how I can somewhat pick out what they're generally trying to say, but yeah, sometimes I feel that I'm missing out on some important information that could be crucial to the story due to its vagueness.

So yeah, hoping that a group would successfully finish the translations, but so far I'm just reading it to the best of my ability.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got one working. It's not the most beautiful thing ever, and honestly I don't recommend anyone to actually translate anything with this because it's ridiculously messily bad and the dump is 6MB so it's not very easy to navigate at all, but I'll put it out there anyway to encourage some proper devs to make better tools.

Also I've only had the trial to work with, and it's extremely likely that there's going to be more opcodes in the full game, and I can't really do anything about that as I don't have (or really want to, sorry) get the game.

http://pastebin.com/tWrzAdLM - For Python 2.7 (not 3.0+)

Usage is "script.py <-e/-c> <filename>"

-e to extract, -c to compile.

Search the dump for "string" to find all the actual strings. Keep them to one line, the game uses automatic newlining, although it ignores spaces.

To add a new string you'd need to add code like this (everything highlighted):

sCqKZvZ.jpg

But again, I'm not really putting this out as something to actually work with, just to hopefully have others make better tools. All the opcode definitions which is all you really need are all defined at the top of the script.

If you could get a full script dump, I'm interested in this. No guarantee of success or anything, but I'm definitely interested.

That is a full dump. You mean from the full game rather than the trial? Did you try it with the full game and see if there were any unknown opcodes? I don't really want to get the full game, but there must only be a couple of new ones if any, so you could likely do it just from looking at the script in a hex editor. If you have the scripts from the full game and they don't work, up them somewhere and I'll have a look.