Irotoridori no Sekai Translation

That is a full dump. You mean from the full game rather than the trial? Did you try it with the full game and see if there were any unknown opcodes? I don't really want to get the full game, but there must only be a couple of new ones if any, so you could likely do it just from looking at the script in a hex editor. If you have the scripts from the full game and they don't work, up them somewhere and I'll have a look.

What file would they be in? Also, as pathetic as this sounds, I don't know how to use a basic programming tool like Python. :lol: If I get you the file, could you dump the scripts to txt for me, pretty please?

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm already aware that the previous project had died at 85% (which is quite sad :( ), but I'm curious if anyone has actually picked it up. Is there a new project out there for this game, and if there isn't when would will expect someone coming along willing to reinvent the wheel. This is really a curiosity thing, not actually expecting anything.

Foxxy

No one has publicly come forth to translate this since the death of tokidan's project. A big part of this may be because nobody has tokidan's 85% translated script.

That's a shame, really. Well, I guess if you want something done you have to do yourself.. I would happily do it, but I have no hacking knowledge, and I hear hacking into Favorite engine is a bit difficult. Well, anyway I have decided to at least translate it, without hacking. Know however my Japanese language abilities is around sub-par compared to someone who's studied for years, so the quality will be questionable. But if I can at least make something for someone to start with it, then I am confident whatever I make will be satisfactory. If anyone wants more information please visit my newly found wordpress website (can't beat free hosting  ^_^ ), which can be found here: http://projectirotoridori.wordpress.com/

Don't expect anything special. This isn't really an official translation project, neither is it intended to be. Its just something I decided to do on my own, for my own goals, and well, hopefully to give someone out there some encouragement to start a real project.

Have a good night everyone :)

Foxxy

Thanks, I have contacted them, so I'll see what they have to say. In the mean time, I guess I'll wait before translating anything else until they've contacted me.

EDIT: Btw Kelebek1, I did a simple test on your script. I used Notepad++ to replace a frequent Japanese character (の), with any English word. The の character was used 30,000 some times through the strings, so I'm confident that's a majority of lines edited. And yes, it does produce errors. Your script can't even compile the 2 text files back together. So without further improvement, this is deemed useless, I'm afraid.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...