My thoughts on Remember 11 (*SPOILERS*)

grim_tales1

I just finished this recently and really liked its blend of sci-fi, mystery and brain mashing twists, the routes werent as mundane as the 1st four in Ever 17

Overall I felt it was a really good VN, much better than Never 7 and almost as good as Ever 17/999.

I hated Mayuzumi though, I dont know why, maybe I'm just not a fan of tsundere characters

I get that she had to be tough or whatever, but there's no need to be so damn rude and unfriendly

Satoru's route was more interesting than Kokoro's in general.

But

The game felt incomplete and there didnt seem to be a happy ending - WTF? So many unanswered questions. One of my thoughts is about the "3rd personality" - maybe that is of the real Inubushi Keiko who jumps around into different people.

The final lines of the Kagome song, scared the crap out of me :o

That reveal when you see a version of yourself (?) in one ending ultimately being responsible for the whole thing, made me almost fall off my chair :o

Just WHO is Yuni?

M'afraid you'll never get the answers to those questions except by community theories. The ending was rushed because the company in charge of it was running out of money. 

Although I enjoyed this game, that ending, coupled with my tendency to avoid bad ends like the plague, means I'm pretty much in the dark about what went on at the end.

Meh, doesn't matter. I really liked Kokoro (so cute and nice <3) and I think Satorou "thinking" was something amazing (for some reason... 'look, look! a character is using his brain and conveying his thoughts to the player! ain't that brilliant?'), so, I had fun nonetheless.

I never thought that the routes ware mundane. There was always something important going on in the story. The more you reread it the more you'll notice things you didn't see. It's amazing how detailed this vn really is. There were plans for a final third route but it never made it into the game. I'm sure we'd understand more about Mayuzumi in the last route, I just have a feeling the writer wouldn't leave any one undeveloped.

so no satisfying ending for this vn? ;d

with the way ever17 ended i had more hope for this(was gonna read it this month)

meh

In Ever17 there were almost no mysteries left in the end, they really took the time to explain the mysteries. This isn't the case at all in Remember11, it is all about catching the hints and read everything there is (including bad ends, they are really important) and then you can figure out a lot. But..I don't think anyone really knows how to explain all mysteries is this game.

In Ever17 there were almost no mysteries left in the end, they really took the time to explain the mysteries. This isn't the case at all in Remember11, it is all about catching the hints and read everything there is (including bad ends, they are really important) and then you can figure out a lot. But..I don't think anyone really knows how to explain all mysteries is this game.

ah so here u have to read everything as well huh.

well guess its unfinished like people are saying here

sad

Certainly a convenient excuse. "The fans need to use their brains and figure it out!" 

Meh, maybe if I was smarter I wouldn't mind it as much.

Certainly a convenient excuse. "The fans need to use their brains and figure it out!" 

Meh, maybe if I was smarter I wouldn't mind it as much.

I don't think that was the intention at all though, like a lot of people here already mentioned, it is incomplete because of budget.

Does anyone know how to get all the tips? I'm currently going through some of Kokoro's routes - maybe I shouldnt speed through the text :( I think I get that

the killer is actually Satoru from the past (?) Although to Kokoro its the 'future' - its amazing the VN is so detailed in some ways but at the end they didnt tell you things like who the 'third personality' is then Inubushi Keiko steals Utsumui's baby and starts singing that creepy song - and thats a 'happy' ending?!

Still a long way to go with 20 more endings to get (33 in total).

Maybe someday, someone could try and complete the story, even if it was just written down as a book or something.

Its sad it was incomplete as the company ran out of money. And that same fate appears to be happening with Zero Escape series now too :(

I really liked Kokoro too, she is a nice character. Sometimes pretty funny too;

2hhhwfn.jpg

LOL that scene did make me laugh, sometimes I do wonder about portrayals like that -

OK that kind of thing is a bit squicky but Yomogi isnt really that old, and I did think that Yuni was weird in places and his interactions with Kokoro could be rather creepy - "Do you want to prove I'm not a child?" making Kokoro look like some kind of paedophile.. damnit, Japan...

:o

***999, VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD, EVER17, REMEMBER11 SPOILERS***

I just finished Satoru epilogue and the plan failed bad ending which was supposed to make things clearer, while in fact it confused me even more. 

Just what the hell is with the end?

So many questions...

Just who is the 3rd person? Is it one of Utsumi's twins?
Why did Satoru climb the clock tower?
Who was the shadow that pushed him?
Just what the hell is happening in the "Yukidoh's Plan Fail" end?!

And these are just from the top of my head...

Well, the conclusion was underwhelming. 999 actually was the first story to get the point across fully-no lingering questions and a wonderfully sad climax, loved the sudoku. VLR was mostly good in that regard as well though I was confused about "?" and Kyle and mostly about the dates where the "time jumps" occur. Ever17 felt fairly incomplete-how did Tsugumi contract Cure in the first place?! Remember11? The conclusion teetered apart and crumbled to pieces. There were some tense and sad endings (namely suicide end and the ends where Kokoro just drops into the snow) but the good ends were a bad kind of mindfuck: the kind where you do not have the slightest grasp on what's happening.(The good kind is where the plot molests your mind and you like it, i.e. VLR)

More rant incoming

Moments made me laugh:

-"My irreplaceable pal..."(Satoru realizes his manhood is gone)

-"Hold it in"/"Mentally prepare and go" selection (Kokoro realizes her ladyship is gone)

-K:"I want a baby"

S:"It'll be pretty hard to get one by yourself"

K:"Would you help me?"

tl;dr anything sexual

Edit: I liked Kokoro more than Satoru because well, she's hot. (And I admit I'd seize the opportunity to discover a female body if I were in place of Satoru)

Also I am not good about conveying my feelings with writing (English is not my native language) so there are a ton of other things I could talk about. I hear there is some sort of "Infinity series timeline", where can I find that?

Also I am not good about conveying my feelings with writing (English is not my native language) so there are a ton of other things I could talk about. I hear there is some sort of "Infinity series timeline", where can I find that?

Hum... I'd certainly like to have one if such a thing existed, but I don't know if it does...

Well, I do plan on eventually replay Never 7 Ever 17 and Remember 11 in order, and, hopefully, I can grasp some of what's going on and how they all relate to each other.

Hmm.. weird, I never knew that. Ever 17 was the first one I played and then Never 7.

REMEMBER 11 SPOILERS:

Yeah, just WTF is that ending where Satoru sees himself all about?

Maybe Inubushi's personality jumped in different people and thats why Kokoro went crazy?

Who is the third personality?

I'd hardly call the epilogue a Happy Ending, I just went "HOLY SH*T" and then it just finished :(

I really think the third person is one of Utsomi's babies. The "red dreams" that Satoru sees, the relaxed feeling, etc. make sense that way. I think that the other baby is actually swiching places between Inubushi-Hotori. The one that delightedly killed that suit guy: Inubushi. The one that innocently jumped around in the blood: The baby's personality(maybe also the part where hotori does weird stuff while satoru is at bathroom)

Also, I just realized that Remember11's "11" comes from 2011 while Ever17's "17" comes from 2017. I can bet Never7's "7" comes from 2007!(I did not read that one yet though, so no spoilers)

I didnt notice that, good spot!

I noticed too the "17" in Ever 17 could be from Tsugumi always being 17, and the "11" in Remember 11 could be because Yuni is 11, you must remember him because he's important..?

That makes even more sense to be honest, but I think that's harder to find out on your own. Also the timeline link is here: http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=InfinitySeries:Chronology 

Edit:

Maybe "Remember" comes from Satoru's amnesia and "Ever" comes from Tsugumi's eternal illness?

Let's do some Satoru-style badass reasoning.

Let's call a point that we do not understand "r". Some of them(think and you'll find probably 30 more):

r1:Who is the third personality?

r2:Why was Satoru at the clock tower and who pushed him?

r3:Who is Enomoto? Why is he there? What is his "organization"?

r4:Why is Satoru at SPHIA in the first place?

r5:(Nearly anything that happens in Yukidoh's Plan Fail End)

Possible answers:

r1:I think I really got this one. First off, stating facts:

Island: Area 1 (A1) SPHIA: Place 1 (P1)

Mountain:Area 2 (A2) Cabin: Place 2 (P2)

Mines: Area 3(A3) White Room: Place 3 (P3)

We know that the jumps are between space and time. Therefore, it is possible to theorize these are the times and the particular transfer-ees("t" from now on), I will explain them:

A1: 2012-Satoru(S and SB -for "S' body"- from now on)+Hotori(H+HB)

A2: 2011-Kokoro(K+KB)+Inubushi(I+IB)

A3: 2011-Baby 1(A+AB)+Baby 2(B+BB)

Utsumi says that she was taken out of hospital in July 2011 and she gave birth in August 2011. Utsumi is not a t. Her twin babies are- both of them. 

Satoru says that the transfer is as follows: "Me->Kokoro->a->Me"

After one round of change:

A1:A-SB

A2:S-KB

A3:K-AB

Of course at A3 AB is just a fetus, hence the "red dreams" of comfort and tranquility- that's Kokoro experiencing being a fetus. The brain is not fully developed so she is unable to remember much.

Next round:

A1: K-SB

A2: A-KB

A3- S-AB

S cannot remember what happens as a fetus either.

The final proof is from a TIP called "Baby Colic"- it states that babies have no conscience so if they had an able body they would go on a rampage, thinking all the deaths were just a game. This proves that A has killed Enomoto. A has wrecked the living room.

Now comes the part that I think I am the only one to figure out. 

B.

Now I am not sure about this but I am confident that it is true. 

-Mindfuck incoming-

The personality transfer of Hotori and Inubushi-

They were three people too. The third t is B- the OTHER baby.

From the bad ends we can gather that one CAN transfer into a dead body, though I am not sure about if one can survive themselves after that.

What happened is that the transfers re like this:

start:

A1: I-IB

A2: H-HB

A3: B-BB

first transfer:

A1: B-IB

A2: I-HB

A3: H-BB

Now, what I think is happening is that 

1) either I died with HB and removed itself from the equation

2) all 3 are switching places between bodies even if one is dead

I think that the first one is more likely, I think that if I ever found herself in her body she would have gone through a rampage(however, not sure because the fits she throws might very well be because of this). 

What I am sure of is that the weird things she does in Satoru's room and the fact that she often cannot even talk is because B is in HB and B does not know how to talk yet, also explains why Hotori was splashing in the blood of Enomoto happily, she's just playing aww

That's the only one I can answer myself though. The others might be explained in this awesome site: http://explainremember11.wordpress.com/ 

Brilliant reasoning! But that's all it is. Unfortunately for us, even if each person finds an explanation that satisfies them, we'll never be able to know what's actually going on. I'll just go for that now.

Now, regarding the names in Ever 17 and Remember 11, although all this conjecture seems to line up. Having played Never 7 I can make no such connections at the current time...

Never 7 takes place in 2019. Even though the order of the games goes as such: Never 7-Ever 17-Remember 11, the times goes as such 2019-2017-2011. And the main thing that connects them?

... I can't remember... The main thing connecting Ever 17 and Never 7

is Curé, though.

Actually it turns out that there was an infinity game called just "infinity" for PS1... maybe all the mysteries are there.

Not that, but...

I could not unlock the third TIP, anyone with an idea why?

Brilliant reasoning! But that's all it is. Unfortunately for us, even if each person finds an explanation that satisfies them, we'll never be able to know what's actually going on. I'll just go for that now.

Now, regarding the names in Ever 17 and Remember 11, although all this conjecture seems to line up. Having played Never 7 I can make no such connections at the current time...

Never 7 takes place in 2019. Even though the order of the games goes as such: Never 7-Ever 17-Remember 11, the times goes as such 2019-2017-2011. And the main thing that connects them?

... I can't remember... The main thing connecting Ever 17 and Never 7 is Curé, though.

Thanks! Though please post Never7 spoilers with spoiler tag next time, I only just started reading it.

Edit:

"...I can't remember..." I see what you did there in the last line.

Thanks! Though please post Never7 spoilers with spoiler tag next time, I only just started reading it.

Edit:

"...I can't remember..." I see what you did there in the last line.

You are quite right, I hadn't even noticed the spoiler. 

I'd recommend you do the same, because as it is now, you're the one spoiling other people.