Greetings, equally addicted human beings.

Mr Poltroon

I've decided that introducing myself would be a good idea, especially in such a way that people would be able to figure out my interests. 

I'm from Portugal and I found out about visual novels through the game "To the Moon", which had a rather unique style and induced me to try games further away from my usuals, like the Ace Attorney series. The first more 'traditional' visual novel I played was Ever 17.

I like Mystery, Romance and some of the Visual Novels I liked the most had quite a lot of Fantasy, however, I don't usually like fantasy at all. I must admit action sequences do nothing for me as well. Comedy is what composes most of what I read.

I have no capability at all to judge a game. I mostly choose by instinct, although I make sure to research the game beforehand. 

Regarding what I've fully read thus far, here's the list (in the order I read them as well!):

*Ace Attorney Series; 

Professor Layton Series; 
999 - Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors; 
*Virtue's Last Reward;
*Ever 17: The Out of Infinity; 
Remember 11: The Age of Infinity; 
*Never 7: The End of Infinity; 
*Umineko: When they Cry; (Episodes 5-8);

Corpse Party BloodCovered; 
*Little Busters!; 
Dangan Ronpa; 
G-Senjou no Maou; 

I have marked with an asterisk all my favorites.

Other than Visual Novels I've also got some Manga and some Anime I've seen. This is the complete list of everything I've ever seen (made in Japan) in chronological order [outdated]:

Doraemon;
Sgt. Frog; 
 Ace Attorney Series;
Professor Layton Series;
 999 - Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors;
Virtue's Last Reward;
 Ever 17: The Out of Infinity;
Remember 11: The Age of Infinity;
 Never 7: The End of Infinity;
Higurashi: When they Cry (visual novel - unfinished);
 Higurashi: When they Cry (anime);
Higurashi: When they Cry (OVA season 1);
 Umineko: When they Cry (anime);
Umineko: When they Cry (Visual Novel - Episodes 5-8);
 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya;
Lucky Star;
 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (season 2);
Clannad;
 Clannad: After Story;
Kobato;
 Azumanga Daioh;
Bunny Drop;
 Fruits Basket;
Detective Connan (unfinished [even if I wanted to finish this one I'd probably die of old age before I got there...]);
 Black Butler;
Little Busters (anime - unfinished);
 Hetalia: Axis Powers (unfinished);
Dõjin Work (canceled);
 Kanon;
Aria: The Animation;
 Fortune Arterial;
Gosick;
 Ah! My Goddess!;
Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy (unfinished);
 K-On!;
Ouran High School Host Club (unfinished);
 Special A (unfinished);
Bunny Drop (manga);
 Fruits Basket (manga);
Honey and Clover (unfinished);
 Little Busters!;
Dangan Ronpa;
 Dangan Ronpa: The Animation (unfinished);
Super Dangan Ronpa 2 (unfinished - watched a walkthrough);
 G-Senjou no Maou;
Full Metal Panic (unfinished);
 Full Metal Panic Fumoffu (unfinished);
Toradora!;
 Grisaia no Kajitsu;
Katawa Shoujo;
 Sharin no Kuni;
Love Hina;
 Kimi ni Todoke (unfinished);
Umineko: When they Cry (Visual Novel - Episodes 1-4);
 Shion no Ō;
Hyōka;
 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai;

Nichijou (unfinished);
 Hoshizora no Memoria (unfinished);
CROSS CHANNEL - (cancelled);
 Liar Game;
The World God Only Knows (1st and 2nd Seasons);
 The World God Only Knows (,anga - unfinished);
Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ (unfinished);

Swan Song (unfinished);

Oreimo (unfinished);

As you can see, I have a lot of unfinished ones, but very few that I've actually cancelled. This is because I can get easily bored of a visual novel when I find out about another one. Imagine you're rich, you buy the best car out there. Suddenly, you find out about a new one that just came out, you'd want that one instead, right? I always feel that, which means I have a tendency not to finish things, except when I find them brilliantly amazing.

Now, onto my favourite characters! Guess what? Another list ('Tis a long one, filled with names) [outdated]:

-> Protagonists:

*Yuuiji Kazami

My number 1 protagonist, this is because he's awesome, he is sarcastic, he has complicated solutions to simple problems, he's dense, and much more!

*Yuichi Aizawa
*Tomoya Okazaki

Tied at number 3, I like them both for their snarkyness and the way they tease people.

*Kyon

My number 2 protagonist, I really like his snarky personality. It gives a lot of points in my book.

*Kobato Hanato

*Tohru Honda

They're both cute, nice and a ditz. Approved.

Riki Naoe

Hideki Motosuwa

Hershel Layton
*Phoenix Wright

I like how he's sarcastic, although he keeps it to himself. I also love the way how he turns things around.

Athena Cykes
Apollo Justice

*Haruhi Fujioka

I like her remarks, and the way she looks like the only sane person.
Takeshi Kuranari

Sigma Klim

*Kokoro Fuyukawa

I like cuteness, this also proves people don't need to be loli's to be cute.
*Satoru Yukidoh

I like logic.

*Battler Ushiromiya

His stubbornness is the only reason he's here. He made comebacks that were made to look awesome do to epic music, but he was wrong most of the time.
Ange Ushiromiya

*Ryuuji Takasu

'twas the first time the boy was the one who cooked and did the chores, furthermore, he delivered really funny remarks.

Kyosuke Kosaka

You Kogasaka

*Sawako Kuronuma

She is way. too. cute.

Sebastian Michaelis

-> Heroines/Love interests:

*Mio Nishizono

She is my number one heroine. She is intelligent, she is snarky (although unaware of it) and funny do to her nature of misunderstanding otherwise simple things.

*Isuzu Aoi

Her poisonous tongue is the reason I like her.

*Akane Senri

She is the number 2 heroine. She has a tendency to be sarcastic, and is funny because of that. She also has a nicer side, but it's no complete turnabout like a tsundere... I really like her, for some reason.

*Victorique de Blois

She is the number 3 heroine. I like logic, I like snarky remarks, I like sass. She has it all.

*Michiru Matsushima
*Sachi Komine

I like them both, be it before or after their problems are fixed.

Komomo Hisakaki

Kirino Kosaka

Saori Makishima

*Ruri Gouko

*Taiga Aisaka

Both of these have terrible personalities, but then have a nice cute that they refrain from showing often (Well, not so much in Kirino's case, but yeah). As I said before, I like Tsunderes.

Nagisa Furukawa

*Shizuru Nakatsu

Although I was unaware of it, I appear to have a weakness for loli and cute things... To complement this, she has a tragic backstory and an all around nice personality.
Chihaya Ohtori

*Yuki Nagato

I like the unsociable types.

*Kudryavka Noumi

Although I was unaware of it, I appear to have a weakness for loli and cute things...

Belldandy
Chi
You Tanaka
*Tsugumi Komachi

I like Tsunderes, plus, she was my first heroine, ever.
Sora Akanegasaki
Coco Yagami
*Haruka Higuchi

I like the unsociable types.
Yuka Kawashima
Kurumi Morino

*Phi

I like logic.

Rena Ryugu
Mion Sonozaki
Rika Furude

*Kyouko Kirigiri

I like logic.

-> Supporting cast:

Sanae Furukawa
*Sakuya

I like him for the same reasons I like Sebastian, except this one has an extra snarky personality towards Kotarou.
*Shigure Sohma

I loved his manipulative nature, and I find him funny all around.
Masato Inohara
Okuhiko Iida
*Miles Edgeworth

It's my avatar, need I say more?

The Judge
Light "Snake"

*I loved his way of talking, as well has his logical thinking. In general, this person is very logical and nice.
"Clover"
*Luna

I have a weakness for nice people.
*"K"

I absolutely loved his way of talking, as well as his manipulative nature. Perhaps it's because we can't see his face, but he's pretty much the only one who can present an argument       that makes a situation ridiculously advantageous to him seem to be of mutual interest to both parties, logically, as well.

Seiji Yomogi
Hideyoshi Ushiromiya
George Ushiromiya
Kyrie Ushiromiya
Lion Ushiromiya
Shannon
Chiyo Kumasawa
Terumasa Nanjo

Lambdadelta
Virgilia

Willard H. Wright
Yoshiki Kishinuma
Byakuya Togami
Hifumi Yamada
Celestia Ludenberg

-> Antagonists:

Simon Blackquill
*Zero III "the third"
*Monokuma

I like both of these for the same reason: their cheerful nature while simultaneously having an utterly twisted personality! They also deliver funny lines in general. 
Erika Furudo
Beatrice
Bernkastel
Featherine Augustus Aurora
Ronove

Dlanor A. Knox
Gertrude

Within each category I've marked some which I believe to be especially notable and decided to give my opinions on them as well.

Here's another list! Everything that is in progress at the moment [outdated, check my VNDB and Anime List]:

Higurachi: When they Cry (Visual Novel) - Already watched the Anime, though it slightly boring to read again.

Umineko: When they Cry (Visual Novel - Episodes 2,3 and 4) - Currently reading, already watched the Anime though.
Rewrite (Terra Route) - It became much more boring after I finished all the love stories and proceeded to backstory. It recived great reviews all arround though.
 Super Dangan Ronpa 2 (Chapter 3) - My progress slowed to a crall after a couple uneventful days. I still like the story though.
Katawa Shoujo (Rin route, Lilly route and the not-so-good endings) - I think the routes are too short for me to properly enjoy them, slowing my motivation and consequently, progress.
 Sharin no Kuni (Afterstories, Houzuki route) - The afterstories seem rather pointless, like it's just wub wub fanservice.
Keroro Gunsou (Season 4+) - After 300 episodes I kinda stopped...
 Azumanga Daioh (Last few episodes, 19+) - I think it's too good to finish.
Detective Connan (About 700 episodes and 10 movies to go) - Mystery is fine, dramatic plotline with no progress over the course of 700 episodes is not.
 Little Busters! (Episode 22) - Already read the Visual Novel
Hetalia: Axis Powers (Episode 18) - I didn't find them as funny as I thought they would be. Might need to look a little more into history classes.
 Doujin Work (Didn't make it through the first episode...)
Aria: The Animation (Episode 7) - Too good to continue, it's also missing the wub wub element.
 Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy (Episode 16) - The love element wasn't really going anywhere and I didn't ever enjoy the comedy too much.
K-On! (Specials and OVAs) - Nothing's really happening...
 Ouran High School Club (Episode 12) - Spoiled the ending and how the love won't go anywhere. The comedy makes up for it, if I'm feeling comedic.
Honey and Clover (Episode 2) - Spoiled somethings, looks too complicated a love octangulous monstrousity for me.
 Dangan Ronpa: The Animation (Episode 5) - Already read the visual novel.
Special A (Episode 6) - Spoiled the ending.
 Full Metal Panic! (Episode 15) - Spoiled the ending and how the love won't go anywhere.
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu! (Episode 3) - It's painful to watch knowing nothing will happend between the two... Q_Q
 Kimi ni Todoke (Episode 16) - A lot of unecessary drama appears to be present. But Sawako is way too cute for me to just disregard this completely.
Hoshizora no Memoria (Mare route, 2nd half of Asuho route and 2nd half of Chinami route) - After reading some of it I eventually got tired, and proceded to start skipping over routes I  didn't feel like reading. I also read somewhere that the Mare route was more of a 'bonus' route and completely lost the will to play it.
Grisaia no Kajitsu (Angelic Howl) - I have terrible taste and kind of skipped over the 2nd half of it... Once Meiykuu is released I shall finish it.
 Oreimo (2nd season - last 3 episodes) - Basically, they went in a different direction than I wanted it to, so I stopped watching.
CROSS CHANNEL (3rd choice) - I stopped because: 1. The initial pacing was going too slowly for me 2. I read this was a really complicated novel and I feel I'm not up for it.

Do not worry about the boldness of my words, they serve only to mark the distinction from each other and make it easier for the eyes.

Well, as you can see, I'm a sucker for lists and things of the sort!  I love organizing stuff... 

Anyhow, should you want to know my favourites or my rankings regarding any of the things above feel free to ask. If you want me to make my personal list of anything go right ahead and say.

And... if you want something more normal like knowing my interests regarding something, or why I like something, ask away.

I believe I have noted most of the important stuff, although I've no doubt forgotten to  mention something utterly obvious. 

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

You should make a list on http://vndb.org/ , it makes sharing what you've read much easier and you can link to it in your profile and under your avatar. ;)

Have a moe:

33ok7wz.jpg

Good Idea, thank you. I'll make sure to do so.

Approved, I'm a fan of Kud...  of Noumi as well. I rather enjoyed her route in the visual novel and am looking foward Kud Wafter. :D

You win, here's a loli

246565_v0_600x_zps3224c2df.jpg

It doesn't shoot lasers out of its eyes but it's pretty nice I guess.  

Approved, where is it from, BTW?

I take you rather the robots then? :P

Again, thank you everyone.

The lists originally had a bit more information, but I decided to remove it because it was kind of redundant to state the genres and the language I played it in since the language is always English and the genres can be easily searched.

But truly impressive is that list of all the English translated Visual Novels. Not even I have the will to go do something of that scale without incentive... And to find them all? I'm terrible at searching for these things.

It's Douraku Utage from NouCome

And she gets the loli seal of approval

noMNKXY.png

NouCome, eh? I'll make a note of that, appears to be interesting, if nothing else.

Furthermore, from what I've gathered you appear to be the loligagger- er.. loli gatherer around here. I see, I now know who to turn to should I need help (for... some... reason...?) in such a regard .

NouCome, eh? I'll make a note of that, appears to be interesting, if nothing else.

Furthermore, from what I've gathered you appear to be the loligagger- er.. loli gatherer around here. I see, I now know who to turn to should I need help (for... some... reason...?) in such a regard .

I'm not the only one, I'm pretty sure Steve can help you gather lolis too. In fact Fuwa is secretly powered by lolis so whenever you have a chance feel free to post some :D

One day everyone will come to their senses and realise loli superiority.

I'm not the only one, I'm pretty sure Steve can help you gather lolis too. In fact Fuwa is secretly powered by lolis so whenever you have a chance feel free to post some :D

One day everyone will come to their senses and realise loli superiority.

I approve of this cause. Although... I won't actively go around posting such imagery. I have a horrid sense for such things.

If I happen to come across something to be worshiped, however, I'll make sure it is made known to these forums. (after all, according to what you've said it is the best way to power them and I want to be an upstanding member of society, obviously). 

First order of business.

I do not approve robots.

How dare you.

Second order of business:

Hey, welcome to the forums! Quickly looking through your lists it seems that we have a few favorites in common. That's cool.

Here, have some robots/androids/whatever category Motoko Kusanagi falls under.

tlbtkw.jpg

kcfkfz.jpeg

vdzjja.png

First order of business.

How dare you.

Second order of business:

Hey, welcome to the forums! Quickly looking through your lists it seems that we have a few favorites in common. That's cool.

Here, have some robots/androids/whatever category Motoko Kusanagi falls under.

tlbtkw.jpg

kcfkfz.jpeg

vdzjja.png

I see you have your priorities straight.

Now, for my defeat. You have bested me, I cannot disprove of Nano Shinonome...

I've decided that introducing myself would be a good idea, especially in such a way that people would be able to figure out my interests. 

I'm from Portugal and I found out about visual novels through the game "To the Moon", which had a rather unique style and induced me to try 

Hey man what a coincidence, I started on visual novels through To the Moon as well. What a tear jerker huh?