Umineko is bad compare to Higurashi?(no spolier please)

sion12

i finished Higurashi(loved it) and Umineko ep 1 and some of ep2, but isnt the story of umineko kinda bad? it is worth reading at all? i mean they can probably rxplain the murder  logically but currently i fail how except by magic but most of all, the character is really annoying

Battler- retarded, see world reset, dead people talking(ep1 epilogue), cant explain any of the magic and unrefutable evidence but still say "i cant explain it but witch doesnt exist" ! dafug? dont tell me he continue this thorugh out  the novel.

Eva-what a bitch, her deredere to her husband is the only good point

Rosa-nutjob need to see anger managment although i can partially understand her how she treat maria

Maria-annoying little shit, the uuuun uuun, the laugh and how she think she better and workship beatrice makes me want to slap her like Rosa did.

Kanon-Little ass emo going i am furniture

Gohda- ass kisser

Somebody is mad xD

Regarding Battler ... I kinda agree that their argument has no point. The more it goes on the stupider it gets, but well their argument is what drives the story so we have to cope with it.

Before judging the other characters I'd STRONGLY recommend reading the rest of the novel.

It's not a VN you can judge on a couple episodes. You'll learn about many characters more and more.

This is how Rosa became my favorite character.

But yeah ... Battler and Georges ... in the first episodes ...

Umineko is nevertheless a really good VN in my opinion.

The OST is incredible, the atmosphere is breath taking, character development is really interesting, and it's a mystery novel which answers step by step to the questions you are asking yourself.

Keep going, i'll take responsibility

Edited by Guest

Yeah... not quite. Alike Higurashi, Umineko has two parts, the first 4 episodes and episodes 4-8. It is impossible to judge Umineko by only having read the first part, or just 2 episodes for that matter.

But I can guarantee that every character will change, (be it like you expect or not) over the course of the game. And Umineko is a great game, you shouldn't quit because of the first episodes, that once again, are rather similar to Higurashi in the aspect that they differ from the episodes 4-8.

Regarding the mysteries... you'll get more than enough you can solve on your own, but episodes 1-4 kind of focus more on other things...

Battler, Eva, Rosa, Maria, Kanon - They'll get character development, fret not. (At least, as long as you believe they will...)

I'm not quite sure Gohda is actually ever useful over the course of the game... He's a proper arse kisser alright.

Anyways, this is my view on the matter, but I am by no means a professional regarding stories and good visual novels :P

i will keep going, from reading Higurashi i have some idea where this is going and no doubt every character is going redeem themselve like how Takano is not a total bitch, but dam Battler, that kid is thick and stubborn as fuck, i know its probably something like as soon as you recongnise her as a witch then she would have power over you and kill you otherwise your are fine as long as you deny her, but that doesnt make the argument any less stupid

but dam Battler, that kid is thick and stubborn as fuck, i know its probably something like as soon as you recongnise her as a witch then she would have power over you and kill you otherwise your are fine as long as you deny her, but that doesnt make the argument any less stupid

I'll be honest here, I loved Battler when it comes to witches because that was exactly what I would've done. I can't explain how the crimes happened but I still would've refused to believe something such as witches without proof. And that's 'proper' proof, not ilusions or halucinations. 

Shame, I would've understood your opinion better had you described these characters more constructively and without ridicule.

I haven't read Umineko, but I heard there was a logical conclusion to the plot that might give a bit of workaround.

I guess I should brace for a handful of unlikable characters before I read it.  -_-

Yep Umineko is objectively worse then Higurashi. But unlike OP I actually like the characters, in fact they were pretty much the only reason I kept reading through the whole thing. The last 3 episodes of Umineko were pure non sense garbage tbh.

Right... yeah, I agree that going into the last few episodes the plot starts to become a tangled mess and you'll probably have a hard time understanding it. I myself never really did, which is why I intend to play it all again, until I can understand everything that's going on.

Now regarding the character personalities, I need to once again say that the personalities they have in the first episode does not necessarily mean they will keep them for the whole game. Similarly to how slightly different worlds have slightly different plots in Higurashi, the characters may or may not have their personalities change. 

Umineko takes the concepts born in Higurashi and advances them much further - in that way, it is a much better and more complex story as a whole. That said, the two are completely different when it comes to the direction in which the story goes, just keep in mind Umineko is more of a spiritual successor than a direct sequel.

As for myself, while I preferred the mood Higurashi has, Umineko's story is much more intriguing. Unlike Higurashi, you can't really judge it based on a single episode, as it is much more linear and connected than Higurashi was, so I'd recommend not giving up just yet. :)

i finished Higurashi(loved it) and Umineko ep 1 and some of ep2, but isnt the story of umineko kinda bad? it is worth reading at all? i mean they can probably rxplain the murder  logically but currently i fail how except by magic but most of all, the character is really annoying

Battler- retarded, see world reset, dead people talking(ep1 epilogue), cant explain any of the magic and unrefutable evidence but still say "i cant explain it but witch doesnt exist" ! dafug? dont tell me he continue this thorugh out  the novel.

Rosa-nutjob need to see anger managment although i can partially understand her how she treat maria

Maria-annoying little shit, the uuuun uuun, the laugh and how she think she better and workship beatrice makes me want to slap her like Rosa did.

Gohda- ass kisser

ANNNNND you couldn't be more wrong. Higurashi really isn't that great so far I am on chapter 6 now. . I got much more enjoyment out of Umineko by far. Better story, better soundtrack. Even the characters are more enjoyable.

well for me i enjoyed Higurashi's anime more than the VN especially the 2nd season,the build-up was awesome

for Umineko it'd be the opposite,the anime is really weird i didnt understand a thing

Umineko's anime you just can't even compare. It doesn't do it justice in the least, furthermore, it's not complete. Even if it was brilliant, without episodes   5-8 you still wouldn't understand bugger all.

Enjoying a DEEN anime more than the source material... what has the world come to?  <_<

Though I do understand that the production values of the original Higurashi are pretty damn bad, and not everyone has read the greatly superior PS2 version.

Yep Umineko is objectively worse then Higurashi. But unlike OP I actually like the characters, in fact they were pretty much the only reason I kept reading through the whole thing. The last 3 episodes of Umineko were pure non sense garbage tbh.

Can you even be objective about entertainment, though? O.o

That's some incredibely subjective objective opinion.

Besides the fact that this is not in any way objective, most people that say the last episodes in Umineko (assuming you are referring to episode 6,7 and 8?) made no sense usually don't really understand the story. If it's not your thing or if you didn't like them as much as the rest then that is ok, but the last 3 episodes are as important as any other. 

Honestly, if you're not the kind of person that can appreciate paradox (Umineko is stuffed with that) and the fact that everything doesn't wrap up in a nice little package for easy consumption, Umineko probably is not for you.  It's the kind of tale that spurns a lot of thought and debate as to what is "truth" is, and does it even matter in the end if the result is the same.  Ever see/read "Life of Pi"? 

Yeah, not really, no. Completely subjective.  I can completely understand that Umineko is not going to be everyone's cup of tea.  And while Higurashi is incredible, for me the twisted tale of Umineko will stick with me until the day I die.

Gohda- ass kisser

The whole point of Umineko is to construct a murder that can't be explained by something other than magic. It's basically a detective novel - if you don't at least try to figure the mystery out yourself, regardless of whether you actually figure it out, you won't enjoy it nearly as much.

As for the characters, all of them are at least a little messed up for one reason or another, you haven't even seen half of it yet. And part of the fun is watching these messed up people interact with one another while stuck on the island.

Sure you can, take a look at my VNDB list - the ratings are 100% objective. :P

I will be honest here I haven't read either Higurashi nor Umineko but I did watch all Higurashi anime and after I saw how it ended I don't plan on reading Higurashi VNs. I mean seriously after all that gore in the end they give us

some hilarious "kid's traps VS army" ending.

I will be honest here I haven't read either Higurashi nor Umineko but I did watch all Higurashi anime and after I saw how it ended I don't plan on reading Higurashi VNs. I mean seriously after all that gore in the end they give us

Well, Ryu is good at making a nice or complicated story for the most common morals

Then you might be happy to know that the PS2 remake doesn't have that ending arc at all, it has a completely different one instead.

Then you might be happy to know that the PS2 remake doesn't have that ending arc at all, it has a completely different one instead.

That's a good news, I guess in that case I will give it a chance once my Japanese gets good enough, as it doesn't seem that that version will get translated.

That's a good news, I guess in that case I will give it a chance once my Japanese gets good enough, as it doesn't seem that that version will get translated.

Mangagamer actually has a translation of their own, although it's getting re-translated for the steam release.  I've only read ~2 episodes though, and so far I prefer Umineko (Which I have completed.)  I'd say get it as soon as the steam release kicks in xD