What quality do you want Anime?

Kendjin

Anime Quality  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What quality do you get anime at while airing? (ideally)

• 1080p
    • 720p
    • 480p
    • Online Streaming
  2. 2. Once BD releases come out, do you go back and get them?

• Yes
    • Yes, I want to rewatch them in higher quality
    • Yes, because I want the uncensored version
    • No, once I've seen them, I don't rewatch or don't need higher quality.
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

So I was grabbing some of the new season stuff and I got to thinking, I wonder what people download in terms of regular quality.

I mean I know everyone could download the 1080p upscale, but they tend to drop in about 500-600MB while airing, you can get the 720p usually about 250-300MB, also considering a lot of it is natively 560p.

My question is this?

How do you balance between image size and filesize and do you feel higher resolution gives a better result? 

Where's the option for "Yes I want to rewatch it because the TV release is all censored" ?

For me it's 720p simply because my monitor is not 1080p so no need for more.

But if i really love a show i'll download the 1080p BD release and watch it in the living room on my TV that's actually 1080p

Its there O.o

TFKB2at.png

Sneaky..

Well there you have my vote.

I barely see any point in waiting for BDs unless it's to uncensor anime honestly.

I get that some really do get a noticeable quality boost but it doesn't justify me rewatching the whole thing unless there's something actually new.

Of course if it's something that's already done airing and the BDs are out then obviously i'll get the BDs, but that's the only scenario.

I usually go with 720p and sometimes with 480p I keep everything that I download on my hard and 1080p takes to much space so I download in 1080p very rarely. And I rarely download BD usually for the same reason true if it is a horror anime I download BDrip once it is out otherwise I don't care if it's censored cause I actually prefer ecchi scenes to be censored.

Don't forget that on DVDs/BluRays not only do they uncensor, they sometimes patch up the artwork in general...

It's certainly not worth it for every show but for those shows you are just crazy about, it very well might be.

I'm thinking of getting some R2DVDs from Japan for a few shows that were only available in below DVD quality...I know they're out there...but I don't know if I can get them shipped to me in an affordable manner.

I ideally want 1080p but I usually only find 720p. I just grab the highest quality version I can and then I might torrent the blu-ray's if I really like the series. I usually keep it al on an external harddrive so I can go to my friends houses and share all my favorite anime with them. With unlimited bandwidth I've been going a little nuts with my downloading.  :lol:

I usually like torrenting the uncensored version because I just hate censorship. I hate when an anime is going to have mature themes but can't actually show mature content. I'm fine with nudity and gore but I'm not good with the random white lines and the dreaded blurs, it just makes it look so cheesy and bad.

Edited by monkeysrumble

I ideally want 1080p but I usually only find 1080p. I just grab the highest quality version I can and then I might torrent the blu-ray's if I really like the series. I usually keep it al on an external harddrive so I can go to my friends houses and share all my favorite anime with them. With unlimited bandwidth I've been going a little nuts with my downloading.  :lol:

I usually like torrenting the uncensored version because I just hate censorship. I hate when an anime is going to have mature themes but can't actually show mature content. I'm fine with nudity and gore but I'm not good with the random white lines and the dreaded blurs, it just makes it look so cheesy and bad.

Wath?

I seriously love the quality of 1080p, but I always download in 720p (even the BD versions) since 1080p tends to take up more storage..

As for the BD versions I get them because I don't like the lower quality in the TV version, and also because it's uncensored (To Love-Ru, etc..)

I seriously love the quality of 1080p, but I always download in 720p (even the BD versions) since 1080p tends to take up more storage..

As for the BD versions I get them because I don't like the lower quality in the TV version, and also because it's uncensored (To Love-Ru, etc..)

Buy more storage. If money is an issue, sell your monitor to buy more storage. If money is still an issue, don't pay the power bill and buy more storage. 

Buy more storage. If money is an issue, sell your monitor to buy more storage. If money is still an issue, don't pay the power bill and buy more storage. 

If I sell my monitor then I can't watch my animu :/  JK. But still, I'm totally fine with 720p. As long as it's not 480p or below.

TV-Aired anime is not broadcasted in 1080p, so I get the highest quality possible which is 720p.

(Maximum that some American TV channels broadcast at is 1080i, not 1080p. I don't know about a single TV channel that broadcasts in 1080p so I doubt that any JP channel would do that either [and since we see no 1080i releases of aired anime, they most likely don't even broadcast at that, just normal 720p hdtv])

When there is BD release (and I wait for BD with anime that has censorship), I usually get the one that downloads faster (has more seeds) - usually that is 720p but in some situations the 1080 downloads faster.